Buddies Wanted: irregular cycles after coming off BCP

Hi Joey!

I have my FX for you that AF wont show. Negative OPKs don't necessarily mean you didnt ovulate. Don't give up yet this could be your month! :happydance:

I've only had one positive OPK in Feb. I used the expensive digital ones with the happy face (Since I heard the other ones can be confusing) then the past 2 months I used the whole pack of 7 around the same time and all neg :growlmad:. Im not sure if I didnt time it right or what but argg. its so frustrating.

Im kind of confused with the whole temping thing. I thought I was going to ovulate a few days ago (which would be around CD18), and fertilityfriend is giving me these crosshairs saying I may have ovulated on CD8! I'm a little worried since my chart is all over the place but I feel more in control knowing what's going on with my body.

Hi ladyesq !

My last few periods were fairly regular and I was feeling good that my cycles were finally returning to normal... then last month I had crazy symptoms, my breasts hurt and I had heartburn (which i never have), my gums were killing me.. and I thought for sure it was my month since I usually get bad cramps right before AF and I just had some pulling, twingy feelings down there. Then my "period" came but it was (TMI)- dark brown and very light! I took a test just in case (of course, BFN). During that weird AF and a few days after I had cramps, more tenderness and acne all over my face and chest. I saw my doctor since I was really worried but she assured me that this is normal coming off the pill since my body is trying to produce hormones again. She didnt seem too worried about it, ethough the weird AF was 7 months after coming off BCP, you would think my body had worked out all its issues by now. :(

Im not sure why your doctor would tell you that the pill had nothing to do with it.. I know stress and all that can cause irregular periods but its hard to think the pill had NOTHING to do with it. Its all too suspcious that so many people have issues after the pill, esp for long periods of time.

Hi Anna! Welcome :hug:
I came off BCP in Dec so I'm a little behind you and still trying to regulate my cycles. Totally hear you on the acne and other un-fun symptoms :( I hope next time it's a :bfp: for you!!! I struggled with temping too and then realized that you're supposed to take it at the same time each day after the same amount of sleep which just isn't something I can do :(

Joey - my AF is due Wed too! We'll be POAS together, potentially ;)

LadyEsq - I came off mid Dec too! After 14 years of being on BCP my body is all off as well! My doc said that it's because of the pill...odd that yours would say the opposite! SO confusing :(

So excited to have more people on here!!! We can get through this together. :hugs:

baby dust to all!!!
:dust:

Hi Anna! Welcome :hug:
I came off BCP in Dec so I'm a little behind you and still trying to regulate my cycles. Totally hear you on the acne and other un-fun symptoms :( I hope next time it's a :bfp: for you!!! I struggled with temping too and then realized that you're supposed to take it at the same time each day after the same amount of sleep which just isn't something I can do :(

Joey - my AF is due Wed too! We'll be POAS together, potentially ;)

LadyEsq - I came off mid Dec too! After 14 years of being on BCP my body is all off as well! My doc said that it's because of the pill...odd that yours would say the opposite! SO confusing :(

So excited to have more people on here!!! We can get through this together. :hugs:

baby dust to all!!!
Hi MrsChezek - when are you testing? I know that I haven't a chance this cycle but I still really want to test!!!!

Hi Joey!

I have my FX for you that AF wont show. Negative OPKs don't necessarily mean you didnt ovulate. Don't give up yet this could be your month! :happydance:

I've only had one positive OPK in Feb. I used the expensive digital ones with the happy face (Since I heard the other ones can be confusing) then the past 2 months I used the whole pack of 7 around the same time and all neg :growlmad:. Im not sure if I didnt time it right or what but argg. its so frustrating.

Im kind of confused with the whole temping thing. I thought I was going to ovulate a few days ago (which would be around CD18), and fertilityfriend is giving me these crosshairs saying I may have ovulated on CD8! I'm a little worried since my chart is all over the place but I feel more in control knowing what's going on with my body.
I used the "happy face" ones as well - but was away with work around what I think is my ov day so think I may have missed it with everything going on!!! I am going to use fertility friend nxt cycle just waiting for my thermometer to arrive!!!!
AF is due tomorrow so even though I know that I won't get a BFP I still might test!!!!! (mad I know!)

Hi MrsChezek! and Joey, think positive and keep us all posted :)

Joey - I should test on Thursday morning, one day past when AF is due but I'll be traveling starting tomorrow afternoon so I figured I'd POAS tomorrow morning so that I could be with hubby in case it's a BFP - which is a very freak chance for me as well! But who knows!!!! FX right? :winkwink:

I keep reading about this fertilityfriend site - I think I might have to check it out and give temping another try next cycle. Along with the OPKs! So excited to finally have them - I'm ready to use them!! :thumbup:

Hi guys!

