Buddies Wanted: irregular cycles after coming off BCP

So when are you going to test??? FX for you!!!! And lots and lots of baby dust!!!!
:dust: :baby: :dust:

I think I'm going to POAS with FMU in the AM. Hope I can still get some sleep! :winkwink:

So I tested this morning and got a bfn!! Am not really surprised as I don't know when I ov (never got a +ve OPK and did bd enough!!!). Next cycle will be different! Just need AF and then I can start again!

Good luck MrsChezek and :dust:
Let us know how you get on!!!!

Aww Joey... don't worry.. I hate that feeling when you want AF to stay away for the BFP but you also want AF to hurry up so you can start trying again. If the :witch: is going to come she should just show her face!

I think this cycle is a bust for me also, my chart is a MESS.. I would post it but it is so embarassing, temps all over the place (and I take them at the same time very morning, give or take 10 min).. FF says I may have O'd on CD8 and its now CD23 and my temps are going way down. I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

Have been to my Zumba class tonight and the instructor bought in her 3 week old baby for us to meet - she is beautiful!!!! Just made me think that I want this NOW!!!!!!!! And don't want to wait any longer! Sorry for the rant!!! :winkwink:

Doesn't that just drive you mad?? I find myself fighting this urge to take the baby and run! lol I *SO* cannot wait either!!!

Lots of baby dust to us all!!!! I hope to see some :bfp: posts soon!!!!
:dust:

Haha you girls are so funny. My husband's cousins just had a baby and he is the sweetest little thing... I find myself not only wanting the baby, but the whole experience... being pregnant, giving birth (even with the horror of how painful it is - I dont care I want it that badly!!)

Hope its ok I jump on here too! I came off BC in June 2011 and I've had crazy cycles as well, and the backne is terrible. I'm using proactiv and it seems to be helping but not 100% though it did get rid of most of the acne on my face. How does everyone get through the wait not knowing how long your cycle will be?

Hi Countrygirl! Welcome :hugs:

I was at the mall the other day and walked by the proactiv booth and I was wondering if it would work. Anything to help ease this acne will be heavensent at this point! I've never used it before. Is it really expensive?

I started charting this cycle to see if it would help me know how long to expect my cycle. So far its making me even more confused since my temps are all over the place.
I see that you temp. Do you have any advice? I try to take it same time, try to get enough sleep etc. but it keeps jumping up and down like a rollercoaster. It makes me dizzy to look at my own chart :wacko:

Side note to any of you contemplating fertilityfriend.com: I just decided to join and found a discount on their facebook page. If you 'like' them and then go to their promos tab, you can get a year's membership for $24.95 (normally $120).
https://www.facebook.com/FertilityFriend/

Enjoy :)

Oh that discount is great! Thanks MrsChezek, I was so nervous since my FF VIP trial was ending soon, and I think I really like all the analyzers. Thats definitely a great deal :thumbup:

Okay. I´ve been testing for OPK´s for 6 days now...
Most days I´ve had to use 2-3 sticks, because of invalid results.
I haven´t gotten a + yet, but I feel so different today, that I´m almost completely convinced that I must have O´ed today or yesterday.

I feel warm, and have done so for the last 5 days, and have been extremely hormonal since yesterday.
I had severe cramps on CD6, and have slight cramping today again.
This morning when I was waking up (dozing a bit), I felt warm surges going through my body 3 times before I got up.
I feel like something is happening down there.

Today is my scheduled O-day, though no +OPK yet.

Has anybody else felt this way?

Hi ladies! Good to see others having the same worries (and obsessions!) as me! I have been off the bcp since january 2012. My first cycle was the nomal 28 days, then last month I got a bfp which didn't show up until quite late...it turned out to be a chemical and af came 3/24. I am now on cd 32 but really have no idea when to expect af. Igot a bfn a few hours ago.

Good luck to you MrsC! I also got the spotting mid cycle last month, this could be a good sign for you.

Thanks Jezzabel and WELCOME!!! :flower:
I totally hear you on not having any idea on when to expect AF and how frustrating that is. I'm in the same boat! ::boat:

GL and baby dust to you!

So when are you going to test??? FX for you!!!! And lots and lots of baby dust!!!!

I think I'm going to POAS with FMU in the AM. Hope I can still get some sleep! :winkwink:

So I tested this morning and got a bfn!! Am not really surprised as I don't know when I ov (never got a +ve OPK and did bd enough!!!). Next cycle will be different! Just need AF and then I can start again!

