Brown spotting for 5 days... CD1?

Oh_Clementine

Reaction score
Hi!

As of today (Wednesday, 5th of August), I am on CD51. That's right, no period since the middle of June! Since last Friday, I've been spotting, but only when wiping. I haven't had to use a tampon, or ruined my underwear. There is no smell to the discharge, or any other changes down there.

First it started off as light brown with some pink. I thought "wow, this may be AF!" Then I started to get little bits of darker red in there and on Saturday morning I was convinced it was AF, because I was having a lower back ache and a couple of cramps. But then it went to a dark brown. Then I had a few globs of EWCM, with stringy brown. Then it went to light brown again, and now this morning it seems a brighter red, but still only when I wipe or check my cervix.

When I thought it was definitely AF, I was excited because I'm wanting to start (unmonitored) Femara and I need to start that into a new cycle.

It does not make much sense to me to take provera, because that will only work if you have lining to shed. If this is all I am bleeding, then I'd say I probably don't have any more lining. I am sick of waiting, and taking provera when it probably wouldn't work seems like a waste of time for me. Plus, I don't currently have a doctor.

Here is a link to pictures of the spotting since Monday, when the dark brown turned up, because I thought it was weird - I've never had this before. Until then, I honestly thought I was gearing up for AF, or just having a really light cycle. Warning advised.
https://i60.tinypic.com/2s6397t.jpg

What would you ladies consider this? A period? Just random discharge? Does anyone have any stories of something similar? Everything I've googled returns pages of stuff about implantation, early pregnancy bleeding and/or no answers to the original question.

I promise to update!

Background:
I have PCOS.
In June, I had my first cycle in exactly 2 years - it lasted for 7 days and was very heavy and painful.
I've been taking HPTs and OPKs every couple of days, and they're all negative. The last ones I took a couple of hours ago, negative too.

Hey, I am in a very similar situation (pcos, currently cd62 and spotting, altough just for one day) but in your case, with 5 days of spotting I would consider it as af. You probably had an anovulatory cycle and this is not the "real" af, but nevertheless the start of a new cycle. But as I said, this would just be my suggestion!

Sounds like it could have been a very light AF , but I would think on a 51 day cycle ovulation or not you would have a heavier bleed because the lining builds up either way, if your absolutely certain your not pregnant you could start the femara now.

I have had this a few times. It was a annovulatory cycle for me. I also have pcos.

mine has been weird this time not due af till Monday but Friday late on went the toilet there was bit of brown what I thorght was the start of af but when I wiped nothing there at all yesterday took kids out for a long walk to the park got home went the toilet brown in my knickers me and the hb had sex no blood this morning got up was some red blood in my shorts wiped just a bit do put a pad on and theres only a bit on me pad weird don't no whats going on but I have changed me diet and doing a lot more exercise but going to see how it goes and phone me doctor tomorrow to see what she says I normally have pain before af and not had anythink at all xx

Thanks for the responses, ladies. I was surprised to see any replies, haha, I thought I'd come back and check and I'd be just here talking to myself again.

I'm still getting some spotting while wiping a couple of times a day, still never got a real flow and it's just remained brown apart from a couple of wipes on Wednesday.

I bit the bullet and decided to take the Femara and I just finished my last dose. I started on just 2.5mg, I've been remaining positive and hoping it works. I would be super happy if I managed to ovulate, let alone get a BFP.

I've had a couple of side effects which include being very tired, headaches, sore boobs, bone/joint pain, vivid nightmares and some twinges in the pelvic area, but they could just be chalked up to my body doing whatever the heck it wants to.

Fingers crossed!

hope somethink happens for you hun its awful when you don't no whats going on isn't it af has started now for me xx

hope somethink happens for you hun its awful when you don't no whats going on isn't it af has started now for me xx
It really is. It sounded like AF in your last post, so I'm glad she arrived so at least you know what was happening. Now you have a new, fresh cycle to TTC with. :)

Why femara and not clomid?
I've done a lot of research and decided to go with Femara because there seems to be a higher success rate with PCOS, Femara also does not thin the lining or cause a lot of side effects that stay in your system for months. The chances of OHSS is very low, which is something that really drew me to it as I am doing unmonitored cycles.

I have hun it was just a range to Me because never done that before xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->