Bumpers.

K

katekatekate

I just read that you shouldn't use a bumper when your baby is still young. When do you use a bumper? Should I even bother buying one at all?

We bought a whole cot set, that included the bumper i used it from day 1 (when she went in her cot, around 2/3wks old) never had any issues with it.

Ooo good. My friend gave me this pampers baby book and it reckons bumpers are bad but I didn't see why they would sell them if they were. Thanks. x

my midwife said when they're little they need as much air circulation as possible to reduce the risk of SIDS, its rediculous because all cot sets have bumpers and quilts, yet apparently you're not allowed to use them. silly silly.

i think it's up to you to be honest

my little one won't be in the cot for a few months so i'm okay with using a bumper after about 4 months x

I'm not using one as we didnt but a cot set they were all far too expensive and fussy.

Its not as if the poor babba would be able to roll over at first anyway and whack their heads on the side of the cot!

Unless you end up with a headbanger I don't see the point plus I'd feel safer knowing theres good air circulation in the cot, it must get stuffy with bumpers!

I started using one when my daughter started rolling over and kept getting her legs stuck in the bars of her cot. So about 4 or 5 months old.

iv bought one for my crib...its pretty thin and between the bars theres lots of air circulation (the reason i went for a crib and not a moses basket as that is completely enclosed!) Think its just stops big drafts...you're meant to place them nearer the bottom anyway!

I didn't get one at all. If she has problems with legs and arms getting stuck later, then I will get one then, but for now I'm erring on the side of caution.

i have one, but Sophie wont be in her cot until she's grown out of her moses basket, so she'l be at least 3 months i'd say (Hopefully more)

HV told me not to use one and ive heard theyre not recommended so not got one!

It is because of the air needing to circulate, i didn't use one last time and haven't got one this time either. They look nice but i don't see them as a must have.

I don't quite see the point in them, as a newborn can't roll anyway...

they say on the packaging to be taken off when the baby is 1. so your getting what.. 5 or 6 months use out of them? and theyre not recommended incase their heads get down next to them and the bumper blocks the air... when if it wasnt there they would be able to breathe thru the cot bars... so theyre def not a must have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->