Buying Pregnancy Tests...Etiquette

fairydust

Reaction score
Hi All,

I went to Boots yesterday to buy a couple of HTPs but felt like a naughty school girl! The lady serving me kept looking at me wierd...maybe i was imaging it but i felt my face flush! I was telling myself off in my head saying i had nothing to be ashamed of but i still felt it! :oops:

I normally get mine off the internet but could wait! So seriously...is there any unwritten etiquette when buying HTPs that i dont know about??? :blush:

i feel weird when i buy them too, how weird is that lol

go somewhere with self checkouts i think!!!!!

I was wondering this the other day prev i have sent the OH to buy (arent i mean) but i need to buy some on friday and they are on special offer then... what do you thing they are going to think of me stocking up......crazy lady

I always pick up mine whilst doing the shopping, throw it in the shopping trolley with the rest of the stuff lol

The one time i did have to ask for them, in Asda, the young lady asked if i thought i was pregnant and i told her we were trying. She then asked if it was our first and i answered "it's about a fifth!" - what a prat i must have sounded, either that or a really terrible mother who couldn't remember how many kids i'd got!

Hi there!
I feel the same when I buy them....its almost as embarrassing to me as buying condoms!!
But we should be marching to the counter with heads held high as it is our right to buy them!!! Girl power and all that!! Maybe I will take some of my own advice next time I am standing there going red!!! :)

I can guarentee you most shop assistants would have seen more embarassing things that a person buying HPTs....if they even notice at all. I mean if you think about the amount of stuff they ring up in a day it is probably all a blur. I thought I was funny the one day buying HPTs, tampons and a BIG bar of chocolate. Hedging my bets!

it must really be diffrent over there than here in the states.. over here i dont think alot of us care what others think..:haha: maybe if we did then it could be akward.:blush:. now i'm gonna be nervous the next time i go in to get another one.. hehehe. oh well it's life i guess!:shrug:

2016 ha ha that must of looked so funny, love it x

I most certainly am guarenteed to run into somebody I know when I decide to buy the buggers! And we only live in a very small country town!!:wacko: I bought a heap online this time to save getting "The Look" and saved a packet in the process!

I buy them when I go grocery shopping. I normally hide the test under the food. I have no clue why I get so embarrassed, it's quite silly when I think about it.

The other day I bought some with some Durex play heat lube stuff *thought it would be fun over xmas* we have never tried anything like that.....I had to get the elderly lady too....My friend also bought the Durex stuff, when we were queing, she said " We have nothing to be embarrassed about we are married for goodness sake, if we can't have a bit of fun now, when can we (also applies to long term relationships, the types where you are trying for a baby).

I get embarrassed because I assume they will assume it is obviously an accident, when I want to shout from the roof top......."LET THIS BE OUR MONTH....Pleaseeeee"

Hi hun,

I feel exactly the same as you I go bright read and feel like i'm being stared at but I don't think they think anything if you think about how much stuff they put through the till. I buy them in bulk from the internet!! xx

I still have this to look forward to. I can imagine how embarrassed I'm gonna be, come to think of it that's actually part of last nights dream...

I actually drove 30 minutes away from where I live to pick some up so I wouldn't run into anyone I knew. We aren't telling anyone we are trying, so I didn't want to risk it. Felt a bit silly, but I would rather feel silly than answer a million questions.

I sometimes think that the shop assistant will never know the result of the tests bought, and wonder if they are ever curious what the result was!! Or maybe that would just be me if I was a shop assistant!

wait til you lot are in labour and everyone on the nhs payroll gets a look up your fanny :rofl: buying hpt's will suddenly not seem quite so mortifying!!

wait til you lot are in labour and everyone on the nhs payroll gets a look up your fanny :rofl: buying hpt's will suddenly not seem quite so mortifying!!

I feel the same way. Get all flushed and feel like I'm doing something naughty. I've commented on this to my family and they have said exactly what DragonMummy has said. :dohh:

I'm nearly 33 years old and the cow at the register gave me a dirty look last time I bought a test. Oh she made me mad! I looked her dead in the eye and raised one eye brow at her, like Excuse me? It's not like my 13 year old was the one asking for the test! Maybe I should fart in her general direction next time I am in there so she has a reason to give me a dirty look.

i send oh to get my tests and he usually ends up going to asda where we both work!!!! everyone knows were trying but when im in work and people are asking me what the result was it kinda pisses me off but makes me laugh at the same time

my OH has no shame what so ever so i will send him to get some. i have went myself and end up getting all flustered for some reason but like it's been said - it's not anything to be ashamed about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->