Burning on left ovary area

momwithbabies

Mom of Two
Reaction score
I have this weird burning sensation in my left ovary. It doesn't hurt too bad, but it's noticeable. I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow. I'm waiting on a call back from the nurse. Anybody else feeling this or know what it could be? I would think an ectopic would hurt more.

That would be normal, right? I read it produces progesterone to keep the pregnancy going, or something to that effect.

Corpus luteum is a good thing, it's a little hormone factory that used to be your egg follicle, and it helps support the pregnancy. They can grow up to 5cm or so, so it's normal that you may feel some discomfort.

I went for an ultrasound today because on-call doctor wanted to make sure it's not an ectopic. Baby is in the uterus, but far to the right. The tech seemed concerned and she also asked me if anyone ever told me my uterus was shaped differently...I said no. Now I'm worried about that, which has nothing to do with the pain on the left side. My doctor is supposed to call me back when he gets back into town, but I'm calling to get more information tomorrow. This is driving me nuts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"