Buying Baby Items - UK Ireland

Miracle123

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Hi,

As this is my first pregnancy... I have loads of questions about buying things for my baby, 2 of the following being the most confusing and important -

Travel System or Pushchair
Whats the best for baby.. like as we will need car seat as well.
Also since we stay in a duplex house... will also need something for baby to sleep when he is downstairs. (I guess when upstairs we can use cot?)
Any brands/shops in Ireland?

Cot
Which brand/shop is best to buy cots.

I want to buy things that can be used longer.. say atleast till the time baby is 3 yrs or so. Also looking to spend reasonable money.
Any suggestions?

The travel system is a tricky one because everyone has different opinions about the different brands. I would find a store near you where you can go and try a few out that are within your budget and go from there.
Personally we don't have a huge budget, so we're spending about £150 and getting the hauck trio set, it has good reviews and has the carrycot, carseat, etc included in the price. Knowing we had a small budget we did a lot of research into what was best within it, so first establish your price, and decide if you want to buy second hand or brand new, sometimes a second hand travel system means you can afford a better one, and as long as they're well looked after, and the car seat has never been in an accident it should be fine, but obviously try before you buy!
Since travel systems can literally run into the thousands for the better brands I would definitely establish your budget and then check out the travel systems, either new or second hand, within it. Checking google for reviews is a good idea too. There are a lot of great websites out there you can buy from, ebay being one of them, also kiddicare, kiddisave, etc. it's just a case of looking around!

As for the cot, if you want it to last until 3 years you'll need a cot bed. You can pick these up for about £100 on ebay, and they're much the same as you would find in mothercare, etc, just a more affordable price.

For example

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-4BAB...Baby_Nursery_Furniture_ET&hash=item2c67c9f91f

Research is key!

John Lewis has some lovely cotbeds for £99 and they get great reviews, they come in white or pine! X

Find stuff you like then search eBay.

People tend to go crazy sometimes and buy stuff they don't use for very long so you can sometimes get it at a bargain price

hiya,,, I'm in wexford, I'm getting the beep twist travel system, baby can sleep in the carry cot part of it down stairs, ken black and smyths have a good sale on cots and baby stuff, I'm gonna put a gliding crib in my room and seen one reduced to €80 in smyths, well worth looking.... I'm blessed that I work in heatons tho cause I get discount on toiletries and baby clothes, blankets and such but they are still chea to begin with so well worth a look :) hope that helps xxx

I'm in Galway. Smyths do cheap enough moses baskets for baby to sleep in downstairs and SIL is giving us a cradle for ustairs. We bought a cotbed too as it will last years and do more than one child.
As for pushchairs we got a travel system. It has the carseat, the carry cot part that lays flat and then another part for when baby gets bigger. It saves buying a seperate car seat. Smyths have fairly good deals on at the minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->