Brown light bleeding

Hope13

Reaction score
Hi all.

Im about 4 1/2 weeks gone. Yesterday and today I have had brown spotting. Sorry for tmi but this is only when I wipe and nothing on my knickers. Yesterday was worse but this was after my husband and I got naughty in the bedroom (no penetration but had a big O). Anyway today, everytime I got the toilet, there is mild very light brown and I haven't had any cramps etc. I still have a fluttery feeling in my tummy (probably wind I know). I had this with my first pregnancy 9 years ago but it seems a lifetime ago, I can't remember every detail. I had pinkish spotting a couple of weeks ago and now, every few days, this brown discharge seems to come back. Now, this probably is too much info for you but might be crucial information. I inserted a tampax inside of me and there was more blood which was a lot browner but I had to go quite deep to find it. I am taking it easy today even though I have lots to do (luckily its my day off from work) and am trying to ignore the fact I need to hoover, iron etc. I have asked my friend to bring me a HPT back from Asda's today just to do another test to reassure myself. I had FRER tests coming back positive 2 weeks ago and a CB digital showed I am about 4 weeks so I know I am not imagining things..even though I sometimes wondered as we have wanted this for so long. Can anyone else help. x

Sorry, I should have added, I dont have any back ache which I suffer from horrendously before AF arrives. I also get bad hip pain with AF and there is no sign of that either. x

I am no expert, but brown spotting is left over old blood, probably left over from the pinkish episode from a few weeks ago. If the CB digital shows 3+ weeks, you are probably more than 4 1/2 weeks pregnant...

If I were you, I would stop rooting around up there with tampons as it could cause irritation, and maybe refrain from more big O's (damn lol!!!!) till the spotting subsides.

I had something similar with one of my pregnancies and the pregnancy was perfectly viable...

Good luck :)

Thanks crazy. LOL, my friend told me the same thing to stop rooting up there. I can feel it irritating a little but I am obsessed and so paranoid I am about the m/c. It would break our hearts. I got a 1-2 on the CB digi and someone on here said that is 4 weeks gone. My last period was 23 Dec but I got a positive on a FRER 2 weeks last Friday. I just have got to the point where my brain is frazzled with thinking about it all! I have PCOS and read somewhere it could be ovarian cysts bleeding but I am also aware of the higher chance of m/c with PCOS. I am hoping and praying things will be ok. Thank you again crazy. xx

Sorry to hear this.

I have pink watery discharge so am concerned like you.

I have been to the doctors again today and she said that she is not overly concerned when the bleeding is brown or pink.

Only when the bleeding is bright red or with cramping then she would be worried.

xx

Thank you, that has eased my mind. I need to go to the loo so many times today but am petrified each time I go. Fingers crossed all will be well for us both. x

First of all... big hugs! :hugs::hugs:

Second, try not to stress yourself out. I had 2 weeks of brown bleeding which stopped last week and drove myself crazy with worry. Called the doc etc and she said,
'Brown blood is old blood, if you get bright red blood (lots), cramping or clots then come back but refrain from sex, (this can cause it by irritating the cervix) until it stops. it will be fine'
I think stimulation can cause bleeding sometimes but I have definately had none of that!! Am too scared!! :rofl:
I had an early scan as i was so worried and it seemed to be fine and i have my follow up scan this wednesday, 3 weeks later.
And last point, DONT use tampons honey!!!! :haha: They are soooo bad as can cause infection and allsorts. Definately get a panty liner!! :thumbup:

Thank you so much Astor. Again, your post has made me feel much better. Ive been needing to go to the loo for half an hour but daren't go! I promise I won't go rooting around up there to see what is happening and i wish I never had. I was just convinced it was the start of a m/c. Thank you again and huge hugs back, it is much appreciated. P.s...I am so hungry all of the time, at least that is a good sign! xxx

I had this at 6 weeks and when I spoke to the Dr about it he said it was normal and around 1/3 of all women get this. He said it was just the baby putting out more roots into the placenta and securing itself more firmly. Not had anything for the last few days touch wood.

Definately good signs! I was a total nervous wreck! (Like proper psycho! :winkwink: ) but thank god hubby is calm and scraped me off the ceiling! :rofl:
You will be fine hon, xxxx

I am like a pscho too, lol. Just plucked up the courage to have a week. Its still there. I close my eyes for a couple of seconds after wiping as I am sooooo nervous. Its awful. I am wondering you know, if I am a little further on that the CB test showed. The reason I say this is, during my first pregnancy, 9 years ago, this sort of thing happened but if my memory serves me right, it started at about 6 weeks. The whole thing is driving me bonkers, literally bonkers. I'm convincing myself now that I am not even pregnant (Told you I was mad!) Could it be implant bleeding do you think? Argghhhhh, sorry everyone for the questions. I am just sat here on my day off and haven't moved from the laptop. I think I have read every thread on here re brown spotting, bleeding, threatened m/c etc. Thanks ladies for your replies though, I do appreciate it. xxxxxx

lol, I am mad...a wee that should be....not a week!! I am so on another planet at the mo, even reversing my car into a tree, lol! xx

Be careful you!!! (And god, we sound alike!!) Dont trawl the internet for horror stories, go look at the bump pics thread... that is really cheery!
After my 3 call to my doctor she said to me,
'Aster, I have known women who have needed a blood transfusion they lost so much blood and they had perfectly healthy babies, this is a first trimester symptom.'
Gave me the mental slap and 'pull yourself together woman!' I needed! :winkwink:

Try to stay busy (while taking it easy! :rofl: ) to keep your mind off it. xxx

Just to reiterate what others have said - I started spotting brown blood last night and carried on the morning. Fortunately I saw my midwife this afternoon for my booking in appointment and she said to only get worried if it was red, not brown. She also said to ring the early pregnancy unit if I was still worried in a couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"