Buying baby stuff

ILoveMySeabee

Reaction score
Have you bought any baby stuff? If so what do you have?

I planned on starting a little daycare a while back so I went on craigslist and bought some stuff pretty cheap but then DH got sick and of course with him doing chemo I couldn't have a bunch of kids around him so I didn't get to do that. My sister had a baby in April so when she comes over she uses the stuff but I will probably keep it for my baby too (if its all still in good shape). Also my sister is saving all her baby stuff for me she has already given me clothes.

I bought a few things new too mostly just clothes...after I lost my husband I became obsessed with any baby item that had the word "daddy" or Superman (I called husband Superman) in it so I have about 30-40 different outfits (boys and girls) ranging from newborn to 3t. I also have a bunch of outfits I got from the goodwill that are just in a basket (new ones are hanging in closet)

Anyway now that I am pursuing IVF I am thinking about buying a crib, changing table and dresser.. I know seeing those things in the babys room will make me feel more positive like ok this is real and its going to happen (hopefully)...I have enough money for a few rounds of IVF so I am thinking my chances should be pretty good but if it doesn't happen then what?? I know I will be a mother someday even if its through adoption but if it were through adoption I think it would be foster to adopt so chances are it would be an older child and obviously they wouldn't need a crib.

The things I have so far

Clothes (for both sexes)
Swing (broken in the move but will be replaced)
Bumbo (purple but could get a cover if I have a boy)
Jumperoo
Pack-n-play (2 one pooh pink and one animals and blue)
Exersaucer/Jumper
Highchair
Stroller

I bought a few pieces of clothing but no big stuff.
I think it would be too hard to get rid of if it all failed.

I haven't bought anything, but I love baby stuff. Especially clothes and shoes, as you can find soooo many adorable things in shops!

I've slowly bought bits and pieces over the years (we have a spare room that is already earmarked as the "baby's" room) because I don't want the sudden financial worries of having to buy everything at once. I've left many things for when I'm pregnant with a baby that will hopefully go to term, but if I see something in the sale or on offer I generally pick it up. Pretty much all of my big furniture is bought - cot, changer etc. I also had a dream pram that I knew I'd have to have (I worked selling pushchairs/prams/strollers etc, so I got to test out each one) that costs a massive amount brand new, so when I saw it for less than half of its RRP on eBay I bought it and store it in that room too. :flower:

For me as well it's wanting a certain quality that I know I wouldn't be able to afford all at once, but I can if I get it piece by piece over months and months. I am also likely to be a high risk pregnancy so I plan to really ease off of work when pregnant (I'm self employed) so I'd rather not have the stress of having to get everything all at once then either, particularly when money slows down!

I don't think it's for everyone but it makes me feel proactive and helps keep me positive! (Plus I like to sniff out bargains!) :haha:

I dont have anything big either, I bought a set of 2 newborn mittens when we first started trying, they were on offer and I couldn't resist. Their like my little charm I suppose to conceive a boy, but now id be happy with any sex, 1 pair are light blue and the other are white with blue stars :blush:

I've brought a cute hat and mittens today as a mark of faith and positive thinking that my baby is coming. Been ttc for 2 years and had 1 miscarriage last year. I am practicing positive thinking and visualisation and this od part of it. Xxx

I'm the opposite, I've given all of dd stuff away (except her cot) even tho we are trying for baby number 2 as I have helped out friends that are already currently expecting. To be honest tho we won't be buying as much next time round

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->