Buddies Wanted: irregular cycles after coming off BCP

Hi, the :witch: arrived today - so back to the start again!!!

That witch!!! Well, at least the wait is over and you're off to another start. :hugs: Hope this next cycle is the one for you!!
:dust:

I'm still waiting... :coffee:

That witch!!! Well, at least the wait is over and you're off to another start. :hugs: Hope this next cycle is the one for you!!

Thank you!! I am hopeful for this cycle - I feel like I know now what is going on!!!! Hope this cycle is good to you!! :dust:

I've uploaded a piccie, it's so hard to take a photo of but I can see it if I tilt my laptop screen...how would I know it's more likely to be an evap line?

Cautious congrats lpjkp!! It could be that there's a bit of LH in your system but not enough for a stronger line. I'd wait and test again tomorrow with FMU and with a noncheapie test!! That light period could have been implantation bleeding :)

:dust: :baby: :dust:

FX for a :bfp:

Test again, test again!!!!! Definately could have been implantation bleeding!
Fingers crossed for you :)

Morning everyone,

I tested again with FMUand an internet cheapie this morning and a very very faint line came up in the first couple of minutes...I'm going to go get a clearblue in a bit after I've walked my dogs...would I have to wait till FMU tomorrow to use those tests or would I be safe to hold it in for a few hours and test again?

I don't think I can be pregnant though because I always thought that IB was a few spots of tinged mucus...we also Bd'd last night and it had made me bleed slightly but nothing after...I'm very confused what's going on with my body because surely there wouldn't be any sort of line if there wasn't HCG in my body (And this is the 3rd test with a line, so surely evaps aren't THAT common?) but I'm worried it may just have been a chemical with the bleeding and cramping :( Still, if that's the case, at least I know that my body is finally coming round to the idea of baby making 6 months after coming off the pill right?

I'm in shock...I'm pregnant!

I took the test not expecting anything and then when it came up "pregnant" I was waiting for the "not" to appear after it...I burst into tears, then randomly thought "i need to get in the washing", so went out and got the washing in.

My DH is so over the moon it's unbelievable and I'm so happy, but I don't FEEL pregnant at all...I've just got those words telling me I am! I don't know what to do! I've spent so long planning how to get pregnant and, now it tells me I am, I realise I never gave a thought to what I'd do after it worked for us!x

Attachments

• IMAG0307.jpg
    IMAG0307.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 9
Congratulations lpjkp! That's incredible news! Looks like a new years baby! H&H 9 months to you :) I'm sure all the prego feelings will kick in soon since you aren't very far along, that one word is so nice to see!

I took the test not expecting anything and then when it came up "pregnant" I was waiting for the "not" to appear after it...I burst into tears, then randomly thought "i need to get in the washing", so went out and got the washing in.

My DH is so over the moon it's unbelievable and I'm so happy, but I don't FEEL pregnant at all...I've just got those words telling me I am! I don't know what to do! I've spent so long planning how to get pregnant and, now it tells me I am, I realise I never gave a thought to what I'd do after it worked for us!x

Congrats lpjkp ! That's amazing news !!! :)
H&H 9 months :baby:

Thank you!! I am hopeful for this cycle - I feel like I know now what is going on!!!! Hope this cycle is good to you!! :dust:

Aww Joey, at least she didn't make you wait too long and you can enjoy your weekend with a few yummy drinks!! Here's to a fresh new start :flower: Anything new you are thinking of trying this cycle? I think you mentioned you were going to start charting, FF is great and has a lot of helpful info!

I think I've given up on this cycle - it's definitely looking anovulatory :( but today I bought some cheap OPKs and im going to start testing early so I can catch my surge. I'm worried I'm not ovulating, but I'm trying to be hopeful!

WOOHOO!! I'm super stoked for you! Fantastic news :thumbup:
H&H 9 months and hope those symptoms never come!! Smoooooth ride :happydance:
:hugs:

I think I've given up on this cycle - it's definitely looking anovulatory :( but today I bought some cheap OPKs and im going to start testing early so I can catch my surge. I'm worried I'm not ovulating, but I'm trying to be hopeful!

me too! Same exact thoughts. Still no AF or PMS symptoms. After being on BCP for 14 years, I guess I can't expect my body to just normalize itself so quickly!! :wacko: hopefully the OPKs will shed some light for us!! :hugs:

Ya!!! Congrats!!! So excited for you!!!

