Bruised rib :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Seity, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

Owwww - Seriously ouch! I've been coughing so much from this darn cold that I think I bruised a rib. Now every time I cough or breath too deep or move the wrong way or blow my nose it hurts so much. Just a good thing my baby isn't anywhere near the ribs yet or I'd have to worry about him kicking too. Thank heavens I seem to be getting over this cold and not coughing as much. :cry:
    Sorry for the rant, but its just sooo painful at times.

2. MrsBandEgglet

MrsBandEgglet Mummy to 3, expecting #4

:hugs::hugs:

Aww hun, i'm sorry. I know how you feel. A few weeks back i had a terrible cold and cough. When i went for my routine midwife appt she examined me and said i was quite inflamed up top, by my ribs, what was making it worse was the baby was putting pressure on my lungs. She said I could get something from the chemist (can't remember what it was sorry) but when I went they wouldn't give me anything without a prescription. Maybe ask your midwife if you continue to feel really ill. Hope you feel better soon. xx

3. mummypeanut

mummypeanut baby due march 10th

heya ive got bruised ribs too. I went to the docs and they suggested paracetamol and rest - not exactly inspiring advice but it has helped my ribs if not my bank ballance xxx