burns night...

C

carolyn_s

Any of my fellow scots celebrating in anyway shape or form?

The girls and I were invited to a burns evening but i woke up this morning with a cold, as have the girls, so i nipped to asda today and am going to stuff some chicken breasts with haggis...not sure what Abby will make of it though lol xxx

We got haggis in but OH was in charge of yesterday's dinner and cooked it :dohh: So we're having chicken casserole tonight.

We had a veggie haggis with tattie and butternut mash. Not quite traditional but what we had! lol. It was yum!

no i dont like haggis so we are having a roast chicken :haha:

what is it? :flower:

I know this is probably sacrilege but I really do not like Burns poetry! We do like haggis though and will have it for tea this week, just not tonight!

hate haggis though been to a few burns nights before and it is great fun...Im only half scottish so think thats why I cant stand haggis, think you have to be proper scottish to appreciate that awful stuff *bulk*

I had my Burns supper a couple of days early on Sunday night with my family - I had garlic mash with mines (my sister was horrified:haha:) and whisky gravy! mmmmmm :) And oatcakes with smoked salmon for a starter.
I love chicken breasts stuffed with haggis too... do you call it Balmoral Chicken?

what is it? :flower:

Its a scottish tradition, everyone gets together and eats haggis and reads poems by Robert Burns, to celebrate his life and death.

I had my Burns supper a couple of days early on Sunday night with my family - I had garlic mash with mines (my sister was horrified:haha:) and whisky gravy! mmmmmm :) And oatcakes with smoked salmon for a starter.
I love chicken breasts stuffed with haggis too... do you call it Balmoral Chicken?

yea :flower: but i dont like whiskey so i make a peppercorn sauce xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->