Bump size = baby size?

xxxKatiexxx

Reaction score
Does the size of your bump show you the size of the baby? I've got what I've been told is a 'neat' bump and I think it's fairly small compared to some people I've seen. Does that mean that babys smaller than those with the bigger bumps or does it not prove anything?! :shrug:

Doesn't prove a thing. My bump is pretty darn small for my gestation and baby is measuring "normal"
she was 4 pounds already two weeks ago.

That said I don't always agree with baby's weight predictions through ultrasound.
I have known some very giant pregnant ladies with small babies though. It doesn't make a difference, we all carry differently.

nope, bump size has nothing to do with the size of your baby.

not at all, everyone says im neat, i was the same with my first and she was 8lb 6oz!!xxx

load of old rubbish that one....I'm carrying really far out, bump looks big, but neat as I don't look preggers from the back...measuring 'normal'
Depends on fluid levels, baby position and how you carry - ooh and how big/tall/small you are to start with.

Even scan measurements are not accurate - we were told 30% inaccuracy either way. I wouldn't worry and just let your MW check it all out - if there's any issue they'll talk to you about it.

no it doesnt mean anything. my bump is massive according to everyone, but the baby is measuring as he should be for my dates x

I always measured under in my last pg and I was sent for a growth scan two weeks before my due date as they were concenred that the baby would be small. She was born at 8lbs - so in my case there was no link! I was told at the hospital that my bump will be smaller becasue I am very tall with a long body so there is lots of room for the baby to spead out - it doesn't need to stick out very far lol!

just as well it dosnt cause my bump is huge every1 thinks its twins or im due now and well its not twins and im due april 15th lol

IMG00039-20110122-2354.jpg

see what i mean?
lol x

hi there, with ds1 I was really small at all my vistis and the doctors said that if baby was 7lbs I would be lucky so I bought all kinds of newborn stuff and the little man was 8lbs 7oz. with this one they are saying that I am looking at an almost 10lbs baby ( how i get big ones I have no idea since I am only 5 3 and my husband is 5 3 1/2 so we are small) so I am hoping they are wrong on this one as well.

No link at all. My bump was huge huge huge (twins jokes aplenty) and DS was 6lb 9. I'm carrying huge again this time :-/

No link at all. My bump was huge huge huge (twins jokes aplenty) and DS was 6lb 9. I'm carrying huge again this time :-/

lol thanx 4 that im getting the aww its gonna be a big baby ect :wacko:
6lb 9 id be happy with that lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"