Bugaboo pushchairs - colour?

Mary Jo

Mummy to Adam and Joel
Reaction score
OK, I finally decided I have to get on and order a pushchair. :) I decided a while ago we'd get a Bugaboo Bee, for a few reasons, including the weight (light), size (compact), orientation (parent and outward facing) and resale value (good, I believe, at least they seem to have some demand in the second-hand market).

So I'd found a supplier that does a really good package deal and all that's left is to choose the colour. It comes in red, yellow, pink, dark khaki, black and blue. If I was to make the choice purely on preference I'd probably go for dark khaki, but I'm thinking - if I get that, how popular (ie, how good a price would I get) would that be on eBay/wherever else I sold it? Might another colour be a wiser choice?

We're having a boy so pink is out of the question, and also I've heard that the yellow attracts insects. My OH (and his mother :hissy: ) say "red will fade". Black is - a bit Scottish Widows (big hood, a bit bleak for a baby, with the matching thing that baby sleeps/sits in). I have nothing much against blue. Heck, I've nothing much against any of them, really, I just can't make a decision!

What would you choose and why? :)

If you're looking to resell it i'd go for a gender neutral colour - black/red/yellow.
If thats not one of the most important, blue! Cos its for boys lol

x

I dont know how the bees work but I have a cameleon and I just bought a new colour for it this week! If they are interchangable like a cameleon then get what you fancy and if you go off it get summat else!!! I have a girl and I have sand fleece and dark blue fleece with drak grey base. I hate pink!

x

I have the cameleon and can say that red doesn't fade (not yet anyway) and it looks great!

I just bought a Bugaboo Bee as a second stroller last week, I had been looking at them for a while on ebay and i found that they went around £250-300 depending on the condition and the fact that there arent a lot of them for sale second hand, so i wouldnt worry about the colour go for what you really want! x

Hmmm, thanks everyone for your input! I SAID to OH tonight "I am going to order the red one" and he didn't argue... I'm thinking I like it because you can't miss it, but dark khaki is quite cool... ack! I wish there wasn't such a choice!

Maybe I should watch some on eBay for a while... but I only have a few weeks to get my order in as they said lead time is 8-10 weeks...

There are shops on ebay doing deals on brand new ones it is worth comparing, I ended up getting one on Gumtree brand new for £290 couldnt believe it, that and preloved are def worth a look hun!

^^ Thanks... I'll have a look on eBay. :)

The deal I've found is for the pushchair, the baby nest, a maxicosi cabriofix car seat and the adaptors for the car seat - £495. RRP for all that is £589

i have a red bee and in my opinion its my favourite, found some of the other colours a bit garish but i do wish i could have the blue as it is such a nice shade of blue. My red hood hasn't faded yet either

OK, thanks ladies! I have now placed my order, for the dark khaki. I did want the red but OH made me compromise. :rofl:

:D

OK, thanks ladies! I have now placed my order, for the dark khaki. I did want the red but OH made me compromise. :rofl:

:D

Why don't you buy a spare red hood?.....I bought the red bee with a spare black hood!

ooo enjoy :D i love the bee in pink blue and red :D

i have a cameleon in demin and pink :D though would like another colour come autumn i think as i've just purchased a summer hood in pink, to match my other pink :blush:

I got my cameleon in Sand yesterday and I think thats a great colour, goes with any colour tailored fabric and not to pale that it will dirty quickly.

I looooooove mine! I parked it next to the bed last night just so I could look at it...!

Hello!! I ordered the Bee in blue over the weekend - can't wait for it to arrive!! :D Ordered a blue cocoon as well... We don't actually know what we're having - I just loved the bright cheerful colour. I think the khaki is very stylish though. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->