Good luck MrsChezek and :dust:
Let us know how you get on!!!!

I hate to break it to you but you're not out until the :witch: shows her ugly face!!! So don't give up just yet :winkwink:

I got a :bfn: this morning too! I didn't expect much else but it still was a bit disheartening. I guess I still haven't seen AF nor am I experiencing any PMS so that's good. Gotta stay positive, right??

FX to us!!!!!

Welcome countrygirl! I am glad you found proactiv and it is helping. Acne sucks!! As far as getting through the wait...I dunno. It's super hard. When the TWW becomes 2.5 weeks, 3 or even longer, it's maddening :wacko: I try to focus on other things, like spending time hanging out with friends or going to the movies - things that I won't be able to do as much once I have a little one. I also treat myself to a big sushi dinner the day AF arrives as it's one of my favorite foods that I have to give up otherwise. That way (in a very small way) it's a celebration and not just a big, sad day.

Anyone else? We could all use some tips! :hugs:

I like that idea, making AF a bit of a celebration (as much as we can anyway!) might take the sting out of it!

Hi Countrygirl! Welcome :hugs:

I was at the mall the other day and walked by the proactiv booth and I was wondering if it would work. Anything to help ease this acne will be heavensent at this point! I've never used it before. Is it really expensive?

I started charting this cycle to see if it would help me know how long to expect my cycle. So far its making me even more confused since my temps are all over the place.
I see that you temp. Do you have any advice? I try to take it same time, try to get enough sleep etc. but it keeps jumping up and down like a rollercoaster. It makes me dizzy to look at my own chart :wacko:

The proactiv was about $80 for 3 months where I live but it actually lasted me 5 months. I think it's well worth it!

I found it even more confusing the first cycle I charted too. I highly recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility, it really helped me understand what was going on! Definitely keep up with it though, in the long run it will give you answers!

I hate that feeling when you want AF to stay away for the BFP but you also want AF to hurry up so you can start trying again. If the :witch: is going to come she should just show her face!

I think this cycle is a bust for me also, my chart is a MESS.. I would post it but it is so embarassing, temps all over the place (and I take them at the same time very morning, give or take 10 min).. FF says I may have O'd on CD8 and its now CD23 and my temps are going way down. I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

If you O'd on CD8 and it's CD23 then you'd be past the TWW and can test :winkwink: Just a thought! When is AF predicted to come?

I'm SO in that "AF stay away but if you're going to show, COME NOW" mode...just want a clear start again. I hate waiting...and not knowing where my body is at in the cycle...

Have been to my Zumba class tonight and the instructor bought in her 3 week old baby for us to meet - she is beautiful!!!! Just made me think that I want this NOW!!!!!!!! And don't want to wait any longer! Sorry for the rant!!! :winkwink:

Doesn't that just drive you mad?? I find myself fighting this urge to take the baby and run! lol I *SO* cannot wait either!!!

Lots of baby dust to us all!!!! I hope to see some :bfp: posts soon!!!!

Haha you girls are so funny. My husband's cousins just had a baby and he is the sweetest little thing... I find myself not only wanting the baby, but the whole experience... being pregnant, giving birth (even with the horror of how painful it is - I dont care I want it that badly!!)

Me too! None of it sounds bad to me and when I hear parents complain about parenting or say "just wait until you have one, you won't be so excited" it makes me want to slap them!!! They're SO lucky to get to be there already. I can't wait to go through it all too :baby:

I hate that feeling when you want AF to stay away for the BFP but you also want AF to hurry up so you can start trying again. If the :witch: is going to come she should just show her face!

If you O'd on CD8 and it's CD23 then you'd be past the TWW and can test :winkwink: Just a thought! When is AF predicted to come?

I'm SO in that "AF stay away but if you're going to show, COME NOW" mode...just want a clear start again. I hate waiting...and not knowing where my body is at in the cycle...

I took a cheapie test yesterday BFN just in case I did O but I didn't expect anything since my temp dropped wayy down. Im so confused, I dont even know when AF is supposed to show, if I O'd on CD 8 it says today (not likely and no sign of it yet) if not maybe May 7th?

