Burning nipples

JeepGirl

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
My son is 9 weeks old and bfing had been going very well. But for the last 2 weeks I have been having extreme burning in both nipples while he is feeding and for a few mins after. He has a great latch, so thats not it. I have been using nipple cream even though they aren't cracked or anything. I was to the duty doctor over a week ago and he said everything looked fine, but gave me an antibiotic just in case there was an infection starting. All that did was give me a yeast infection:dohh: I have a appt with my own doctor on Wed to get rechecked.

Its so bad now that I'm almost in tears while he is feeding and I have to put cold packs in my bra when he is done. I didn't want to switch to formula, but I can't take this pain much more:nope:

Oh poor you :hugs:

Tips for thrush - wander arund naked, sunbathe if it warm enou! Wash in vinegar, I used to keep a spray bottle to do it after each feed. You can get daktarin gel for lo, and cream for you both available over the counter (daktarin cream is athletes foot cream!), some people recommend grapefruit seed extract but I have no experience. Yo will probably need some fluconozloe for you too. And finally, get some acidophilus and both you and lo take it. This is the only way we managed to get rid of it.

If you get the daktarin, it only takes a coule of days to start to work, so you should feel better soon, in the meantime, grit your teeth!
Hope it clears quick x

^^ WSS

Also you can take paracetamol and ibuprofen to help you cope with the pain :hugs:

When I went to the duty doctor, I told him I thought it was thrush. But he told me it wasn't because LO doesn't have it:shrug: So can I get it when LO doesn't?

Yes! Stupid doctors! Either of you could have it without the other showing symptoms. And it is vital that both of you are treated at the same time.

Seriously need sometng done about these docs.

Mine today told me lo should not be on the breast anymore. She is only flippin 9 months!

Well my doc (aka Doctor Dickhead...thanks kelly29! :haha: ) told me that there was a study that suggested you couldn't get thrush in the breast. :dohh: :grr:

Seriously, perhaps we should become doctors? It would appear we have more of a clue! :haha:

My own doctor listened to me:happydance: He gave me cream to use and said it should clear up in a few days to a week. He also said the antibiotics the duty doctor gave me probably made it worse:growlmad:

Hooray! Hope it clears quick for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->