Buddies Wanted: irregular cycles after coming off BCP

YAY 100th post!!!
Thank you all for participating in this thread. You've all helped me out immensely and for that I am grateful :hug:

Lots and lots of sticky baby dust to each of you!
:dust:

I used a cheap OPK got a pack of 6 for £5! I used them all around 30/3 and all appeared to be + but I am thinking now they weren't!
And thank you for the how your bod works lecture haha i am very grateful as you explained it in a way that's easy to understand!!!! :) so yes I am on CD47 which I find depressing :cry: I had had NO signs of anything happening that I am aware of besides tiredness and a by sicky but that could be anything, I am obviously not pregnant although me and my OH do the deed if you will a few times a week and I last took a HPT on 28/4 and it was neg...now do I keep HPT testing every few days or wait?? I really don't know

I will start temping tomorrow morning now I know I can! Thank you

Amy

I used a cheap OPK got a pack of 6 for £5! I used them all around 30/3 and all appeared to be + but I am thinking now they weren't!
And thank you for the how your bod works lecture haha i am very grateful as you explained it in a way that's easy to understand!!!! :) so yes I am on CD47 which I find depressing :cry: I had had NO signs of anything happening that I am aware of besides tiredness and a by sicky but that could be anything, I am obviously not pregnant although me and my OH do the deed if you will a few times a week and I last took a HPT on 28/4 and it was neg...now do I keep HPT testing every few days or wait?? I really don't know

I will start temping tomorrow morning now I know I can! Thank you

Amy

If you have the funds, are dying to know and can't wait or simply love to POAS (pee on a stick) - go for it! :test: But I personally don't like the process and tend to wait until the last day of my longest cycle (52 in your case) and if AF doesn't show up then, I assume I'm late and do a test the next day with FMU (first morning urine). Then, again 2 or 3 days later if she still doesn't show. I don't like to waste HPTs or pee on them :blush: But in the end, it's up to you. Do whatever will keep you sane and as happy as possible considering the circumstances :hugs:

Don't worry. Your time will come and the cycles will normalize. It's that damn BCP messing with our systems but our bodies are strong and they get back on track with a little bit of time :thumbup: Besides, you could totally be preg right now! It's not over until the :witch: shows!!!! All tests can be wrong so FX :flower:

Keep us posted!!!!

I will... I think I will find myself hooked talking with you & everyone else :-D I feel so much better now knowing what might be going on and knowing I am not alone! I've got everything crossed that either AF arrives soon or a +HPT!! I just wish I was more aware of the after affects of BCP!

Amy x

I <3 NY too! I'll be there on Sat running the Revlon 5K race - it starts in Times Sqr and goes to Central Park :)

As far as BBT and travel, here's some info on FF:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/BBT-and-Travel.html

Have a safe trip!!
Thanks for the reply - I will check out the link! Good luck in the race - I will look out for you!!!!! :winkwink:

Hi everyone I hope its ok for me to join you all on here too.

I came of BC (dianette) in Feb 2012 after being on it for 10 years and i have no idea what my body is doing as i have not had any sort of cycle. I have been using OPK and got a positive on 9/4/12 but then on the 14/4/12 started to bleed which lasted 2 and a half days. Usually AF lasts 5 days. Was this AF? I thought it would have been too soon after O to be AF.

After coming off BC ive had preg symptoms every month but when tested each month i got BFN.

I'm now using OPK everyday as I just dont seem to have any basis for testing mid cycle with not knowing if i've even had any sort of cycle yet. My OPK are the internet cheapies but the positive i got was quite clear but now im questioning whether it was a faulty result or not.

I've just ordered some digital clearblue ones though to try also and seen somewhere about taking Evening Primrose Oil and Vitamin B and Grapefruit juice so doing all 3 at the min

Hi and welcome :hi:

I'm in the US so it took me a few minutes to decipher your calendar dates :winkwink: I was wondering how you could be talking about Sept 4th already :rofl: So when you said you haven't had any sort of cycle, do you mean you have not had a bleed since stopping BCP until this 4/14 bleed? After stopping BCP, you have to have a withdrawal bleed first. This does not count as a period because you would not have O'd while on the pill. Then, the next cycle will be your natural body's cycle during which you might O. Where are you in this scheme?

