• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Butlins false advertisement ??

lesleyann

Mummy
Reaction score
Just thought id let anyone no who plans to go to butlins that if you book gold and expect a cot to be provided like it states on there website it is a load of LIES!!

When we booked our holiday we booked Gold for all the extras including it said it comes with a cot, My mum then e-mailed butlins after we booked our holiday to comfirm what was stated on the website and to make sure we would not be charged extra to recive this e-mail from butlins:

Hello Louisa.

Thanks for your email.

Please can you let us know where you saw this description of the gold accommodation as we do believe this is either wrong or old. We do provide travel cots at our resorts but these do incur and extra cost of £10.00 to your booking. You can speak with our customer care team about this on 0845 070 4757.

We hope this helps.

What do you think of this from looking at the screen shot we took? Would you also believe there would be a cot provided for you?

https://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h145/KinKeH_Lesley_photos/Butlins.jpg
https://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h145/KinKeH_Lesley_photos/Butlins.jpg

Bottom one is a direct link if the picture is to small to read

Yes I would. I would send them that pic hun. Thats just not on! Greedy beggars!

Yes I would think that also. Send that into the company, they should either reimburse you if you've paid the money or give you it for free as the site leads people to believe and then make the appropriate changes to their website !! If they refuse to give it to you for free, I know it's over £10 but I would look into another place to stay, because that's wrong :)

Yes I would think that also. Send that into the company, they should either reimburse you if you've paid the money or give you it for free as the site leads people to believe and then make the appropriate changes to their website !! If they refuse to give it to you for free, I know it's over £10 but I would look into another place to stay, because that's wrong :)

If they dont provide one for free we have been adviced to speak to trading standards

Yeah they have to give you the offer if it is advertised that way. We got a fireplace for almost $100.00 off becaus it was still advertised even tho we later found out that the actaul advertisement was over but they never took it down or had a date on it.

Hmm I wouldn't class it as false advertising as such as when you scroll further down the actual page it tells you what is included.

There is also a part for booking a cot and if you click on it it says
https://www.butlins.com/booking-pages/about-cots.aspx

I wouldn't bother with trading standards myself especially for the sake of a tenner

They've changed their website
"as well as a cot for younger guests"
To:
"as well as a space for a cot if you've got infants"

i think it is very misleading, and i know that u pay a lot for gold accommodation, so for the sake of £10 they should provide a cot for free.

Id be very annoyed at that, and then them changing it at a later date. Keep pushing for it. x

If they dont provide one for free we have been adviced to speak to trading standards

yep hun thats right its false advertising and they can be prosucuted for it point this out to them im sure they will change there minds pretty sharpish x

contact watch dog if they dont do anything, that is wrong.

I worked at butlins for 5 years and although I hear what your saying, I also believe that if u send them that page and state that you are not impressed they will give you a cot as a good will gesture. They aint mean. lol. well, depending on which site (I worked at skeggie). They have stated that the brochure has old info etc and have now updated as soon as you have made this visible to them to prevent this happening in the future. To threaten trading standards over £10 is a bit harsh, however its your call. They are there to help and would see your side of the story if you send them that page and state how 'YOU' believe you was mislead. For the sake of them re-imbursing you £10/putting a free cot in, they aint gonna argue.. they will just do it. The customer is always right/comes first. Just state your case. good luck xx

To:

That's what I thought too, but they haven't changed it - it says one thing on the 'dinner, bed and breakfast' gold page, and another on the self-catering (which still says as well as a cot - and there's nothing anywhere on the page to suggest that a cot won't be provided :shrug:) x

I worked at butlins for 5 years and although I hear what your saying, I also believe that if u send them that page and state that you are not impressed they will give you a cot as a good will gesture. They aint mean. lol. well, depending on which site (I worked at skeggie). They have stated that the brochure has old info etc and have now updated as soon as you have made this visible to them to prevent this happening in the future. To threaten trading standards over £10 is a bit harsh, however its your call. They are there to help and would see your side of the story if you send them that page and state how 'YOU' believe you was mislead. For the sake of them re-imbursing you £10/putting a free cot in, they aint gonna argue.. they will just do it. The customer is always right/comes first. Just state your case. good luck xx

Hello, yes it is skeggy we are going to we go there every year, this year 3 times lol, its not the fact its £10 its the fact it says we should have one. Glad to see some people who worked there are nice

To:

That's what I thought too, but they haven't changed it - it says one thing on the 'dinner, bed and breakfast' gold page, and another on the self-catering (which still says as well as a cot - and there's nothing anywhere on the page to suggest that a cot won't be provided :shrug:) x

Yeah, we are going self catering

Dear Louisa

I would like to assure you we are very sorry that you feel mislead.
Please call me on 01442 203596 so that we can provide a suitable solution today.

Kind regards

Jason

Mum had an e-mail from them today saying that due to there error we will get the cot for free.

And erm thanks Jason, thats the second butlins worker who has an account on here that ive seen lol

And erm thanks Jason, thats the second butlins worker who has an account on here that ive seen lol

Are you talking about pinkish_angel (ex. employee) or are you thinking of the of the Asda rep that was on a few weeks ago?

Are you talking about pinkish_angel (ex. employee) or are you thinking of the of the Asda rep that was on a few weeks ago?

no im thinking of SBbutlins i believe there name was joined made one post and never logged in again

ah sjbutlins (just found the post). TBH you don't need to be so curt, these people are employed as troubleshooters for companies to fix problems (you'll find all the big companies do it). I think the fact that you are being taken seriously is a testament to their customer relations, even if they do mess up (which lets face it, we all do)... They fixed the issue before it was even an issue.

I personally think that being taken serious a welcome change to the usual generic mailshot reply after the event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"