Bumps & toddlers.....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by kristen77, Nov 19, 2011.

1. kristen77

kristen77 Well-Known Member

My 19-month old seems to understand that there is a baby in there - when asked he'll say hello to the baby, show it his toys, give it a kiss etc. But he's a little roughie like most toddlers his age & he's forever climbing over me etc. I'm guessing that baby is well protected from this in it's sack & with all the amniotic fluid, so the only discomfort is to me? If he pushes on my bump does the amniotic sack just get pushed backwards into whatever, causing me but not the baby discomfort? He never kicks me or anything, it is just this climbing over me that's the problem!

How're other mums of toddlers finding/managing it?

Xx

2. lalitas charm

lalitas charm Mummy to Bethan & Piplet

Awww thats so sweet that your LO talks to baby and kisses your bump!! My DD has told me firmly that there is not a baby in mummy's tummy and that "baby not live with me!". It seems that baby is welcome to visit for the occasional bath and or nappy change but that is it lol!!

DD takes these runs at me and there have been a few times when she has caught me quite hard in the belly but baby seems fine as he still wriggles away afterwards. I'd say that they are well protected but I'm still trying to convince DD not to jump all over me.

3. kristen77

kristen77 Well-Known Member

Ah, bless your DD! I think my son would be exactly the same if he had any idea of what a baby actually meant! He is very much a mummies-boy and gets jealous as soon as I pick up my 11-mnth old niece!! I'm sure they will both love their new sibling to bits once they have time to adjust! So it's not just me with the climbing problem then.......

Xx

4. lalitas charm

lalitas charm Mummy to Bethan & Piplet

Yeah I think that we are human climbing frames for toddlers, bump or no bump lol!

5. Dantes Mom

Dantes Mom Well-Known Member

My sons exactly the same hes just gone 2 and is terrible for it. i am yet to find a solution xx

6. Mrsmitch80

Mrsmitch80 Well-Known Member

Hi, my little girls the same. Not worried that it will hurt the baby but it hurts me, everything feels so stretched at the moment! She is really excited about the baby in my tummy but I'm quite wary of telling her to be careful of it when she jumps on me, I don't want her to think that the baby is in the way of our cuddles already!

We're slowly adjusting things, like she always sat on my knee in bed for a bedtime story but now she sits next to me, it's much easier!

Xx