As far as regulating your cycles, I read on these boards that a B vitamin supplement helps. I'm not sure which B vits in specific but I'm sure you can google it!

Ooops sorry for confusing you with the dates :winkwink: yes I did have a withdrawal bleed on the 19th Feb but then nothing until the 2 day bleed on 14th April so don't really know where I am. :nope:

I'm still doin the Opk but nothin showin as yet :nope:

Congrats on the 100th post :happydance:

I will... I think I will find myself hooked talking with you & everyone else :-D I feel so much better now knowing what might be going on and knowing I am not alone! I've got everything crossed that either AF arrives soon or a +HPT!! I just wish I was more aware of the after affects of BCP!

Amy x

You and the rest of us! I'm so mad my doc didn't tell me it could take up to a year for my body to normalize. :growlmad:

I'm glad you feel better! GL and FX!

Hi everyone I hope its ok for me to join you all on here too.

I came of BC (dianette) in Feb 2012 after being on it for 10 years and i have no idea what my body is doing as i have not had any sort of cycle. I have been using OPK and got a positive on 9/4/12 but then on the 14/4/12 started to bleed which lasted 2 and a half days. Usually AF lasts 5 days. Was this AF? I thought it would have been too soon after O to be AF.

After coming off BC ive had preg symptoms every month but when tested each month i got BFN.

I'm now using OPK everyday as I just dont seem to have any basis for testing mid cycle with not knowing if i've even had any sort of cycle yet. My OPK are the internet cheapies but the positive i got was quite clear but now im questioning whether it was a faulty result or not.

I've just ordered some digital clearblue ones though to try also and seen somewhere about taking Evening Primrose Oil and Vitamin B and Grapefruit juice so doing all 3 at the min

Hi and welcome :hi:

I'm in the US so it took me a few minutes to decipher your calendar dates :winkwink: I was wondering how you could be talking about Sept 4th already :rofl: So when you said you haven't had any sort of cycle, do you mean you have not had a bleed since stopping BCP until this 4/14 bleed? After stopping BCP, you have to have a withdrawal bleed first. This does not count as a period because you would not have O'd while on the pill. Then, the next cycle will be your natural body's cycle during which you might O. Where are you in this scheme?

As far as regulating your cycles, I read on these boards that a B vitamin supplement helps. I'm not sure which B vits in specific but I'm sure you can google it!

Ooops sorry for confusing you with the dates :winkwink: yes I did have a withdrawal bleed on the 19th Feb but then nothing until the 2 day bleed on 14th April so don't really know where I am. :nope:

Congrats on the 100th post :happydance:

OK so you came off BCP in Feb, had a withdrawal bleed on 2/19 - your CD1 of your first cycle. Since you got your next bleed on 4/14 that means that first cycle ended on 4/13 and lasted 55 days (if I did my math correctly). Was it just spotting or a normal flow? There is spotting associated with implantation so if you did O on 4/9, 4/14 could have been implantation if it was just a very light spotting of brownish pink stuff. But if it was red and actual bleeding, then it was probably AF :(

It takes a couple months for us to normalize after coming off BCP so that is what your body is doing. Trying to figure out how to regulate itself without the pill's hormones telling it what to do! Some people don't get a withdrawal bleed for months or their first cycle lasts months and months so the fact that you're past all that already is progress!!! Though it may not feel like it, I know! :hugs:

If you want to TTC full force right now while your body is still irregular, I would suggest tracking your CM - that is your best bet. Once it goes from creamy to watery, you can start the OPKS but the minute it's egg white cm, go crazy :sex: as that is when you're most fertile and going to O soon!!!!

HTH!!! GL and FX for you!

long story short im 23 been on dianette without a break since 16 came off in oct joping to concieve straight away but turned out harder than expectect currently had a 56,60 day cycles no idea when and if im ovulating with it been so long...currently on cd11 and temping and checking cm and position and doing opks in a hope i catch an egg...ob and gunna Bd everyother day AT LEAST till next af is due prob mid JUNE!!**just incase i ovulate warly late or in the middle....hummm wish this was easier just want normal length cycles so can ovulate and either get af or be preg and crack on with the next month mot have a 2 month waiting game..... x

one_dips - just realized we didn't welcome you!!!! Sorry, we were all over excited for lpjkp and her pregnancy announcement and your post got lost!!! How are you doing? Have you gotten a +OPK yet? GL and FX for you!!!

