Bumps & Laptops

Seraphim

Amazing Baby Girl
Reaction score
I wondered what other peoples views were on using laptops whilst being pregnant?

I've started being more careful - but I don't know *why* - other than my mother is obsessed with the idea that the electro magnetic fields of all electrical devices are killing us :dohh:

I'm not saying it doesn't exist... I'm just wondering how much 'energy' (ha no pun intended) I have to give to the cause at the moment.

Any thoughts?

Omg, don't get me started...before I got pregnant I didn't even give it a thought but now I'm reluctant to even have my handbag on my lap when I'm on the train because my mobile is in there, it's crazy! But then I've noticed myself thinking twice about a lot of things, I haven't painted my nails at all since I found out, I haven't heard anything that said I couldn't, just reluctant to use or have any kind of chemicals around me.

Wow....I honestly have never thought about it! I'm very interested to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Oh, please don't anyone worry on my mother's account :)
I've known countless women have perfectly healthy babies and use laptops etc... Well at least they seem normal... I haven't seen any of them headbutting the walls yet, but they do tend to dribble quite a bit ;D

interesting question :)

In the beginning I stopped putting the laptop on my tummy mostly out of fear it would heat up and make my tummy too hot. So I would set it on the arm of the couch instead of my body. Now I use the laptop on my tummy because its funny when bubs kicks it. I'm not on it for long now that my sickness and tiredness is gone... so I'm not too concerned.

All I use is a laptop. I am not too worried.

This is an interesting question. Even when I wasn't pregnant, I usually put a cushion or thick book (like NEXT catalogue, lol) between my lap and the laptop.

I have noticed in pregnancy magazines, pictures of grinning expectant women with their laptop on their lap very close to their bumps, so I guess, there is nothing wrong with it.

I always make sure I put a big pillow under the laptop and keep it well away from tummy. Just in case! Mine lets out a lot of heat and it worries me :(

I always make sure I put a big pillow under the laptop and keep it well away from tummy. Just in case! Mine lets out a lot of heat and it worries me :(

Even when not pregnant, I wouldn't put laptop directly on lap, I would tend to put it on arm of couch or on a thick cushion. Don't think the heat and possible radiation can do any good so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I used to worry about OH's laptop (which he uses constantly when he's home) as he would have it on his lap and i'd be thinking "poor overheated spermies, i hope they're not all frazzling in there!" :rofl:

I suppose for the same reason i'd be cautious about spending long periods with a laptop running on my belly...but mainly because of the overheating. If you're worried you can always rest laptop on a cushion, or the arm of the chair, or even pop it on the table (kind of defeats the point of it being a laptop then, i know :dohh: but at least you wouldn't need to worry!)

I wear a uniform to work and keep my mobile with me at all times switched on in my pocket which is obviously around my middle-sort-of-area. I haven't read or heard anything to suggest to me this is a bad idea.

I think this is probably one of those things that starts of as curiosity but can quickly develop into paranoia!

I have my laptop balanced on one knee - I used to use a cushion, but the laptop would overheat as the fan vent is on the base to one side! I'm hoping that I'll just be able to nudge the lappy out further along my knee as the bump grows ...

But then I'm the kind of person who's wondering whether the maternity unit at the hospital has wifi, as the prospect of going in there to have the baby and NOT having my lappy scares me more than the thought of labour!

But then I'm the kind of person who's wondering whether the maternity unit at the hospital has wifi, as the prospect of going in there to have the baby and NOT having my lappy scares me more than the thought of labour!

:happydance:

A woman after my own heart! ;)

I think this is why my mum has moaned at me so much.

Is it meant to harm baby?! Im scared its a reason I went into prem labour :cry:

never thought about it myself, these kinds of things dont bother me id helpful still use my laptop in same way.

those waves are zooming around us all the time....I know that when I was TTC (I'm WTT now) I didn't like the idea that my computer was baking my maybe-bean.

I am a seriously heavy laptop user (as in, lots of use, not the weight) .... lappy on my knees for anything from 2-4 hours per night when I was working, and 6 hrs+ now .... didn't stop me from conceiving! Sometimes I think the Bean will be born with touchtyping skills!

I am a seriously heavy laptop user (as in, lots of use, not the weight) .... Sometimes I think the Bean will be born with touchtyping skills!

Mine too! S/he will probably be born babbling in html to :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->