Buying things for the little one ...

Pixie

Reaction score
We haven't bought anything for the little one yet - we might go into Mothercare tomorrow and pick up some baby grows. I know it prob sounds silly but I am scared to buy anything - after 2 previous losses I am struggling to come to terms that it's actually happening this time ..

How early on did you all start to buy things for your baby??

xxx

We havent bought anything for our little one yet, purely because we are having major regeneration work done in our upstairs rooms and attic so are waiting for that to be completed (which hopefully should be the end of next week!!).

Family and friends have bought us little pieces like clothing and blankets but are currently keeping them until we have a mess free house to keep them in.

I understand how you feel, I had a miscarriage before this one and everytime I went to buy something for the baby I just couldn't. I ended up with some white babygrows at about 15/16 weeks I think. When I had my 20 week scan and found out we were having a boy and that all looked ok with him I then went and bought a few things in blue and since then I've gradually bought more and more.

I've still got a lot of the 'big' stuff to buy though.

I think you'll just buy things when you feel ready to hun.

Congrats on your LO by the way :happydance: x

I know how you feel - I had a mc before this pregnancy and part of me still hasn't grasped that in 3 months I will finally have my Bug! But I was determined that it wasn't going to taint my pregnancy this time, and we bought one white outfit after the 12 week scan and then at 16 weeks bought the pram, car seat and nursery furniture as it was on offer. After the 20 week scan we went crazy and now have nearly everything we need for our little girl - her nursery is getting decorated now!

Everyone is different, that was my way of dealing with it and it made me feel happier being positive but I totally understand where you are coming from! Do what makes you feel comfortable!

xxx

I did buy a few bits around 14 weeks, but really started buying around 16 weeks (when i had my gender scan). I can understand you being a bit dubious if you have lost babies before, but stay positive hun, you are past the highest risk time now. :hug:

Hi

I had a m/c before this pregnancy, and am having a few problems with this one, though hopefully all will be ok. So i'm not buying anything until i get to 24 weeks, even though i've earmarked what i want on line!

Then, let the shopping commence!!

I had bought a few things whilst ttc:blush:

But since having our scan bought more things especially if they were in a sale etc....Iknew exactly what I liked and didnt. We are leaving buying buggy til January sales and other stuff like bedding.

I hope you are able to start shopping and enjoying it soon.

:hugs:

Emma.xx

I started buying baby clothes before we even got pregnant , I didnt buy the big stuff untill a few weeks after getting my bfp , I was so excited I just couldnt wait .

I bought a little sumthin after my 12 weeks scan, but wont buy anythin till i have my 20 week one as it still hasnt sun in that its for real! x

Thanks everyone - I think we will start to buy a few small things over the next few weeks and then all systems go after the 20 week scan!!! xx

:hug:

Well this thread made me and my o/h go a wander into town and have a look in a wonderful shop which sells lots of baby brands such as mamas and papas and mothercare etc....

OMG I was in heaven, so we have picked and ordered the cot bed and furniture and also picked the colour scheme and theme for the room.... I forgot that shopping could make me me soooo good lol.

Well, being slightly superstitious (as is my mum) I didnt buy anything till after the 20 weeks, but most of the shopping i did at 34 weeks, by which time i had had my baby shower and had saved up so was ready to buy what i needed and wouldnt have too much of one thing. There's still plenty of time to buy stuff, if you feel you should'nt buy anything just yet dont.

we never really bought anything for Lilly until after the 20 week scan and even then we only really went for neutral stuff incase the scan was wrong so on that front i can understand you not wanting to buy stuff.

Its hard to explain but i think you should buy some things if you want to :)

I'm sorry to hear about your prior mc's.:hug: I can understand why you hesitate to start buying just yet, but you are past the highest risk stage, so that should give you some relief. You can start with the small stuff for now and wait for the bigger ones later, if you want.

I'm due in March, and I've been told by friends and relatives that they're planning on having baby showers (yaay!) for me sometime in the next month or so, so I'm waiting for that first.

I doubt we'll be getting any of the big stuff from the showers though so we're definitely putting those in our budget. We're thinking of buying the crib, etc, sometime in December. We won't be having a separate nursery for our LO so we have to plan our way around how to fit everything in our room!

I started at 13 weeks when I had my first scan

I started before I even got pregnant. There was an amazing convertible solid wood crib in airmiles so we used ours and got that. And I have bought things here and there since then. Today we bought our keepsake shoes (gucci's) and our first family heirloom (tiffany's silver rattle). These are the only silly type things we will buy and after scan it will just be practical things.

I haven't bought anything yet. Partially because my pregnancy is high risk, and partially because I don't know all of what I've got around here, and also partially because I've just had NO TIME! argh. Life is busy with 2 little ones. I've got all the big stuff already from my other kids, just have no clothes. If I manage to make it out tomorrow without the kids, I think I just might allow myself to buy a little outfit for the bean!

Like Kateqpr, because of a previous miscarriage, I've waited. But as I'm a couple weeks away from third tri, I think its about time to get going on that! I've got one whole onesie. One. But its pink and says "snuggle bunny" on it, which is what I call things I like t ocuddle with eg. OH, the cat...now baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->