I hope you don't mind me gatecrashing the thread, but I'd like to join!

I came off BC end of November 2011 after 4 years on Microgynon, then a year on Depo injection and another year and a half on yasmin...and, my gosh, I've experienced everything under the sun since coming off BC! I'm definitely rethinking what I'll be doing about BC after this baby making has finally worked for us, because I'd never have used it in the first place if someone would have warned me that it can mess up fertility!

Since coming off, I've been fortunate in that I've had a period every month (They are ranging from 26-28 days) that, as each month goes by, has gotten lighter...at first, I was having excruciating contraction like pains when AF arrived and the last two periods have been a light flow with no pains whatsoever apart from cramping for a few days before it arrived.

I've been unfortunate, though, to get spotting from around a week before my period is due which hasn't been great. I've only had one cycle where I haven't spotted right until AF arrived, and like an idiot I thought that could mean I was pregnant...that was a bit fat BFN!

I think, as far as i know (And Fx'd) I've been ovulating (I got a positive OPK last month on the first month of using it on CD16) but I've started temping this month for the first time to get a better idea on what's going on with my body. My CM also for the first time started acting a bit more normal last month, like fertile CM around the time of ovulation which is a good sign..me and my DH have really stepped it up aswell and decided to try pregnacare conception vitamins for us both and pre-seed to try and give my body the help that it seems to need, so fingers crossed eh?

After 6 months of TTC, I'm hoping that my body is sorting itself out...I do, however, feel extremely lucky that I'm young and that all the signs are there that one day it'll finally work for us! CD2 at the minute and staying positive!x

Have been to my Zumba class tonight and the instructor bought in her 3 week old baby for us to meet - she is beautiful!!!! Just made me think that I want this NOW!!!!!!!! And don't want to wait any longer! Sorry for the rant!!! :winkwink:

Hope its ok I jump on here too! I came off BC in June 2011 and I've had crazy cycles as well, and the backne is terrible. I'm using proactiv and it seems to be helping but not 100% though it did get rid of most of the acne on my face. How does everyone get through the wait not knowing how long your cycle will be?

Hi guys!

I hope you don't mind me gatecrashing the thread, but I'd like to join!

I came off BC end of November 2011 after 4 years on Microgynon, then a year on Depo injection and another year and a half on yasmin...and, my gosh, I've experienced everything under the sun since coming off BC! I'm definitely rethinking what I'll be doing about BC after this baby making has finally worked for us, because I'd never have used it in the first place if someone would have warned me that it can mess up fertility!

Since coming off, I've been fortunate in that I've had a period every month (They are ranging from 26-28 days) that, as each month goes by, has gotten lighter...at first, I was having excruciating contraction like pains when AF arrived and the last two periods have been a light flow with no pains whatsoever apart from cramping for a few days before it arrived.

I've been unfortunate, though, to get spotting from around a week before my period is due which hasn't been great. I've only had one cycle where I haven't spotted right until AF arrived, and like an idiot I thought that could mean I was pregnant...that was a bit fat BFN!

I think, as far as i know (And Fx'd) I've been ovulating (I got a positive OPK last month on the first month of using it on CD16) but I've started temping this month for the first time to get a better idea on what's going on with my body. My CM also for the first time started acting a bit more normal last month, like fertile CM around the time of ovulation which is a good sign..me and my DH have really stepped it up aswell and decided to try pregnacare conception vitamins for us both and pre-seed to try and give my body the help that it seems to need, so fingers crossed eh?

After 6 months of TTC, I'm hoping that my body is sorting itself out...I do, however, feel extremely lucky that I'm young and that all the signs are there that one day it'll finally work for us! CD2 at the minute and staying positive!x

Welcome lpjkp! The more, the merrier...and the smarter we get :winkwink: We know more as a collective! I totally agree with you in regards to being put on BC so blindly! So terrible of our doctors not to be more informative!!!! And even when I first talked to my doc about contemplating TTC soon and whether I should start coming off of it or anything, he said that I can start right away after coming off of it and there's no need to stop until we're ready. SO FRUSTRATING!!! Wish I could slap him :growlmad:

I plan to start OPKs next cycle (FX that won't be necessary and I'll be staring at a :bfp: in the next week instead!!). We also started Preseed this past cycle - isn't it awesome?? A little goes a LOOOONG way :winkwink:

Good luck to you and baby dust!!!

Have been to my Zumba class tonight and the instructor bought in her 3 week old baby for us to meet - she is beautiful!!!! Just made me think that I want this NOW!!!!!!!! And don't want to wait any longer! Sorry for the rant!!! :winkwink:

Doesn't that just drive you mad?? I find myself fighting this urge to take the baby and run! lol I *SO* cannot wait either!!!

