pro's for the bug
con's of the bug
how much did you pay and what was in your package
do you regret getting the bug
how long have you been using it and how long do you think it will last
what is it like over rough ground

sorry to go on a bit

thanks ladies

I had mine for 2 years really really loved it - was heartbroken to sell it when DS2 came along!
DS1 was in the carrycot for about 4 months but he was ridiculously long so I'm sure most people would get more use out of it than I did.
The carrycot is suitable for overnight sleeping - we used ours instead of a moses basket before DS1 moved into his cot.
Pro's
V comfy
You can change the colour scheme if you really want to
Easy to adjust seat
Compatible with maxi cosi car seat
Will last a long time
Puncture resist tyres
Adjustable suspension
All of the fabric is machine washable
Con's
You have to take the seat unit off to fold it - so probably not suitable if you use a lot of public transport
If you have a very tall baby you might have trouble using the hood when they get to about 2.5yrs old but that might just be me - my boys are stupidly tall!
Think we paid about £600 and that was for everything except the footmuff.
Have to say that I was put off by the price but after using it with LO I absolutely loved it and was heartbroken to sell it and get a PHil and Teds when number 2 came along.
I used it pretty much every day for 2 years and it had plenty of life in it when I sold it on ( they have a very good resale value on ebay).
Its pretty good over rough ground - I even used it in the snow, just switch the frame so that the big wheels are at the front and away you go!!
Hope that helps.

thanks a mill for your review, my god it was just so so light

ok ladies it seems the choice is down to the bugaboo cam and the icandy peach

both fit in the car

how long have you had your cam? Since Vinnie was born so i have been using is for 6.5 months
how long was lo in carrycot Vinnie was in his carrycot for 3 months, he could have stayed in there longer but had terrible reflux and couldnt lie flat
is carrycot suitable for overnight sleeping Yes
pro's for the bugEverything i love my bug, i love the fact you can change the colour of the pram so quickly and its all washable which is a massive plus! also their resale value is very good
con's of the bug i dont think it really has any, if im gonna be picky the toggle on the shopping basket but really i cant think of any
how much did you pay and what was in your package I got my bug 2nd hand, it was only 6 months old and i paid £400 for it - if your on facebook join the bugaboo buy and sell page you may get a used one for a good deal
do you regret getting the bug absolutely no way best decision i made during my whole pregnancy
how long have you been using it and how long do you think it will last i have used it for 6.5 months and will use it until Vinnie doesnt need a buggy anymore so i imagine 3 years
what is it like over rough ground really good as you can flip the handle bar over to have the big wheels at the front

sorry to go on a bit

thanks ladies

You will not find a better pram than the Bugaboo!!

what weight is the bug, as online i am gettin 8.9 for everything and 9.2 for chassis.....

Hmmmm im not sure never weighed it, but i can lift it in and out of my car with no problems and the steering is light as can be!

ohh is see you getting married in 9 days... good luck!

i noticed how light the steering was, did you ever compare it against other prams?

how long have you had your cam? 3 months! (we bought it when she was 8 months because previous buggies didn't work out)
how long was lo in carrycot? never - see above.
is carrycot suitable for overnight sleeping? yes, it has the right sort of mattress.
pro's for the bug? It's brilliant! I love everything about it except that it doesn't convert into a double. I love that the seat and the handle can change direction, I love that it can handle very rough ground, I love that the seat is so upright and DD doesn't slouch in it, I love that it's very easy to push, I love the adjustable handle, I love the breezy hood that has windows so DD can look out, I love the window in the rain cover, I love that DD loves it and gets excited whenever she's put in it : )
con's of the bug? It doesn't convert to a double. This is a big problem for me as we're ttc no.2 and I'm very sad that my beloved bug won't work for me for much longer. I love it that much!
how much did you pay and what was in your package? I got it second hand for €400 - everything that's in the basic package plus a footmuff.
do you regret getting the bug? I didn't till we started ttc. It's a gorgeous buggy and absolutely perfect for one child. I still don't regret it, I just know I'll have to rethink - again!
how long have you been using it and how long do you think it will last? Only a couple of months but it's 4 years old and going strong, there's not a thing wrong with it. And the seat unit is good and big so it would suit DD for years to come.
what is it like over rough ground? Absolutely great, we live in the country and it's been over rough paths, terrible roads, little rural tracks, chunky awkward gravel and across fields full of cows and it was always fine. With the big wheels at the front you'll get across anything.

I have the Gecko (the only difference is that I don't have an adjustable handle) with Cameleon front wheels but I LOVE it!

We didn't have it from birth so I've never used the carry cot, but it looks very comfy!

Ours weighs 7.8kg, which is stupidly light compared to the 12kg Britax I had before. Would recommend!

It came down to a bug cam or an icandy peach and in the end the bug won, i think overall the seat unit looks bigger, and with the shiny handles etc it would stratch and go dull and i know that would annoy me, also i wasnt a huge fan of the colours of the peach.

Plus as it said with the pros above i cannot fault it i love it! Also you dont have to buy the carry cot seperately as it comes as part of the package, unlike the icandy
x

I've had 2 cameleons for my children, and a ICandy apple, which was new out when I got it. I do a lot of serious walking and whilst the Bboo lasted and lasted the Icandy fell to bits after 7 months. Its folding mechanism collapsed, the seat unit broke, and I wore out the front wheels. Was very very unimpressed with it, and compared to the Bugaboo with a 30lb 12 month old in it is like a tank to push.

I never thought I would have any more children, thats why I sold my Bugaboo but here I am with number 5 and another Bugaboo. Can't fault it. I walk at least 9 miles a day, it still looks as good as new. I can drag it over a shingle beach with no effort and it goes over the Derbyshire Peak district with no bother. It is still small enough to be fine in town and folds compact albeit in 2 pieces. It was about the only pram I could fit behind the 2 back seats of my Galaxy.

how long have you had your cam?

We've had it from birth

how long was lo in carrycot

I kept him in it for five months. He would have been happy in the pushchair bit before then but I liked the fact he slept longer if laying down.

is carrycot suitable for overnight sleeping

Yes

pro's for the bug

I love it. It's light, easily packed away, good for varried terains, can get different covers, can easily wash covers, so light to steer.

con's of the bug

The only bad thing I can think of is the shopping basket, can't use it on the pram as not very accessable.

how much did you pay and what was in your package

I bought it second hand from my friend who had only used it for a year. It was £650 new.

do you regret getting the bug

No. I love it.

how long have you been using it and how long do you think it will last

Been using it for seven months. It gets a fair bit of use both in walking and in being put up and down. It's not showing any problems yet.

what is it like over rough ground

Fine over rought ground, not too bumpy. Any steering problems just flip the handles and lead with the big tyres and there is no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->