me too! Same exact thoughts. Still no AF or PMS symptoms. After being on BCP for 14 years, I guess I can't expect my body to just normalize itself so quickly!! :wacko: hopefully the OPKs will shed some light for us!! :hugs:

Do you usually use OPKs? I usually use the digital ones (really $$$) with the :) and only caught my surge once in Feb on CD16. So of course I assumed all cycles would be around that day. Of course not! I'm going to try the cheap ones but I heard they're confusing and its hard to tell when its positive. Have you used them before?

long story short im 23 been on dianette without a break since 16 came off in oct joping to concieve straight away but turned out harder than expectect currently had a 56,60 day cycles no idea when and if im ovulating with it been so long...currently on cd11 and temping and checking cm and position and doing opks in a hope i catch an egg...ob and gunna Bd everyother day AT LEAST till next af is due prob mid JUNE!!**just incase i ovulate warly late or in the middle....hummm wish this was easier just want normal length cycles so can ovulate and either get af or be preg and crack on with the next month mot have a 2 month waiting game..... x

Congrats!!! Excellent news!!!! xx

Aww Joey, at least she didn't make you wait too long and you can enjoy your weekend with a few yummy drinks!! Here's to a fresh new start :flower: Anything new you are thinking of trying this cycle? I think you mentioned you were going to start charting, FF is great and has a lot of helpful info!

Hi, yes - now have a thermometer and will start charting. Thanks for the advice - have looked at FF and looks helpful. Have also bought loads of OPKs (both cheapies and digital) - am determined not to miss it this cycle!!! I am also worried i am not ov after been on bcp for so long. May also try SMEP too!!!

Do you usually use OPKs? I usually use the digital ones (really $$$) with the :) and only caught my surge once in Feb on CD16. So of course I assumed all cycles would be around that day. Of course not! I'm going to try the cheap ones but I heard they're confusing and its hard to tell when its positive. Have you used them before?

:nope: I haven't used any yet but got some on Amazon so I'm planning to next cycle...that's assuming AF ever shows!! (FX it doesn't right?) I got the dig clear blue ones as well! I've read about others here using the cheapies and having success.

Hi, yes - now have a thermometer and will start charting. Thanks for the advice - have looked at FF and looks helpful. Have also bought loads of OPKs (both cheapies and digital) - am determined not to miss it this cycle!!! I am also worried i am not ov after been on bcp for so long. May also try SMEP too!!!

Sounds great! Ooo SMEP, I checked it out on the other forum and it looks really interesting. I think I might go for it next cycle as well :)

Side note to any of you contemplating fertilityfriend.com: I just decided to join and found a discount on their facebook page. If you 'like' them and then go to their promos tab, you can get a year's membership for $24.95 (normally $120).
https://www.facebook.com/FertilityFriend/

Enjoy :)

Wow thank you so much for this, I only bought a month VIP at first to see if i like it and was worried as my cycles seem to be roughly 36 days and so it wouldn't be long enough. This discount has helped so much!

My BC use is confusing but here goes: I started on my first BCP when i was 17 which was fine for a few years, I then started to get spotting a lot mid-cycle so I was changed to a different one which then worked for another few years Then the problem started again so the docs tried various pills over the following year or two before finding the mini-pill worked to stop it so i had the implant put in which had the same hormones and would mean i could stop taking pills all the time. I was warned it could take up to a year for my body to settle on it but about 18months-2 years later i was still really irregular so i had it taken out again. I was then advised to go without BC for 3 months to give my body a chance to 'reset' as it were which seemed to work as i only had a period every 36-40 days or so, so i was put back on my original BCP which i took 2 months of before we decided to start ttc.

Phew, ok well done if you made it through all that and understood it lol. I so wish I hadn't gone back on the pill for those 2 months but we weren't sure if we were ready for kids or not then and are sure now. Hindsight is a wonderful thing! I am now on my 2nd cycle of ttc and am now temping using FF, using opks, taking prenatal vitamins and using Conceive Plus (similar to preseed) so i think we have all bases covered hopefully.

I just read an article and learned that if you get a period after your first bleed from coming off BCP, it means you're ovulating. That the only way you'd bleed is if your body releases an egg which triggers progesterone to be secreted which results in a bleed. Anyone hear of this?

I'm worried I'm not O cause I've been on BCP for so long but I have had 3 periods since coming off so this would be great news if the above is true!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"