Daisy - so have you started SMEP yet? I'm doing it this cycle. On CD4 now so wait until CD8 to start. Excited!!! :happydance:

Joey - how is your first cycle of temping going? I'm struggling with taking my temp at the same time every morning. I keep waking up at like 4am or 5:30am at random and then being restless or having to have to pee so I'm forced to take my temps then. Unfortunately, I don't always wake up at those times so I'm taking my temps at all sorts of odd times. Not to mention, sometimes I don't even get 4 hours of sleep in a row when I have to take my temp!!! I guess I'll see if I get any pattern this cycle...are you all packed for NY???

AnnaSaRa - how are you doing? You posted on Monday that AF was due soon. Hope she's here and you're out enjoying some vino or better yet, we see a :bfp: post from you soon!!!! :thumbup:

How is everyone's acne? Subsiding at all??? Mine isn't :( Just broke out terribly over the last few days while AF was here. I feel so gross! My body acne seems a teeny tiny bit better...so maybe there is hope :thumbup:

Where is everyone? ladyesq? CountryS? Countrygirl? Preg_pilot? Jezzabel? Stefanie? How is everyone doing this week?? Any testers?? I think we're due for another :bfp: soon!!! I wonder how lpjkp is doing :hugs: So excited for her!!! Can't wait until it's my turn :)

Sticky dust to all!!!

I'm hanging in here! I'm also ticked my doc didn't tell me it could take so long for bc to get out! Last time I was there for a regular pap we'd been trying for 6 months but I hadn't even had my first real period after coming off for 100+ days so we'd only had 3 months of trying and I was all over the place then too and my doc said "make sure you're temping" and looked at me like I wasn't trying hard enough!

I'm starting to feel frustrated and impatient this week! DH has a dr appt booked in June and wants to wait till then to talk to a dr about our struggles but I'm starting to feel like why wait? I'm on CD23 and still haven't O'd and no sign of it coming. My last cycle was 40 days so I'm anticipating at least that again. Ugh! How are you MrsChezek?

Hey, not a lot to report from me i'm afraid. I'm still waiting to ovulate and am doing OPKs every day as I have only had one cycle off the BCP and i got a +OPK on CD24 last month but obviously cannot guarantee it will be the same this cycle. I went to get my hair cut and coloured today to treat myself and take my mind off the wait which was lovely. How is everyone else?

Hi everyone!

Not much to report over here either. Still waiting for AF, but Im getting some cramping today so FX she's on her way (which im happy about so I can finally move on with this cycle). Let's hope its a normal one and she doesn't make me wait again.
Im pretty bummed I didnt O this cycle, now Im wondering if I ever O'd at all in the past 8 months coming off BCP, I guess I'll have to continue to temp and use OPKs and wait and see. So frustrating :(

This weekend some of DHs family came from overseas and of course it was non-stop questions "when are you going to have a baby??" I wanted to just tell them "well ask my body!" arggg... i tried to smile and brush it off but seeing all DHs cousins with little ones made me :cry:

I see there are many of us now on here which makes me realize we arent alone! :friends:
FX to all of you in the TWW that AF takes a hike and you are blessed with your BFPs! Everyone else, good luck temping, OPKs, BD'ing etc. You girls are all amazing and let's keep each other sane on this rollercoaster ride!
:hugs:

Congrats on the 100th post :happydance:[/QUOTE]

OK so you came off BCP in Feb, had a withdrawal bleed on 2/19 - your CD1 of your first cycle. Since you got your next bleed on 4/14 that means that first cycle ended on 4/13 and lasted 55 days (if I did my math correctly). Was it just spotting or a normal flow? There is spotting associated with implantation so if you did O on 4/9, 4/14 could have been implantation if it was just a very light spotting of brownish pink stuff. But if it was red and actual bleeding, then it was probably AF :(

It takes a couple months for us to normalize after coming off BCP so that is what your body is doing. Trying to figure out how to regulate itself without the pill's hormones telling it what to do! Some people don't get a withdrawal bleed for months or their first cycle lasts months and months so the fact that you're past all that already is progress!!! Though it may not feel like it, I know! :hugs:

If you want to TTC full force right now while your body is still irregular, I would suggest tracking your CM - that is your best bet. Once it goes from creamy to watery, you can start the OPKS but the minute it's egg white cm, go crazy :sex: as that is when you're most fertile and going to O soon!!!!