I HATE that feeling, FX for you that she doesnt show and you get your BFP! :dust:

Hey girls,
I am CD7 right now. I have a question for everyone. How do you tell the difference between normal CM and seminal fluid? We have started to BD every other day this cycle since AF left. The first time I was totally dry the day after. Today I have been having clear stretchy (like EWCM) but I am only on CD7 and don't think I could be ovulating. I was going to start my OPK on day 10 so I haven't started yet, don't want to miss it but don't want to waste them. I keep thinking that my cycles so far have been too long to be ovulating now... Then again my cycles have been crazy. So confused... Any input would be appreciated.

Hey girls,
I am CD7 right now. I have a question for everyone. How do you tell the difference between normal CM and seminal fluid? We have started to BD every other day this cycle since AF left. The first time I was totally dry the day after. Today I have been having clear stretchy (like EWCM) but I am only on CD7 and don't think I could be ovulating. I was going to start my OPK on day 10 so I haven't started yet, don't want to miss it but don't want to waste them. I keep thinking that my cycles so far have been too long to be ovulating now... Then again my cycles have been crazy. So confused... Any input would be appreciated.

Hi daisy! If your cycles are irregular, than anything is possible! So far since coming off BCP my cycles have been 27, 31, 29 and then 19 days! Seminal fluid dries up quickly on your fingers where as CM doesn't. It also smells different if you wanna go that route :winkwink: lol I'd test - its just one stick!!!

Hey girls,

Hi daisy! If your cycles are irregular, than anything is possible! So far since coming off BCP my cycles have been 27, 31, 29 and then 19 days! Seminal fluid dries up quickly on your fingers where as CM doesn't. It also smells different if you wanna go that route :winkwink: lol I'd test - its just one stick!!!

Thanks MrsChezek,

I did end up testing and it was negative. We still made sure to BD just in case :) I researched a bit online and it said if it was CM and you put it in water it will most likely ball up sink. If it was seminal fluid it would dissolve. Well mine went in a ball and sank (sorry tmi), but I don't think I am ovulating. No other symptoms. I am going to keep testing daily, doing temps and of course lots of BD and see where the month takes us! How are things going with you today?

Hey girls,

Thanks MrsChezek,

I did end up testing and it was negative. We still made sure to BD just in case :) I researched a bit online and it said if it was CM and you put it in water it will most likely ball up sink. If it was seminal fluid it would dissolve. Well mine went in a ball and sank (sorry tmi), but I don't think I am ovulating. No other symptoms. I am going to keep testing daily, doing temps and of course lots of BD and see where the month takes us! How are things going with you today?

Wow Daisy, I've never heard that before, it sounds like a fun science experiment though!! :haha:

Its never a bad idea to BD just in case. In the past few cycles we started around CD10 and stopped after I thought I O'd with no luck, but this cycle we started BD every other day since CD8 and im not stopping until AF comes (or BFP, but im not counting on that!) since I have NO idea when I O'd.

FX for you! :dust:

Hey girls,

Thanks MrsChezek,

Good strategy! Can't go wrong with lots of BDing :winkwink: I'm alright! Thanks for asking. Still no AF or PMS...waiting!

I'm a little confused :S I had a bit of a weird cycle last month which lasted 26 days. I got a positive OPK on CD16 so when "AF" showed, I was about 10dpo...I had a really light period this month, a mixture of brown discharge and a small amount of bleeding..I used a mooncup for the first time this AF and there was never anything more than a drop of two every time I removed it, which lasted till last night (So my period lasted 3 days)

The reason I'm confused is I mentioned to my DH earlier on that my hormones must be racing around this month because I feel really crampy down there...he's working tonight and I thought on the off chance I'll take an internet cheapie test, and it's come up with the lightest second line...not very visible at all, but I've not had this with any other tests I've taken of the same brand...I'm now very confused what's happening?

I've uploaded a piccie, it's so hard to take a photo of but I can see it if I tilt my laptop screen...how would I know it's more likely to be an evap line?

Attachments

• IMAG0301.jpg
    IMAG0301.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 15
I've uploaded a piccie, it's so hard to take a photo of but I can see it if I tilt my laptop screen...how would I know it's more likely to be an evap line?

Cautious congrats lpjkp!! It could be that there's a bit of hCG in your system but not enough for a stronger line. I'd wait and test again tomorrow with FMU and with a noncheapie test!! That light period could have been implantation bleeding :)

FX for a :bfp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"