Buying baby stuff!

M

MegGriffin

When is everyone planning on buying everything they need for baby? clothes, crib, buggy etc etc.

I'm 18 weeks and I was thinking around week 30...is that too late do you think? Really don't want to jinx anything so was thinking of waiting as late as possible.

what's everyone's plans?

x

Ive been buying things since 4 weeks. I dont believe in 'jinxing' anything. What will be will be. Buying something isnt suddently going to change life/fate etc.

Im now 15 weeks and have nearly everything I need and just keep topping up on nappies and clothing etc. Its personal choice hun
X

I have 13.5 weeks to go and am starting to worry we're running out of time (money wise) so I am glad we started sooner rather than later. Like previous poster said, buying things isnt going to change the outcome xx

I've waited as long as possible too. We were given a few things before now but we've been waiting to buy everything else. I don't think it's jinxing it buying stuff before but I didn't want to buy everything then have weeks and weeks of having nothing to do. I did get my travel system this week and will start getting things slowly over the following weeks. x

I know buying things isn't going to change the outcome - but it IS a personal choice and I personally feel like I don't want to jinx anything or have loads of baby stuff in the house in case something bad happens (god forbid) I would'nt wantto have to look at lots of baby stuff around me. I'm not criticising anyone that has bought stuff already - hence why I asked the question, what's everyone's thoughts and plans. Everyone does things their own way - it was just a question and MY personal comment/feelings.

we're planning to wait til after 24 weeks roughly. not too early not too late

We've bought a couple of bits... a couple of babygros, some mittens & hats and 2 sleeping bags. But that's it...

We're saving hard though, so that after the 20 week scan, we will be able to start buying stuff properly. I think I'll feel much more comfortable doing it then.

Horrible, but.. I haven't bought a single thing. I was given tons of bottles that were never used, hundred and hundreds of items of clothing until shes about 9 months, a bouncy seat and a rocker. OHs Mum bought her bedding set and travel system already. I think we are waiting til after my baby shower to buy anything. I'll be 34 weeks.. It just makes sense to us. My Dad is buying the crib and mattress, so that's taken care of.

I have almost everything i need now! :) all we have left to do is the nursery. I wanted to spread the cost and have a few months to spare to save a lump sum of money at the end aswell.

Horrible, but.. I haven't bought a single thing. I was given tons of bottles that were never used, hundred and hundreds of items of clothing until shes about 9 months, a bouncy seat and a rocker. OHs Mum bought her bedding set and travel system already. I think we are waiting til after my baby shower to buy anything. I'll be 34 weeks.. It just makes sense to us. My Dad is buying the crib and mattress, so that's taken care of.

Doesn't sound horrible - it sounds like you are very lucky :flower:

I have just started buying things now at 24 weeks. started with a few clothes going to look at prams tomorrow. We have already decorated the nursery and we already had the furniture. i think it comesd own to whenever you feel comfortable. i didnt buy anything until after the 20 week scan but i am now startiting to panic a bit.

I started buying things at 7 weeks! Just a couple of outfits. Now I have a few sleep sacks, a couple sleepers and a playard with a removable bassinet on top that I plan on having in my living room. Still need a separate bassinet for the bedroom. Already have a crib from my mom, just need to buy the mattress.

We plan on buying the majority of the clothes once we know the gender, and we are also planning on cloth diapering after the first month or so (once the regular size ones start to fit), so we have to start buying those. My mom has already bought a box of disposable diapers for right after baby is born!

We have already bought all of our large items and have bought many of our smaller items as well. We have put everything on hold for now for when baby shower arrives in late July when mom is here. I want to have everything bought by 8 months and finished and ready to go so can just rest and not have to stress over things need to get. There is no correct or wrong time to buy though. As long as you have the necessities before baby arrives can buy whenever you want. Everyone is different. Some I know want to wait till right before due and that is up to them.

I have started buying a few items and doing research on other items. We have a few outfits, 2 boxes of diapers and wipes because they were on MEGA sale. I have my stroller picked out and probably will buy it in late July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->