HTH!!! GL and FX for you!
:dust:[/QUOTE]

I did get CM similar to EWCM but thicker (like jelly) on 4/7 but just that one day. I didnt realise u could get AF so close to O but I suppose there is no normal is there :wacko:

I hope you're right though and I have had a cycle that gives me some hope. The bleed on 4/14 was red not brownish or pink so u may b right.

I seriously hope that our bodies sort themselves out so we all get :bfp:soon I also wish I'd known BCP would cause so many problems :cry:

I got tired of staring at the flashing :bfn:s in my sig so I switched things up a bit. Whatever helps, right?? :winkwink: I'm doing alright. Thanks for asking countrygirl! Hubby and I decided to try on our own until Sept and if nothing would happen, to go see a doc. That was back in February and it's only May and I feel like it's been an ETERNITY so I don't think we'll make it to Sept if we keep coming up empty. Will your doc see you this early on? Mine told me to come back in 6-8 mos when I saw him in March and that's only because I'm already 34 :(

Oooooh I could use a nice haircut! That's a good idea Stefanie...it will be my treat if this cycle doesn't go my way :)

I totally feel your frustration Anna! I'm worried I'm not Oing and having ppl pressure you isn't helping. I just want to hit them or something :growlmad: Hopefully AF will show up soon so you can have a fresh start :hugs:

Dancer - egg white CM is very diff from all other in that when you hold it between your finger and thumb and pull them apart, it stretches - even up to a couple inches! Sticky CM, which can be clear won't stretch. It will break apart when you pull your fingers apart. I'd assume your cycle started on 4/14 and go from there...GL!!

I had goldfish for lunch today...it's one of THOSE days. I'm tired and a bit grumpy. I know it's cause I haven't been sleeping well and it's been a busy week so far. I'm hoping to catch up on zzz's :sleep: tonight so I'm a happier camper for the weekend! AF showed up full force on Sunday and then stopped yesterday morning - but decided to restart at lunch today. I swear my body doesn't know which way is up at this point!! :wacko:

Daisy - so have you started SMEP yet? I'm doing it this cycle. On CD4 now so wait until CD8 to start. Excited!!! :happydance:

Joey - how is your first cycle of temping going? I'm struggling with taking my temp at the same time every morning. I keep waking up at like 4am or 5:30am at random and then being restless or having to have to pee so I'm forced to take my temps then. Unfortunately, I don't always wake up at those times so I'm taking my temps at all sorts of odd times. Not to mention, sometimes I don't even get 4 hours of sleep in a row when I have to take my temp!!! I guess I'll see if I get any pattern this cycle...are you all packed for NY???

AnnaSaRa - how are you doing? You posted on Monday that AF was due soon. Hope she's here and you're out enjoying some vino or better yet, we see a :bfp: post from you soon!!!! :thumbup:

How is everyone's acne? Subsiding at all??? Mine isn't :( Just broke out terribly over the last few days while AF was here. I feel so gross! My body acne seems a teeny tiny bit better...so maybe there is hope :thumbup:

Where is everyone? ladyesq? CountryS? Countrygirl? Preg_pilot? Jezzabel? Stefanie? How is everyone doing this week?? Any testers?? I think we're due for another :bfp: soon!!! I wonder how lpjkp is doing :hugs: So excited for her!!! Can't wait until it's my turn :)

Sticky dust to all!!!

We have been doing the SMEP this month and it has been going great. I think we would BD every night but I am too scared it will deplete his sperm count! This is our first real month TTC so I think that is why it is so easy and exciting! I could see it getting old after a few cycles, but I am going to enjoy it right now! So far we have BD CD 4,6,7,9,11,13!!! Today is CD 14. I am anxiously waiting for a positive OPK. Nothing yet though. My last cycle was 36 days though, so if it stays around that, I am not due to O yet. I am concerned as I am using the first response digital "yes" "no" OPKs and I opened them like a month ago. I read on the instructions that they are no good after 30 days. It still works fine but I am scared it might not be accurate... Also wondering if they just saying that so we will spend more $$$$! My cervix has moved higher today and my CM is becoming wetter and some mild EW at times. I am hopeful this means O is on its way! I am soooo constipated though (soory if tmi). Does anyone else get this around O time?

