Brown spotting- Help!- Updated : (

Mellybelle

Reaction score
I am 13+4 today and have brown spotting when I wipe. I had this at 11 weeks too and went for a scan and all was well. This time there is more. I'm scared. Has anyone else had this and been ok. Did any of you find out what it was?

Didn't want to read and run dear but I personally never had brown spotting, just light pink at 5 weeks. You should call your doctor or MW just to be on the safe side. I pray that everything is still perfect.

I have had it on and off through the pregnancy...brown blood is old blood and as long as you don't get bad cramping or the blood turns red and clotty try not to worry. If your symptoms do get worse...phone your midwife/doctor asap.
On a website I was reading, it said 33% of women that went on to have healthy pregnancies bled sometime throughout their pregnancy...so spotting is really quite common. :hugs:

I would call your midwife as there was bleeding but as bambers stated brown blood is old blood. However if this is a fairly new thing, and the bleeding is not "normal" for this pregnancy it may be a sign of something going on (hematoma, incompetent cervix, etc). 2nd trimester bleeding is more serious than first trimester as implantation is complete. Things can be treated and because there is not a large amount and it is not currently red everything is probably stable but it may be something you need treatment or monitoring for! Good luck!

I had brown bleeding and clotting at 14 weeks - was a horrible and emotional day - I took myself off to the nearest hospital after calling my doc and was told that bubs was fine and my placenta was 'low lying' and completely covering my cervix which could explain that while walking/moving around etc little bits came down and out...
i was told to not do much walking around at all until I was a bit further on (20 weeks) and just take it easy...I did and felt better for it and now the placenta has moved up (or at least my uterus has grown so it appears to have 'moved' if ya know what i mean!)
I would call your midwife straight away and save yourself all the worry on your own.
I hope you get seen straight away sweet and take it easy in the meantime - lots of love hope you get on okay - I'm sure all will be fine. :hugs:
xxx

Thank you so much for your replies. I went to the hospital and had an ultrasound. Babys little heart no longer beats. I am devastated. I last saw that little heart flickering away on thursday. :cry:

I'm incredibly sorry for your loss ! :hugs: I can't imagine what you're going through, I'm so sorry xx

Oh sweetheart I'm so so sorry for ur loss xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->