Buying clothes for newborn

new mummy h

First little princess!!!!
Reaction score
how many sleep suits do you think we'll need?????????

all the ones ive got at the mo are up to 3 months, so i think theyll be too big to start off!

so just spent £50 on Next.co.uk on sleepsuits for newborn lol! i duno if theyll last long or not - so we put vests on them aswell or just a romper suit???

i have no clue! :haha:

xxxx

I plan on always putting vests on for the nappy aswel as warmth, I have ended up with loads of sleepsuits i get the tesco ones £4 for 2!! they grow out of them so quick i reckon theres no point in paying lots. I think in newborn size i must have about 8. Thats just a guess of the top of my head iv got more in 0-3 and in 3-6 i think i have 5 or 6 i dont think ill need more than ten as they will be getting washed obviously :thumbup:

xxxx

i always put a vest under both sleepsuits and day clothes

not sure how many we need exactly, i have a drawer full of newborn and 0-3 months but only coz my gran bought some and i was buying them too but yeah i would say in the winter you will prob need a vest on all the time, so 2-3-4 per day depending on nappy leakages lol

jees sounds like a right waffle, hope it makes a bit of sense

Think I have about 8 0-3 months sleepsuits don't know how much I will need guess when baby arrives will buy more if needed

are the vests the ones that clip over the nappy aswell???

sorry i honestly dont know lol!!
xxxx

Like sweetie_c, I've got around 8 sleepsuits 0-3 months. They are also from Tesco, didn't want to spend too much at this point. Vests are also important for keeping the baby warm and cosy, I may have about the same amoung as the sleepsuits.

The good thing about baby clothes is that they dry fast on the heaters during this time of the year.

thanks lol, i need to get some vests now lol!

i prob got about 15 different sleepsuits for £50 which isnt bad really! £3 each??

xx

Yeah vests have the little popperso on them that clip over the nappy :) £3 a sleepsuit i say is good! mothercare is waaaay more for a single sleepsuit

xx

We went round all the charity shops the other day and got loads of baby clothes - most of which were 20p each! should be good after a wash :)

ive not bought much in the shops - i always get off the internet! someone on ebays doing £7.99 for 12 muslin squares too so ive got a pack of them! x

- so we put vests on them aswell or just a romper suit???

xxxx

It goes nappy,then vest,then sleepsuit :)
For warmth and for comfort :) Especially in this country where its pretty chilly all year round!
They wear the vests until they're potty trained which is when you switch over to like proper vests,with no poppers.
xxxxxx

- so we put vests on them aswell or just a romper suit???

xxxx

It goes nappy,then vest,then sleepsuit :)
For warmth and for comfort :) Especially in this country where its pretty chilly all year round!
They wear the vests until they're potty trained which is when you switch over to like proper vests,with no poppers.
xxxxxx

thank you :D lol!!
i think i may actually have these vests now im looking at pictures of them! lol
i really need to go through my stuff haha

getting it all sorted this weekend so i can feel more organised! xxx

Ive got about 15 sleepsuits and 15 vests in newborn, its amazing how many you go througj with wet nappies and sick, lol.

What size did you get off next upto 1 month?

All my sleepsuits are Next and I think there worth the extra money they are good quality and wash really well too - plus the built in scratchmits are very handy x

Ive got about 15 sleepsuits and 15 vests in newborn, its amazing how many you go througj with wet nappies and sick, lol.

What size did you get off next upto 1 month?

All my sleepsuits are Next and I think there worth the extra money they are good quality and wash really well too - plus the built in scratchmits are very handy x

yeh i got them ones with built-in mittens lol!
i got some newborn (about 3) and the rest are up to 1 month - just incase shes big lol!
i think next ones will last too being washed all the time lol xxx

i got some of these - https://www.next.co.uk/shopping/girls/newborn/19/1
and some other coloured patten ones - then just some of these ones https://www.next.co.uk/shopping/girls/newborn/5/4

got this in 0-3 https://www.next.co.uk/shopping/girls/newborn/5/5
and this in newborn - :D https://www.next.co.uk/shopping/girls/newborn/5/6

awww they are all so cute :)

mine are mostly from supermarket coz i picked them up when shopping lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583