Lots of baby dust to us all!!!! I hope to see some :bfp: posts soon!!!!

Hope its ok I jump on here too! I came off BC in June 2011 and I've had crazy cycles as well, and the backne is terrible. I'm using proactiv and it seems to be helping but not 100% though it did get rid of most of the acne on my face. How does everyone get through the wait not knowing how long your cycle will be?

Welcome countrygirl! I am glad you found proactiv and it is helping. Acne sucks!! As far as getting through the wait...I dunno. It's super hard. When the TWW becomes 2.5 weeks, 3 or even longer, it's maddening :wacko: I try to focus on other things, like spending time hanging out with friends or going to the movies - things that I won't be able to do as much once I have a little one. I also treat myself to a big sushi dinner the day AF arrives as it's one of my favorite foods that I have to give up otherwise. That way (in a very small way) it's a celebration and not just a big, sad day.

Anyone else? We could all use some tips! :hugs:

I have a big glass of wine when AF arrives!!!! It is due on Wednesday and we are going out with friends Friday evening - so will be def having a few drinks if the :witch: turns up!!
I hate waiting but like you all, try to keep busy!!

Side note to any of you contemplating fertilityfriend.com: I just decided to join and found a discount on their facebook page. If you 'like' them and then go to their promos tab, you can get a year's membership for $24.95 (normally $120).
https://www.facebook.com/FertilityFriend/

Enjoy :)

Hi preg pilot! Welcome to our little group :)

I started BC for the same reason as you...I'd be bent over double in pain :( So once on it, I didn't want to come off until I knew we were ready to start trying. I wish someone told me how much it messes with your cycles and how we need time to normalize!!!

I'm also experiencing the same acne symptoms as you! And it sucks cause I just feel so helpless. I'm contemplating going to get a backcial done by an esthetician to see if they can help...I don't really have any products other than salicylic acid that I use with a bit of tea tree oil.

daisy - I looked up tersaseptic and it contains triclosan which might not be pregnancy friendly. Here is an article about it:

Supposedly it interferes with the body's hormones which play a big role in getting pregnant. Something to consider!

joey - FX for your +OPK!!!

Oh my goodness. Thank you so much. I know it probably seems stupid but I never even thought about it being harmful or having negative effects when trying to get pregnant. I am going to stop using it immediately. I feel terrible that I suggested it to others! Thank you soooo much for the info!

Hi preg pilot! Welcome to our little group :)

I started BC for the same reason as you...I'd be bent over double in pain :( So once on it, I didn't want to come off until I knew we were ready to start trying. I wish someone told me how much it messes with your cycles and how we need time to normalize!!!

I'm also experiencing the same acne symptoms as you! And it sucks cause I just feel so helpless. I'm contemplating going to get a backcial done by an esthetician to see if they can help...I don't really have any products other than salicylic acid that I use with a bit of tea tree oil.

daisy - I looked up tersaseptic and it contains triclosan which might not be pregnancy friendly. Here is an article about it:

Supposedly it interferes with the body's hormones which play a big role in getting pregnant. Something to consider!

joey - FX for your +OPK!!!

Oh my goodness. Thank you so much. I know it probably seems stupid but I never even thought about it being harmful or having negative effects when trying to get pregnant. I am going to stop using it immediately. I feel terrible that I suggested it to others! Thank you soooo much for the info!

No worries! There are SO many things out there that are harmful, it's hard to keep track and catch all of them. That's why we all come here to learn from each other :hugs: I'm just glad the info got to you and you can stop it before it causes any issues. GL and hope all is going well for you!

AF is due tomorrow so even though I know that I won't get a BFP I still might test!!!!! (mad I know!)

So when are you going to test??? FX for you!!!! And lots and lots of baby dust!!!!
:dust: :baby: :dust:

I think I'm going to POAS with FMU in the AM. Hope I can still get some sleep! :winkwink:

Hi ladies! Good to see others having the same worries (and obsessions!) as me! I have been off the bcp since january 2012. My first cycle was the nomal 28 days, then last month I got a bfp which didn't show up until quite late...it turned out to be a chemical and af came 3/24. I am now on cd 32 but really have no idea when to expect af. Igot a bfn a few hours ago.

Good luck to you MrsC! I also got the spotting mid cycle last month, this could be a good sign for you.

So when are you going to test??? FX for you!!!! And lots and lots of baby dust!!!!
:dust: :baby: :dust:

I think I'm going to POAS with FMU in the AM. Hope I can still get some sleep! :winkwink:

So I tested this morning and got a bfn!! Am not really surprised as I don't know when I ov (never got a +ve OPK and did bd enough!!!). Next cycle will be different! Just need AF and then I can start again!

Good luck MrsChezek and :dust:
Let us know how you get on!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"