bumbo - anyone elses baby ...

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by secretbaby, Jun 2, 2011.

1. secretbaby

secretbaby Well-Known Member

star jump in it? my LO sits in it and pushes herself up and back like she is star jumping/backflipping - am surprised she hasn't flipped herself out of it yet (which is why I sit right by her when she is in it!)

... does anyone elses baby do this? is it because she is too light for it? does anyone know if there is a min weight (got mine of ebay so no box - my LO is 17 weeks and weights 12 1/2 pounds... weighed her this morning!).

I love the idea of a bumbo but am now a bit loathed to put LO in it even with me sitting by.

2. tristansmum

tristansmum Well-Known Member

not had experience but read some ladies on here had their babies fall backwards... thats one of the reasons i didn't buy one.

3. angel2010

angel2010 Cart & Emma's mom, 1mc

Carter started doing this and that is when it got put away.

4. Karina&Bump

Karina&Bump TTC #2

My LO started to do the starjump thing in her bumbo today, I'm hoping she was just excited about her lunch

5. KayBea

KayBea Mummy to Xanthia Lily

My LO did it for a bit but has stopped now..
    X

6. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon Well-Known Member

Yep - putting the tray on helps a bit... I just don't leave him at all as he looks like he could flip the whole thing over. Luckily, we were given ours, so I don't feel too guilty if we don't use it much!

7. kimandbump

kimandbump Well-Known Member

Minimum weight for a bumbo is 8lb.

8. Mrs Doddy

Mrs Doddy 1 pink 1 blue

Yep and she also twists in it, for these reasons I don't use it

9. polaris

polaris Mother of two

Yes Thomas did that and also twisted himself sideways in it. We only used it for a couple of weeks and then he managed to twist himself out of it, so definitely make sure you are always sat right next to it. I do think weight might be a factor, he was always thin and had lots of wriggle room whereas I have seen other babies in them with chubbier thighs and they seem much more stable.

10. sapphire1

sapphire1 Well-Known Member

Yep, Holly does it all the time. She also twists sideways, and hangs over the edge with her head practically on the floor. It's a mare because it's the only place I can put her to feed her solids until her highchair is delivered. She starjumps even when she's eating :dohh:

11. a_missy

a_missy Well-Known Member

Elsie does that too. usually its when she's fed up with it and wants out, she leans right back and i hate it, looks like she's going to hurt her back!