(c sect) how long was hosp stay?

foreverfairy

Reaction score
Hi iwas just wondering how long you had to stay in hosp after ur op? my last was two nights but that was nearly 4v years ago and iv heard they like to chuck you out earlier now?

I left on day 3 although against advise they wanted 5 days.

I was in the night before because of the gestational diabetes (they had to keep me on an insulin drip) but after the actual c-section I was in hospital for 27 hours! It was my 2nd section, the first 13 years ago was an emergency one.
In Basildon hospital once you can get up and about and have produced 3 wee samples and eaten and drunk something, it's home time lol

EMCS at 18.56 on sunday and i went home at 13.00 on tuesday. I could have stayed longer but i want to go and they were happy with me and Tristan

3 full days! I went in on the Monday, had lo on Tues in the early hours and left at 8pm on the thursday.

I had an emergency section on the Sunday afternoon and went home the following Saturday!!!! They weren't even keen to let me out then but I insisted! I did have very severe pre eclampsia though, so there was a lot more to keep an eye on with me. xx

I got to go home on the third day. I was induced and had to have an emergency c-section. They wanted to keep me one more day, but i really wanted to go home! :)

I stayed in for four nights and it was awful! I hated every minute of my hospital stay!!

Had her Saturday afternoon and was out tuesday morning they wanted me longer as i had been having IV antibiotics but i begged they said normaly its 5 days !!

I was in for 24 hours at the first hospital. I could have gone home, but opted to transfer to a birthing centre for a further night to help with breast feeding, which was a complete waste of time.

I had Ryan by planned section on the tues morning and they would have let me go home on the thurs at lunchtime. I didn't really feel ready as it was my first baby and I still wasn't happy with bf so I got transferred to my local birth centre for a further night.

Isabella was born at 22.15 on the Tuesday evening by emergency c-section, and I went home on Thursday lunchtime. I felt ready to go home by the wednesday evening, but I'd only just finished IV antibiotics and we were still waiting for a paediatrics review and hearing test, so we stayed another night.

I was in for 5 days as I had an emergency c section and I lost a lot of blood, 2 litres apparantly, also I picked up an infection due to them leaving me so long when my waters had gone. I absolutely hated it in there, I wanted to leave on day 3 but they wouldn't let me.

everyones stay varys then.Cant believe some of you had 5 days! thats ages.i just remember being desperate to go home last time.I hope if everything ok i wont have to stay too long

I was in for 5 days, but me and baby both had a temperature so needed antibiotics and she was also jaundiced and had to go under the lamps.

i was sent home after 48 hrs, tbh i could of done with staying in longer but they seem to not be able to wait to get u out

I had section @ 11.00am on the Thursday and left hospital at 7pm on the Saturday. I could have stayed longer if I wanted but I wanted to get home x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->