buying baby stuff for other people

spicyorange

Reaction score
Today I have to go and buy a present for my friend who has just had a baby boy. Part of me is really happy for an excuse to spend ages looking at baby stuff but part wishes it was for me. In these situations do you love the excuse or does it just fuel your broody frustration?

I love it. Baby clothes are just so cute :)

I often wave cute baby clothes in my poor hubby's face!

My dh doesn't see how baby clothes are cute.he understands that babies are but not the vue little babygrows

Today I have to go and buy a present for my friend who has just had a baby boy. Part of me is really happy for an excuse to spend ages looking at baby stuff but part wishes it was for me. In these situations do you love the excuse or does it just fuel your broody frustration?

Both. When the baby bug bit me again last fall, and DH was not on board, I had to secretly pine and then my BFF (cousin) became pregnant. I was SO OBER happy for her, but inside I was dying. I mean I helped with her baby shower and had a blast helping and at the actual party, and when Coraline was born, I love holding her.....but inside I felt like I was crying. BUT I know I have my DS already and he is my world and if DH never came on board at least I had a healthy little boy to still pour ALL my attention into.

Now he is on board, I am still the same, but I am more okay now. Its been over a year wanting another, so I got used to it.

Just know that each reaction is OKAY and there is NOTHING wrong with either. :)

I actually dont enjoy buying baby stuff for other people at all. But I love buying things for my own secret stash!

I love buying baby stuff. I've only been super clucky for like a year (before that I was always ambivalent on the idea of kids), and as soon as I chose a date for trying my husband was on board, so I'm not at the point yet where I begrudge anyone their pregnancy/baby stuff, I'm still just super excited for my friends having babies! :haha: I understand though if you've been waiting for ages or had everyone around you get pregnant or had the TTC date pushed back and back that it would get harder and harder though.

I love it!!

Although (admission time) I wouldn't buy something I'd want to put my baby in :blush:

Both! Especially coz the stuff I have to buy for others is not stuff I would ever use. I'd want to buy them cloth nappies and a sling but nobody wants that.

My friend, when she had her son, planned on using cloth. So I bought her a really cute nappy as part of her present for $20. She used cloth for about 2 weeks and gave up because he boyfriend found it 'too confusing' (they were all in ones!). So I don't think it even got used. I just kept thinking, well I should've kept the nappy for myself! And I almost cried when it got posted to my house...so cute and tiny.

Can't wait til we are all shopping for ourselves!!

before i had my first i used to love the excuse to wander down the baby aisles and spend ages choosing the perfect gift, i used to always buy stuff that i wished was for my own babies. this has worked well because now i do have my own babies some of my friends/family have handed down the stuff i bought them - winner! lol

i used to sometimes sneek something extra in the basket for my secret stash. was so exciting when i actually had my babies and they could use the little babygrows i bought ages before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->