Brown spotting at 4 weeks - looking for reassurance :( UPDATED PAGE 4!

Hi everyone,

I'm 4+3 (I think) and I woke up this morning to brown blood when I wiped. It's still there now everytime I go to the loo. I've been testing daily and I've convinced myself this mornings tests (bottom 2) are lighter?

Has anyone had this spotting and it turns out to be nothing to worry about? :cry:

Hi Laura!

I haven't used FRER lately to compare, but your tests seem to be progressing well!! :flower: I have had brown spotting the past week, every day. I haven't had an early scan; I was offered one but want to wait until I'm sure we can see something. Instead I've had three quantitative blood draws. Even with the brown spotting my numbers are doubling every 35 hours. Hoping you have a very H & H 9 months! :hugs:

Keep us updated!

Thank you Jackson :) I cant seem to get bloods done easily here, just been told to wait until my GP appointment on Friday and can then be referred for an early scan as soon as I'm 6 weeks, if we get that far.

No more spotting for now, which is great. Just hope it stays that way! In 2 minds about whether to do another FRER tonight or step away from the tests!

Does anyone know how quickly HCG drops if a miscarriage is going to happen? Is it likely i'll still get a strong positive even if I'm about to miscarry?

Thank you Jackson :) I cant seem to get bloods done easily here, just been told to wait until my GP appointment on Friday and can then be referred for an early scan as soon as I'm 6 weeks, if we get that far.

No more spotting for now, which is great. Just hope it stays that way! In 2 minds about whether to do another FRER tonight or step away from the tests!

Does anyone know how quickly HCG drops if a miscarriage is going to happen? Is it likely i'll still get a strong positive even if I'm about to miscarry?

That's unfortunate! Having a couple blood draws would give you some peace! I'm going to test a few more days...will you keep testing for a while longer?

I'm glad to hear you haven't had anymore! I've already had some spotting this morning :wacko: I'm going to try and hold out to 7 weeks before getting a scan.

Interested to hear about the mc question! I wouldn't think so though. My friend who mc didn't keep testing, but had her blood drawn when she started bleeding heavier. Her hcg was only like 19. She wouldn't have gotten a dark test at that point.

Your HCG wouldn't drop until after your miscarriage so an FRER won't give you an accurate picture. Definitely need bloods, sequentially done, to show levels either rising or dropping.

That being said, don't think like that! Think sticky baby! If the brown has stopped I'd say you're doing great.

I'm sitting at work crying....damn hormones!!

Going to take it easy tonight and maybe take the next couple of days off work...it's not like im concentrating anyhow.

Ive gone from being 100% sure I'm going to miscarry to now being in 2 minds. The tests are so dark. I was due to do my 2nd CB digi tonight to see if I get a 2-3 but if HCG is high regardless of an impending miscarriage then I could do without the false hope....

Laura am pretty much in same situation.

Have irregular cycles/uncertain abt my lmp. Spotting abt a week (12th November) after bfp (on 7th November, 8 November cb digital said 1-2 weeks .).... red streaks of blood in cm. Had early scan (13 Nov) which told am just abt 5 weeks empty gest sac. Booked for anothe scan for tomorrow

It's been 2 weeks I spotted dark brown maroon discharge sorry tmi! Yday saw some bright red streaks again....
I couldn't hold back my tears, did my Cb digital which said 3+ today..... Still am scared worried depressed this spotting g is driving me mad!!!!!

These 2 weeks were the hardest in my life and am fed up of the uncertainty!!!!! My books hurt.... Almost gagged& puked my coffe this morning, nausea .... Sorry it its all tmi! But I just feel so down atm! :cry:

I'm sitting at work crying....damn hormones!!

Going to take it easy tonight and maybe take the next couple of days off work...it's not like im concentrating anyhow.

Ive gone from being 100% sure I'm going to miscarry to now being in 2 minds. The tests are so dark. I was due to do my 2nd CB digi tonight to see if I get a 2-3 but if HCG is high regardless of an impending miscarriage then I could do without the false hope....

I think hope is great :thumbup: A positive outlook and mindset can only help, not hurt! I figure as long as my tests don't get lighter...my odds of mc are going down. I'm going to test this weekend and hope for a 3+. I got 2-3 this past Sunday. My fingers are crossed for you!

Keerthy all those symptoms sound great! And you got a 3+digi weeks after the spotting, that has to be good!!

It's torture isn't it, I haven't had any red bleeding yet but I'm terrified I will. Feet up tonight!!

Thanks Jackson!! Fingers crossed for you too. Hopefully this is all going to work out fine for us and we'll be back to normal pregnancy chatter in no time

Not sure abt cb digital a hun!!!! Have heard they are really confusing and notorious

These two weeks have been hell! Argh can't wait for tomorrow

Big hugs & hoping for a positive for all of us!!!!!

You must be so stressed! Brown blood is old blood so that's a pretty hopeful sign especially where it has stopped. Just hang in there hun, I'll keep my fx for you. Xx

Update: no more bleeding and no cramps so far today. Last night just a tiny bit of brown when I checked cervix. Also...got this!! :happydance:

1-2 showed up last Friday so I'm happy it's moved to 2-3 :thumbup:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 15
To me I really think things are looking good for you :hugs: stay possitive! :flower:

Keerthy all those symptoms sound great! And you got a 3+digi weeks after the spotting, that has to be good!!

It's torture isn't it, I haven't had any red bleeding yet but I'm terrified I will. Feet up tonight!!

Had a scan today! My last scan on 13 nov told It was a very early infra uterine pregnancy with crl of 6.5mm. Doc had told may be 4 or 5 wks.

Today they out me at 5w 5days with a yolk sac and foetal pole in there. So it has grown, but dunno what to think! Doc told me I went to them very early ....,, with DD I got a positive OPK on jan 21 and I got positive preg test on 30th jan.

This one is so difficult to uneed stand as it was a surprise didn't plan, didn't use anything and my periods were all over the place.

I have a scan next Thursday!!!!! Agh it's Agony!!!!! :baby::baby::baby::baby:

Literally in the same situation. Feel crampy. Brown stuff has stopped but it's like brown in discharge so a little bit. Like a little spot in my underwear but if I check my cervix it was creamy discharge mixed with a little tiny bit of brown. Hmmm.
Hope this pregnancy works out for you!! Xxx

Sounds positive Hun :) x

Thanks Hun! I hope so too.... My breasts are killing me now underarms hurt too I am dizzy all day! Hungry n extreme thirst like I have 3-4 litres everyday! :baby:

Literally in the same situation. Feel crampy. Brown stuff has stopped but it's like brown in discharge so a little bit. Like a little spot in my underwear but if I check my cervix it was creamy discharge mixed with a little tiny bit of brown. Hmmm.
Hope this pregnancy works out for you!! Xxx

I was so stressed before the scan as I was all alone and had to pick my dd from sch as well.... I had a major cramping for a few seconds like period pains and again some brown discharge with a small spot of red! But then had the scan saw the foetal pole I hope it's nothing to worry about!!!!!

Praying it will all work out for us!!!! :hugs::baby::baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"