buying

When ever you like!
Personally id prefer to get it done before getting too close to due date, then you would have a bit more energy to go around the shops.

i started buying things as soon as i had got past the 12 week mark. i had everything by the time i was 20 weeks.

Most people start after 12 weeks :D

I had everything brought and all ready in the baby's room by about 20 - 24 weeks as I was too excited to leave it much longer :rofl:

I'd recommend buying mostly everything a few weeks before your due date like the other girls have said

Sorry i'm not much help :lol: x x

I haven't bought anything yet, but then again have got lots of stuff from DD1. Will probably go on a shopping spree when I start my maternity leave eight weeks from now.

I am 18.5 weeks and am waiting until after my anatomy scan. It's on Tues, so only a few more days!! Yay! I can't wait to design the nursey and pick our colours:)

I'm dying to start shopping and decorating and organizing - but how do you do that before you know the gender?? I'm not big on gender neutral. I've got two more months until I'll know. Booooooooo.....

I am 18.5 weeks and am waiting until after my anatomy scan. It's on Tues, so only a few more days!! Yay! I can't wait to design the nursey and pick our colours:)

I'm waiting on my anatomy scan to confirm I'm having a girl like I was told but I've started to buy things that don't require gender, like baby carriers or bed or nursing tanks, maybe a breast pump or things like that you can start with. Also maybe a few gender neutral outfits?

Wearer staying team yellow like we did with our little girl so we have everything gender neutral for first size stuff, I have bought just a couple of sets of onesies. We don't have much to buy as still have everything, just need a new Moses basket mattress.

Any time you like :)

The main thing holding us back last time was we had nowhere to put the stuff until we cleared out our junk room and decorated it. I think we were done by 34 weeks?

Nothing bought for this LO yet, to be honest we have everything, team yellow both times do I have a lot of gender neutral first sizes. Only thing is a Moses basket so we can have one upstairs and one down. I'll get new bottle teats too.

We started shopping sometime after my 12 week ultrasound. Within the last couple weeks, we've gotten quite a few of the bigger things we needed (crib, car seat, stroller). Before 12 weeks, we bought a couple little things here and there, but didn't do any serious shopping. Now we're hoping to get everything done before I get to 35 weeks because I probably won't want to do a whole lot by that point. :haha:

We weren't worried about knowing the gender before buying because all of the big stuff we want to be neutral since we plan on having another child within the next couple years, so I want to be able to reuse all of our baby gear. Things like clothes we wanted to know the gender for, though.

Whenever you feel ready to :) I started buying things at 12 weeks, by 24 weeks 99% of what we need had been ordered and delivered, the last thing to arrive was our co sleeper last week.

theres no written rule... you can buy whenever.

first baby i started buying stuff around 10ish weeks. same with second. this one, 7 weeks.

My family is super superstitious.

So I'll start buying things just before baby arrives (and those would be major ones, like car seat and buggy). Also first necessity stuff: some nappies, clothes, etc.

And the rest probably my mum will buy once I have the baby.

Silly, I know... But saves me up a lot of arguing :dohh::haha::cry:

I still have my DD's cot, pram and carseat ... all these we bought gender neutral as we were team yellow

my DH bought 2 babygrows and a few vests last week .... BTW he is convinced its a boy ... I want to stay team yellow this time too but he wants to find out ...

we'll probably buy more once we know the gender

Aye my family is superstitious too but only with pram etc it can't be in house. I'll get cot etc in house after 24-30 weeks but not pram. Funny thing superstitions x

im almost 19 weeks and ive brought the basics no clothes yet, i dont get my anatomy scan till im 22 weeks.

It would be best to have necessities like: crib/bassinet, stroller, car seat, diaper/sanitary stuff bought by 30 weeks. You should also make sure you have a couple of preemie outfits (leave the tags on if anything) and at least 5 or 6 newborn outfits by the time you hit 30 weeks. Just so you are well prepared. Have your baby bag and hospital bag ready by 34 weeks and in your trunk, lol.

I bought most of my son's wardrobe by the time I was 28 weeks. Friends and family also gifted a loooot of clothes. Wish I hadn't bought so many! A lot of it he only wore once or twice and it went to waste. I would suggest buying a 5 or 6 sleepers, 2 casual outfits for sure (at the minimum) before baby comes. Rest you or your hubby can order online once baby comes. Children's place does 2 or 3 day delivery. If you have a lot of friends and family you are bound to get a lot of clothes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->