Brown Discharge

KittenCoco

Reaction score
Sorry to be a TOTAL newbie about all of this but thought I would ask anyway.

I stopped taking the pill at the end of October and had my last AF on the 26th. I've been on the pill for just under 10 years (for cramps originally) so am anxious enough about the return of the monster! I had a pretty horrific time with it all as a teenager so I thought I would read up online about it and as a result I've been taking EPO, Agnust Castus and other such herbs to try and help.

All was going swimmingly until the last few days when I started to get mild cramping. Nothing painful, but cramping nonetheless. Then yesterday, I went to the toilet and the was some brown discharge ont he toilet paper. Not at all like a period... more of a gunk! :blush: And the same today.... there has been enough to make a small mark on underwear but it's still just brown gunk type stuff.

Has anyone else experienced this - is this spotting common? Even with my horrible AF years ago, I've never ever experienced spotting... Could this be a sign that AF is on the way?

it takes a while for your body to get back to normal after coming off the pill. i think i had this when i first came off the pill not sure if its the same though lol! had it after af too

I know I'm not TTC, but I just stumbled across this post. I also came off the Pill in October, after being on it for about 8 years. One of the main reasons for coming off was because (for about a year) I was getting a brown discharge in the middle of my cycles on BCP.

I have just finished my first real AF after a Pill-free cycle, and had brown discharge (spotting) before and after AF. I think it's common for ladies coming off the Pill. :)

no problem! :thumbup: somebody on here nearly always has the answer:winkwink:

Thanks too mrsswaffer, hopefully like you it's a sign that AF is on the way. Anxious to get a pill free AF so I know I'm ovulating... hoping won't be too much of a wait!

sometimes couples get pregnant very fast after coming off the pill everybodys different

So I hear britzy... although I imagine I won't be one of those as AF was irregular before the pill (I heard it can go back to the way it was before pill?)... I'm very impatient lol.... not expecting anything just yet!

mine got more painful but i think age had something to do with that too. was about 18 when i started it and maybe 25 when i stopped it. did take a while to become normal though

I just came off the pill in June and I had brown discharge after AF this last month...which isnt normal for me...so it could be coming off the pill like all the other ladies said... which i wanted something else...:)bfp:) lol oh well...maybe here soon we will be on a normal cycle and achieve that :bfp: !!! Good luck!

I have the brown gunk too :( Sometimes it's at the end of my period when the bleeding stops. It's pretty gross that's for sure. I haven't really had it since I got off BFP so I think it's something to do with that too.

Well, it ended up lasting a whole week for me in the end. The third day was the heaviest and went more red in colour so I was thinking maybe it was AF? I had mad cravings for chocolate and chinese food so maybe it was! I'm very confused!

I was also on the pill for about ten years. Almost 2 years ago I stopped the pill because I was having too much breakthrough bleeding and wild mood swings. I would say it took a good year for things to get back to normal. I went to see a Doctor of Chinese medicine and she game me herbs and performed acupuncture. Things are very normal now. We were using barrier methods up until last month and are TTC now starting this month! GOod luck!:)

I came off BCP in September, had my withdrawal bleed a few days later then real AF came 26 days later. I had no spotting/discharge during my first real cycle but my last cycle (second after stopping BCP), I had some brown spotting at 9DPO. I was wondering whther it was implantation bleeding due to the timing and the fact that it only lasted 24 hours. It turns out that it was my AF on her way. She showed her ugly face 5 days later making my second cycle 25 days long

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"