Bum genius wearers

PeanutBean

Mumma to B & I
Reaction score
I just posted in baby club but in case some you aren't there:

This week Byron suddenly decided only to sleep on his front. Totally out of the blue having never done so in 9 months. This would be fine except he keeps waking up drenched in wee all up his front, soaked through all his clothes and event eh sleeping bag. This is a problem! Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions? We make sure his willy is tucked down and the nappy is tight enough but still no joy.

do you use the two inserts?? also do you have the folded one folded towards the front???

sara

xxxx

Sorry hun cant help but the BGs did not work for my little boy he always leaked in them no mater how many inserts were stuffed in there!!I have just sold all mine.xx

Yeah I was going to ask the same about the inserts....are you using the fold over one with the fold up front...also a 2nd insert. You can try putting some fleece pants that will help make them not leak all over him

Could you use an extra booster folded in half in the front of his nappy...?

Yea i'd say to make sure the folded part fo the large insert is too the front and put the newborn insert in aswell and pop that down to the front.

Thanks everyone. I forgot to say about inserts. I've just put this in the other thread:

We sleep with a larger bamboo second insert as it is more absorbant than the newborn one they come with. He's on full size now so it doesn't fold over. He does wee enormous amounts at night, particularly if he is restless, so we've had leaks around the legs and sometimes round the waistband at the front is he's wearing pyjamas til we realised they were pressing in.

I'm not sure we could manage to get a third insert in, they're pretty huge already! Also, he had an afternoon nap where it started coming through the front too (again on his front). He'd only been in the nappy about an hour before but obviously was just the normal insert.

Last night I did the nappy as tight as I dared and it was better though still a bit wet so maybe DH just does them too loose? But last night he was very settled and didn't wake once so less wee anyway.

Even if we could fit a third insert in I think it would be pulled so round across the waistband (rather than lying flat, if you see what I mean) that it would leak through anyway. But we could give it a go and see, I suppose we've nothing to lose! Except maybe the circulation to his legs...lol

I never unsnapped our inserts...even now and Hayden's almost 2, if I put those on him they are still snapped...they really don't need so much in the back you know? But even so they fit in there really well with the full rise and the insert snapped...i would try snapping it for nights so there is more up front and see how that works

I never unsnapped our inserts...even now and Hayden's almost 2, if I put those on him they are still snapped...they really don't need so much in the back you know? But even so they fit in there really well with the full rise and the insert snapped...i would try snapping it for nights so there is more up front and see how that works

His nappy is soaked right the way along to the back of the insert. Honestly I could wring out both inserts! I'll maybe give it a go. See what DH thinks about people's responses.

To be honest I want to stop giving him his bottle before bed and move it backwards but there isn't really time and if he gets it too soon after tea then he'll throw it up. He's too young to stop it completely. Conundrum...

Hmmm maybe try some bamboo or zorb inserts...very trim but super absorbent. I would do the fleece pants over it though, atleast his clothes won't be soaked that way

Well the night before last we managed to squeeze an additional newborn insert in and he wasn't much wet but last night he was just soaked up the front again anyway! :dohh: The nappy could still be wrung.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->