Buying for baby

firsttime83

Reaction score
So I've had the nursery ready for a few months, it was the first thing I did. But every time I buy something everyone gets all crazy... "Wait for your showers!!!!" I hate depending on people to buy what we need and I can't help but stock up on clothes.

How is everyone else managing the buying, but not too much dilemma?

Since you know the sex you will get a TON of clothes at your shower, I promise! But yea I had a hard time not buying things too ... just keep the receipts in case you want to return anything :)

I only brought the bare min and those bits that I really couldn't resist :), but it's so hard not to buy things. I've got so much that's been given to us I look at it and I'm grateful now as there's no room for anything else :). X

We don't have the money to really buy anything as this was not plan! So I have to wait till after my shower then get things we NEED :/

I was really hopping we would have some money saved up as our little ones are always asurprise

As hard as it was, I did wait until my shower to buy very much. I did buy a few clothes here and there, but tried to have some restraint. I hesitate to buy a lot of clothes, because I don't know the size he'll be at birth or how fast he will grow. Also, people love to give clothes as gifts - either newly bought or hand-me-downs - and I've heard from friends that their babies grew so quickly that they didn't even have a chance to wear all the clothes they had accumulated.
I don't think you have to wait for your shower necessarily, but maybe only have items on your registry that you don't mind waiting to have. And as someone else said, save the receipts! I actually don't think I'll be making any returns because I didn't really have people double up on the gifts, and because I waited until after the shower to do my own shopping. It does actually make more work for you if you have to make returns, so there's that. I'm still not buying too much, because some people might give their gifts once the baby arrives. Also I want to wait and see what we want/need once baby is here. Don't want to spend a lot of money on stuff that we won't even use.
Anyway, that's my windy stance on the subject! Hahaha! Do what you want to do! It's a mama's prerogative! xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->