Brown spotting - advice please......

Laughing Girl

Reaction score
So, yesterday morning we had sex, not anything rough or out of the ordinary. Last night I noticed some brown tinged CM when I wiped. I thought it had a feint reddish tint to it and showed my husband who thought it was definitely brown and that I was worrying over nothing.
There was nothing to see this morning but I still felt concerned and stayed home from work. There has been nothing to see all day, and I have had no cramping, but have just been to the loo now and there are a couple of spots of yellowy brown on my knickers and when I wiped there was a bit of beige CM on the paper.......I've a lot of MS and have had for the passed week and a half - its still here today......
Should I be worried.........what do you think girls?

Sorry for such a lot of info

x x x

Hi. I posted earlier this morning as I have the same thing. As the other ladies advised me, as long as it's not fresh red blood with cramps, then there is nothing to worry about. But if it's really worrying you then maybe you can speak to your gp and get referred for a scan? I'm too early for a scan so nothing would really show up yet. But you're a bit further on than me. xx

that happens with me and my FDH sometimes...did he...um..:blush:.."finish" in you? Because the tint to the cm today could be some of "that" coming back out..:blush:...happens to me....i wouldn't worry unless you have real bad cramps and or fresh red blood:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

wouldn't worry about it either - it's after sex :) Nothing's wrong with it. Besides remember the first trimester rule? wipe and don't look! :)

guess what, just when I told you not to worry, I got it too. Called my doctor, she said not to worry and wait and see if it goes away over a weekend.

That's a coincidence - hang on in there (both of us!) - lets keep each other posted over the weekend?
x x

Hi, I had this in both my previous pregnancies, like a brown discharge similar to the very end of a period, had scans both times and all was ok, turned out to be an implantation bleed which can happen any time between 4 and 8 weeks, the other thing it could be is if you are due your period around now, try not to worry xxx

Yes we should... To make matters worse, i am actually traveling by plane all day tomorrow and should be home around 5 or so :( Can this timing be worse? :(

Jen I am over 8 weeks :(

Ok, just off the phone to my work (i work with midwives and HVs) apparently i am wrong implantation can happen later in pregnancy, and brown spotting can carry on for up to term round about the time your period is due, as long as no severe cramping or fresh red bleeding the you should be fine xx

hang in there! i'm sure everything will be fine! thinking of you..keep us posted!

I wouldn't worry! It doesn't seem like anything serious, especially if it's stopped now. :)

I had the same thing today! Not even brown spotting, more like beige spotting...but now I'm calmed down again...as long as my boobs hurt then I guess I'm good to go!

So, its not got any worse, or any darker, no cramps, but still there. I know I should wipe and flush, not wipe and look, but I just can't - have to have a peek!
I think that if its still happening on Monday morning I will phone the dr and try and get my 8 week scan (next Friday) moved forward to (hopefully) put my mind at rest.
I went to see my TCM doctor last night - she said that my pregnancy pulse was strong and that my baby was still there, so I am putting all my faith in her right now..........fx'd!!

I'm sure there isn't anything to worry about. I have heard that it is quite common to spot after having sex. Although I can understand your concern - that's the reason my DH and I have decided to try and not have sex for a couple more weeks... I am too scared too :(

Hang in there. Keep us updated!!

I've had brown spotting twice now. Once around the 4th week, which was very minimal, and then again in the 6th week, which was a whole lot more, so I freaked and went to the ER. Turns out everything was ok. I was advised that brown blood is old blood and if it's not chunky and accompanied with heavy painful cramps, I shouldn't worry. So the ER gave us the first look at our baby with a beating heart, growing nicely and everything! So please try not to worry too much, I know easier said than done, as I still wipe and look EVERY time, lol, but it really may be nothing!

:hug:

Ladies,

You do not know how much relief I have found from this thread. I got my :bfp: yesterday and then this morning noticed some brown flecks when wiping, and the cm was generally a bit beige. (No cramps, though)

You can imagine, I went into overdrive and was convinced that what was given with one hand was cruelly being taken away with the other.

Finding this thread has really calmed me down. Thank you.

Hope everyone is well and their spotting has disappeared.

Biggest PHEW ever

:hug:

Hi Ladies

I am in exactly the same position.... no cramping or redness so am doing my best not to panic... I have had the brown/beigish wipe for about a week.... I think it has stopped now.... can't help but looking EVERY time I wipe....

good luck everyone!!

Hey, update on me - brown spotting is gone and I actually went to a doctor and saw my little miracle with a strong heartbeat. I don't know how I managed to find a doctor who knows somebody who knows somebody at 11pm but I did :) It was beautiful, wish my OH was there to see, he's now upset that he didn't.

Hey, update on me - brown spotting is gone and I actually went to a doctor and saw my little miracle with a strong heartbeat. I don't know how I managed to find a doctor who knows somebody who knows somebody at 11pm but I did :) It was beautiful, wish my OH was there to see, he's now upset that he didn't.

Glad everything's okay!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->