Bruised Clitoris/Urethra?

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
Sttttrrraaange things have been happening with my body...As in, I started out just a little bit sore down there when I was in hospital (even when I wasn't taking Tylenol/Ibuprofen etc) got home and a day or two later I was in serious agony when peeing (from grazes I've assumed! Never had much of an issue with my 2nd degree tear :dohh:)...then in the past few days I've started feeling...'numb' almost when I sit in certain places, right on my clit area....

Well honestly it feels like a bruise, I guess...but kind of different because it's on my vagina :shrug: So I did a bit of googling and a couple of people mentioned about if you had a catheter, it could be bruising of the urethra... So, I guess that might explain it!

BUT why on earth has it taken this long for me to feel it? And has/is anyone experiencing the same and how long should it take to feel normal again? I want some nookie! :rofl:

I had that, I'm not sure when exactly it went.. By week 4 I'd say!
You're a braver woman than me, I'm 6 weeks PP and can't entertain the idea :lol:

im the exact same had a second degree tear which hasnt caused me much bother but was in utter agony with the labia grazing when peeing my labia was seriously swollen and now swellings went down im numbish down there, didnt have a catherter tho. Dear god cant believe ur desp for some nookie my oh will be lucky if he gets it after 6 months lol x

I did not feel the bruising until about 3 weeks and still feel it now at 5 weeks! Ready to feel better!

My sex drive ran away during my pregnancy...I was so swollen down below it just made sex such a 'bother' that I couldn't be assed with it anymore :lol: So now I'm ready and raring to go! I know it's gonna be different, at least to start with, but even with the stitches/grazes/bruising etc I'm less swollen than I was with Evelyn's huge head pressing down on everything! :rofl:

I was ready to feel better within the first few days of having her!!! :dohh:

xx

Okay I know this is a postpartum forum, and I am 4 years postpartum, but my injury came from hubby accidentally bumping my clit/urethra area during sex, unfortunately very hard. It is also bruised and swollen and terribly painful. It happened about 3 weeks ago and I am still in a lot of pain. Please tell me those of you that have posted about a similar injury have healed without trouble? My obgyn didn't know what to do for me, so she referred me to a oncologist gyn, who said I had extreme swelling and bruising. She recommended ice and ibuprofen, but I am not getting any relief from that. She also recommended a pelvic MRI. Extremely worried :(

Okay I know this is a postpartum forum, and I am 4 years postpartum, but my injury came from hubby accidentally bumping my clit/urethra area during sex, unfortunately very hard. It is also bruised and swollen and terribly painful. It happened about 3 weeks ago and I am still in a lot of pain. Please tell me those of you that have posted about a similar injury have healed without trouble? My obgyn didn't know what to do for me, so she referred me to a oncologist gyn, who said I had extreme swelling and bruising. She recommended ice and ibuprofen, but I am not getting any relief from that. She also recommended a pelvic MRI. Extremely worried :(

:hugs: Sorry you're in pain..

Have you considered an alternative therapy - something like Arnica? It's meant to bring out bruising, so things heal quicker... Also I have been using Witch Hazel for swelling (it's an astringent) - I use it in a spray for piles & vaginal swelling/perineum etc which probably won't be a huge help for urethra bruising (it may help a bit though!) but perhaps adding some to your bath tub? Epsom salts are meant to help with swelling in a bath too...

Of course it can't go all the way up and soothe, but it might help a little to soak in a bath or spray on some astringent - it seems to help me a bit anyway!!

Have you told your Dr that the ibuprofen and ice isn't helping? Are you taking paracetamol/tylenol or something along with the ibuprofen, for the pain?

x

In case this info can help anyone ... After my son was born (almost 6 years ago), I had terrible pain in the pelvic floor area, (which was very different from my current injury, it did not involve my clit at all). We waited 9 weeks to have sex and it was very painful. I also had pain when relaxing/contracting those muscles to urinate for a full year after he was born. Having sex and using tampons caused a lot of pain as well during that year. As soon as the pain started to go away at one year postpartum, I got pregnant with DD. At 6 weeks into the pregnancy once everything started to stretch again, the pelvic floor pain returned and lasted the full pregnancy. Two weeks after DD was born, the pelvic floor pain disappeared and never returned. First delivery was a nightmare, cord around my son's neck, I hemorraged, saving us required a vacuum delivery, and I think it was to blame for my misery. Second delivery went smoothly.

