• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Brown spotting! So scared!!

PurpleMama

Reaction score
I am 7 weeks and noticed this afternoon when u went to the washroom that I had some light brown discharge when I wiped. I also have a little bit of cramping (could be gas pain) and had some abdominal discomfort last night (again probably gas).

I know spotting is normal I'm just so worried. Reassurance?

I didn't want to read and run but I'm sure everything will be okay, especially if it's only a little bit of brown spotting. If it was bright red then I would probably be more concerned.

Of course, I'm not qualified in any way - have you contacted a health professional? xx

I had brown discharge last week (at 6 weeks), totally panicked and went to the emergency room. They scanned me and checked the bleeding and could find no signs of miscarriage! 1 week later I had another scan (they couldn't find the heartbeat last week) and it was perfect! Little heart beating away :)

The doctor I met in the er said brown discharge is very common. She said half the women she sees has it and that 98% of the time there is no sinister cause. In my case, they think it's leftover implantation stuff. The doctor I saw even wondered why DH and I looked so worried (it's that normal for her to see).

As for cramping and discomfort, there's lots of stuff happening down there. I had cramping too and still little bits now and then (little bits of brown discharge still as well). But I've been reassured that its normal though worth keeping an eye on.

Any bleeding of any sort should be told to your doctor though. I was told to call the early pregnancy unit any time or the emergency room outside of hours. Is there someone you can call now?

I had brown spotting twice in my last pregnancy, around 7 weeks too. It is really scary but not necessarily anything to worry about! I'm sure everything is fine!

I've had spotting from conception till 6 weeks and just as of today brown discharge, I'm 8 weeks. Don't worry, as I'm trying not too worry! It's scary I'm going through the exact same thing as you are now!!!

I had brown spotting around week 5 and it turned to brown discharge around week 6. The doctor told me that it was probably caused by the excess blood flow to the cervix. My baby at 6w3d was perfectly healthy and the brown spotting/discharge stopped around week 7. I also want to mention that my progesterone was borderline low and I was put on progesterone supplements so I don't know if that was what was causing the spotting or not. Either way, everything is probably perfectly fine, but you still want to mention it to your doctor.

I've had brown spotting from 8 weeks on, I'm now 13.3 weeks and still have brown discharge/spotting. My last appt was around 2 weeks ago and everything looked good. Try not to worry too much :)

Try not to worry it can be quite normal, maybe contact your Dr just to put,your mind at ease :)

Starting at 5 weeks, 6 days, I've had bleeding a total of 3 times, enough to scare the crap out of me. Every other day has been brown, stringy and sometimes clotted discharge. I have definitely had gas cramps too.

After the first bleed (it seemed like a lot), I had an US at the urgent care. Everything was fine. I had another scan a week ago Monday and everything was still fine.

I think you're fine. Or at least that you cannot take this as a sure sign of anything yet.

I'm spotting, mines bright red and brown, brown tends to be consider less worrisome.

However, this is my 4th pregnancy, and in all my healthy pregnancies (I lost one) I spotted, and even bled heavily, no cause was ever found but I was always told to go get checked. So my two healthy pregnancies I bled, spotted etc and all was perfect!

I had some spotting 5-6 weeks had a scan babys fine thank God. Positive vibes Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"