Is there a way to be notified when someone posts on this thread? I always have to go searching for it!

Sorry for the rambling!!!!

Welcome to all the new gals!!!!!

Hey, just going strong in the 2ww here.
Got symptoms from 2DPO.
Never got a +OPK.
I feel everything from nausea, cramps, sore boobs, twinges, pressure down there, and a backache, to lots of CM, headaches and thirstiness.
Lots and lots of signs, none of the certainty to go with it.
Though I do feel pregnant (just feel so different from ever before).
12th is my testing day.
FX.

Hey, just going strong in the 2ww here.
Got symptoms from 2DPO.
Never got a +OPK.
I feel everything from nausea, cramps, sore boobs, twinges, pressure down there, and a backache, to lots of CM, headaches and thirstiness.
Lots and lots of signs, none of the certainty to go with it.
Though I do feel pregnant (just feel so different from ever before).
12th is my testing day.
FX.

That's SO exciting preg_pilot!! FX for you and lots and lots of sticky dust!! 5 days will pass in no time :happydance:

Sticky dust to all!!!

We have been doing the SMEP this month and it has been going great. I think we would BD every night but I am too scared it will deplete his sperm count! This is our first real month TTC so I think that is why it is so easy and exciting! I could see it getting old after a few cycles, but I am going to enjoy it right now! So far we have BD CD 4,6,7,9,11,13!!! Today is CD 14. I am anxiously waiting for a positive OPK. Nothing yet though. My last cycle was 36 days though, so if it stays around that, I am not due to O yet. I am concerned as I am using the first response digital "yes" "no" OPKs and I opened them like a month ago. I read on the instructions that they are no good after 30 days. It still works fine but I am scared it might not be accurate... Also wondering if they just saying that so we will spend more $$$$! My cervix has moved higher today and my CM is becoming wetter and some mild EW at times. I am hopeful this means O is on its way! I am soooo constipated though (soory if tmi). Does anyone else get this around O time?

Is there a way to be notified when someone posts on this thread? I always have to go searching for it!

Sorry for the rambling!!!!

Welcome to all the new gals!!!!!

Yes!! You can subscribe either by changing the notification type in the Additional Options while replying to any post in advanced mode or go to the thread options drop down at the top of this page and subscribe.

I'm shocked the OPKs would expire!! Sounds crazy...but maybe they are affected by air? Were they all sealed in one pack or are they individually sealed? Odd! As far as BDing, every other day is the recommendation as not to deplete sperm count. So you're doing well!! FX to you :hugs:

I so cannot wait until CD8 so I can start doing!!! I hate waiting :coffee:

I got tired of staring at the flashing :bfn:s in my sig so I switched things up a bit. Whatever helps, right?? :winkwink: I'm doing alright. Thanks for asking countrygirl! Hubby and I decided to try on our own until Sept and if nothing would happen, to go see a doc. That was back in February and it's only May and I feel like it's been an ETERNITY so I don't think we'll make it to Sept if we keep coming up empty. Will your doc see you this early on? Mine told me to come back in 6-8 mos when I saw him in March and that's only because I'm already 34 :(

Oooooh I could use a nice haircut! That's a good idea Stefanie...it will be my treat if this cycle doesn't go my way :)

I totally feel your frustration Anna! I'm worried I'm not Oing and having ppl pressure you isn't helping. I just want to hit them or something :growlmad: Hopefully AF will show up soon so you can have a fresh start :hugs:

Dancer - egg white CM is very diff from all other in that when you hold it between your finger and thumb and pull them apart, it stretches - even up to a couple inches! Sticky CM, which can be clear won't stretch. It will break apart when you pull your fingers apart. I'd assume your cycle started on 4/14 and go from there...GL!!

I had goldfish for lunch today...it's one of THOSE days. I'm tired and a bit grumpy. I know it's cause I haven't been sleeping well and it's been a busy week so far. I'm hoping to catch up on zzz's :sleep: tonight so I'm a happier camper for the weekend! AF showed up full force on Sunday and then stopped yesterday morning - but decided to restart at lunch today. I swear my body doesn't know which way is up at this point!! :wacko:

Way to be positive! It's much nicer to look at BFP! We've been trying for a year in June and with DH's past they would have seen him after 6 months of trying but he's wanted to wait. Hope you got caught up on some sleep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->