• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Budget proportions

phew, xemmax I was a bit embarrassed after I read everyone else's, it makes mine seem like a massive over the top expensive posh do when it's not really. I think it's the nature of the venue we've chosen and we thought it might save us a few bob if most of its included in one price. it's certainly made organising things easier.

our venue did have other packages that didn't have the bedrooms included in the price-however I should mention that our guests are still paying £90 per room so it'll slash about £3500 off of that £15,000.

xx

I feel the same, and it also made me really question why I can't seem to find anything for a smaller price and think perhaps I'm being ripped off! Like you say it's definitely easier to have it all included and we don't really have a choice as I am currently in my final year of my degree and next year I'm doing a PGCE which means I'll have absolutely no time to dedicate to wedding planning. Also finding somewhere big enough was really tough!

That's a great way to recoup some costs, I would have done the same and charged guests for rooms if they'd been included in the price I paid! x

Here are some of my costs so far. I must say though that my budget is not very large and we are not having day/night guests we are just having one through wedding.

Venue: £300
Church: Donation (Catholic)
Caterer: £1,000 (for 100 people, hog roast, salads, potatoes, shepard's pie as alternative and 3 choice of puddings)
Photographer: £299 reduced from £800 wowcher deal (2 photographers for 8 hrs 300 images on disc)
Vintage wedding car: £335
Band: £800 reduced from £1300 (wedding present from my mum)
Chair covers and sashes: £170

This is what I have so far!!! Next big things to buy are my dress and bridesmaid (still unsure whether to have 1,2 or 3 :haha:, we are hiring suits for OH, BM, my 2LO's and my brother who is giving me away as my Dad passed away

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"