Sttttrrraaange things have been happening with my body...As in, I started out just a little bit sore down there when I was in hospital (even when I wasn't taking Tylenol/Ibuprofen etc) got home and a day or two later I was in serious agony when peeing (from grazes I've assumed! Never had much of an issue with my 2nd degree tear :dohh:)...then in the past few days I've started feeling...'numb' almost when I sit in certain places, right on my clit area....

Well honestly it feels like a bruise, I guess...but kind of different because it's on my vagina :shrug: So I did a bit of googling and a couple of people mentioned about if you had a catheter, it could be bruising of the urethra... So, I guess that might explain it!

BUT why on earth has it taken this long for me to feel it? And has/is anyone experiencing the same and how long should it take to feel normal again? I want some nookie! :rofl:

I have this too! And they used a catheter on me when they did my ventouse, so i guess there is definately a link.

Its fading, but slower than my stitches pain which is annoying.. my cut hardly hurts at all, but the bruised feeling is horrible... its also worse when i stand up, as if there is pressure from inside (which im too scared to google.) Sitting down helps as it seems to numb it almost.. the pressure on the "bruise" must stop blood flow i guess meaning it cant hurt :shrug:

I cant help though as i cannot figure out what makes it go away! Although i went out for a walk the other day and that evening there was no pain - exercising must help :shrug: xx

I have this too! And they used a catheter on me when they did my ventouse, so i guess there is definately a link.

Its fading, but slower than my stitches pain which is annoying.. my cut hardly hurts at all, but the bruised feeling is horrible... its also worse when i stand up, as if there is pressure from inside (which im too scared to google.) Sitting down helps as it seems to numb it almost.. the pressure on the "bruise" must stop blood flow i guess meaning it cant hurt :shrug:

I cant help though as i cannot figure out what makes it go away! Although i went out for a walk the other day and that evening there was no pain - exercising must help :shrug: xx

It might be the increased blood flow helping things heal? I feel like there is a blockage when I pee sometimes now - like the pressure of my pee is greater.....it's weird, guess perhaps a bit of swelling could be causing it...but it's starting to feel a bit better, so could be that it's starting to go away!

Hope you feel better soon!!!!

xx

i havnt read the other comments, but omg how weird i had this too, i still have it a little bit when OH touches it (sorry lol) and i did have a catheter so maybe that does explain it, oh and also it hurts BAD in that area when i push for a poo, weird!! xx

HAHA i want some nookie too! and its only been 12 days!!!!lol, hope you feel back to your old self again ;) xx

Mine is definately going away, just hurts when im walking around or standing up for too long. My cut is 100% healed though so hoping the rest of me heals as fast!! Hope you're all feeling better, its an odd feeling!!! x

Haven't read the whole thread but Hayley hun that "pressure" is normal. Especially when standing xx

Katy, when does it go away? Its fading but still horrible when it does decide to hurt! x

Im so glad someone posted this. I had a catheter and I too have been having this feeling! Can't wait for it to go! xxxx

just to say - at about 3/4 weeks PP all my pain was gone :) And now 5 weeks PP im completely normal, so there is hope! x

I had some bruises down there also. But they all went away.

ollie is 6 weeks old tomorrow n im still having a real bother withthis pain :( going to gp to be examined on monday x

I'm soooooooooo glad I found this thread - I have the same and I had a catheter too. I was fine up until 3 days ago (1 week pp) and then it started to feel really bruised. I have a 2nd degree tear and at 1st thought it was that, but now I realise it's higher up and is so painful when I stand or walk. I feel like it'll never go away :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->