Bumgenius Organic Don't really work for us :(

happyface82

Reaction score
Pointless thread really.. I'm just bummed! I ordered 5 of them cause I really liked the look of them :dohh: and read some excellent reviews, but so far they are the only ones that we've had leaks in!! Katerina is very tall but then quite skinny so whatever I do if I live them just slightly over 3 hours they will leak on both sides of the legs! :wacko:

I think I need to sell them and find other nappies that might fit her better? Any ideas? I really fitted ones better, and they work great, but my husband needs something a bit less complicated so I want some AIOs for him to use! :thumbup:

ah sorry hun. that's gutting. we've had leaks with some nappies too, and it's very annoying. The latest nappy I really like are bambooty's, they're sized nappies though, but they seem to fit really well and are sooo slim fitting, especially on skinny babies. cheeks and cherries do a 3 for 2 offer on them as well, whihc is great :)

They've got some nice prints as well! I'm liking them I think! hehe

i like bottom bumpers (from funky monkey pants)and tots bots easy fits v2s

Just a thought, but if the BGs leak when you've left them for over 3 hours, maybe it's just a case of her being a heavier wetter and needing a booster? :flower: I found once my LO was around the same age as yours, I needed to boost all of our pockets with a little something extra because her pee volume increased so much. I made some bamboo fleece/zorb boosters, but I always hear the ladies on here talking about the little lamb bamboo boosters. Might something to try if you don't want to part with your BGs...

If they're the new artist print BG Organics, i'll buy them off you, I love them!! :happydance:

I've tried every brand going of AIO. I was determined to find one to save time on stuffing pockets etc! And they are the only one to cope with my heavy wetter. They've never ever leaked... although they are sopping wet after 3 hours. Try sticking a little lamb bamboo booster under a fleece liner in them to add absorbancy, and have a play around with the rise poppers- if the legs are gapping going up a rise can help and then just tighten the waist more.

Other AIOs: Cushie tushies- look lush, last 2 hours though even boosted. Not great for a heavy wetter. Itti Bitti's- look great, last 1-2 hours MAX! No good for us at all. Bambootys- hard to get a good fit with the larges on Kia, and don't last as long as the BG Organics. BG AIOs- good because of the velcro and the pocket to add extra boosting, 2 little lambs bamboo boosters make it last 2-3 hours.

are they up too full absorbancy hun? Just want to check (they probably are :haha:)

Unfortunatly in this household, apart from bambootys and BG, Most of my nappies are pockets or AI2's.
Have you tried pockets? Very similar to AIO and i know you said you want something easy for hubby, but once they are stuffed off the washing line they more or less are AIO's :lol: (iyswim?)
atleast then you can stuff to the right absorbancy?

Failing anything else, atleast selling gives you the chance to see/feel/try everything else :lol:

Thanks for the advice girls! Jetters they are not the new prints, just plain colours! Sorry :)

Jetters I've just received 2 ecobubs wool pocket ones in the post today so will try and see how I get on with these before I decide what to order next. They are soooo soft!!!!! And you are right I can prepare them for hubby so he won't have to do it!

And yes, if I sell them then a chance to buy some more!!! hehe But my luck I mean I went to take a picture of a blue bumgenius to post here to sell it and the snap came off!!! Really??? lol Now I need to send it back and have it replaced! :dohh: I think the nappy got offended that I wanted to sell it! :haha:

Bambootys can be quite low fitting if you have a long baby Avalon got builders bum with hers which is why I had to sell them on :)

itti bitti mini boosters are fab shoved between the layers in the bg organics - they give us an extra hour out of them and barely noticeable in bulk

shameless plug but if you like the ecobubs i have two pink and choc mediums for sale :D

I also got some tots bots bamboo boosters so maybe I can try them in the bumgenius see if it makes a difference?

Sugarpuff thank you I got one pink and choc and one blue and choc. I'll see how I get on and then see if I want to get more :thumbup:

Might be worth keeping them as I didn't like mine for a while but now am back to them as since she is starting to walk more they are fitting better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->