Bump bands.

CandyApple19

Pregnant with #3, PAL.
Reaction score
Are they worth it?... I need some help holding my jeans up...Cant tie them anymore and the bobble trick is partially working, but when i lift my son is find myself walking with them almost around my bloomin' ankles:blush:

Are they strong enough to keep your pants up and support your bump? i've heard soo many mixed reviews.. I dont want a piece of material just sitting on my bump being useless...

Ive had bump bands from about 6 weeks because I was so bloated my pants wouldn't fasten anymore. They are very useful for hiding the fact that your pants are unfastened but in terms of holding them up, well, im not big enough for them to do that yet! But they are a useful buy. Mine are from matalan...a black and a white one in a pack for about £6 i think x x x

I wouldn't be without them! I've been using them since about 8 weeks I think (lots of bloating)

I don't think they give much in the way of support, or hold my trousers up, but they do keep my belly snug and warm & stop my bloated belly hanging out from under my tops! :)

Sounds like you might need some maternity trousers hun! :happydance:

I had one for my previous pregnancy and it worked for dress pants but not for jeans. It wasn't strong enough to hold my jeans up

i dont know what i would do without mine love them great for wen wearing low trousers or jeans i would go for it hun xx

I got mine from new look and have worn them loads! I can still manage my normal work trousers and jeans with the bobble trick and they just cover up the fact that my buttons aren't done up and allow me to wear normal tops that would ride up on their own. I probably won't get away with them for much longer though!

I've got the new look ones too and mainly use them to stop my tops riding up as they'd started to ride up to my ribs! Only started using them a few days ago as my bump is small but the're great for that. Can't say I've tried them yet for holding trousers up, though might try using them to hid my opened work trousers. :thumbup:

ive given up on jeans entirely im sick of rucking them up all the time its not very ladylike in the middle of the street is it lmao im now addicted to leggings they actually stay on and i dont have to worry my pants are showing! x

I used to work in a maternity store, the kind of stuff they have for this is insane!
a bump band will help bits but I always found as I grew they kinda became useless. but were always nice and comfy around my tummy, i loved my tummy being wrapped up the first time, now I just want it to be free!
They do have extenders though, they are great! here's a link to show you what I'm talking about...\
https://www.cheekymonkey.ca/BellyBelt.htm

I have one and it was really useful in the 'in-between' period of about 10 weeks to 20 weeks where I was already too big to wear my normal trousers done up, but was too small for maternity clothes. I found mine really useful. I don't think it held the trousers up particularly, but it did hide the fact the my trousers weren't properly done up (and they never fell down either!). I think mine was worth buying. I got a 'bumpband' (brand) and found it pretty good.

I started off with a cheaper bump band from mothercare which was pretty good but as I got bigger wasn't great at keeping my trousers up. However I bought a more expensive one online from the actual Bumpband website and its absolutely fantastic. It was about £20 including delivery but I couldn't do without it now. Its saved me a fortune as im still in all my old clothes.

They do two sizes 8-12 and 14-18. My friend is a size 22 and the bigger size fit her if you are size 14 or a small 16 I would probably say go for the smaller size as they are quite generous size wise.

xxxxxxxxxxx

I love my belly bands. They hold up my jeans so I didn't have to button/zip them just fine. I have found that it helps to pull it down to below where the top of your underwear sits, pull up the jeans, and then flip the top 3 inches of the bellyband over the top of the jeans. It stops the band from riding up, hold the pants up, and covers the zipper. They also go well over the top of the maternity pants to help hold them up until the belly fills out a little more. This also cover over the navy blue stretchy top part in the full covering maternity pants so that maternity pants look like normal jeans.
Can you tell I like mine lol? I think the trick is to get the right size and not get it too big. I have the name brand bellyband and have a s/m; I was a 6 before getting pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->