(c sect) how long was hosp stay?

Mine was a planned section this time went in on tuesday LO was born at 11:34am and i was home Thursday lunch time. Brilliant experience this time around. I loved being in hospital!

on my first i did stay 5days,second one 3days,third i dont know yet how long iam gonna stay

Mine was EMCS and I was in 8 nights and didn't want to leave in the end.

On day 3 I was still using a wheelchair to get up and down to the special care baby unit so I've no idea how they would've expected me to leave hospital and look after a baby at that stage if everything had been 'normal'.

due to it being my 3rd section i only has stay 2 days, me and LO were also doing very well so they let me go (even if they didnt i would have discharged myself once baby was discharged) i hated it this time around, it was one of the hottest days of the year and they had the heating on full blast, i woke the first night with beads of sweat running down my face, even LO only had a vest on and she had just been born it was horrendous i couldnt wait to leave TBH and i dont mind the hosp stay normally as its quite nice being waited on :haha: xxx

I was in for 6 days, and as much as I wanted to get home, I would have happily stayed a few more days. The staff at the hospital were amazing, and I did have a private room. If I was in a ward or shared room, I'm sure I would have wanted out ASAP.

I had a EMCS because LO's head got severaly stuck, so stuck that even in surgery they had a hard time getting him out. When they finally got him out it ripped up both sides of my uterus. This made the recovery long and painful. When I did get home, I really missed the hospital bed. I needed help to get out of bed at home for over a week.

With my 1st, induction was started at 8pm on 19/08/08, EMCS done at 00:20 on 21/08, discharged at 4pm on 23/08/08.

With my 2nd, ELCS done at 2.47pm on 28/04/11, discharged at 4pm on 30/04/11.

I stayed 2 nights. I had him on friday morning at 8am n was discharged at 4pm Sunday. I hated being in the hospital I couldnt rest. Being home has been great.

I had a planned section at 4:01pm on the Friday and was home Monday night. I pushed to go home. Alex had been in the NICU for monitoring and there were no complications with his heart that they could see so I didn't want to be in the hospital anymore.

I was induced on Monday, EMCS on Tuesday, was there Wednesday and Thursday. They wanted me to stay until Friday but I flat out freakin' refused. They were GOD AWFUL. They never changed my catheter, never helped me change my pads, I was furious. I discharged myself also because I knew I would be more comfortable at home and I was. :D :flow:

Admitted to be induced wed lunchtime, has emcs 1pm Friday, got out of hospital at 1pm on the Tuesday. She had jaudice and I lost 2.5lts of blood. But I was happy to stay til they thought it was right for me to go home. I'm glad I waited as it meant I was almost fully mobile for home. Missed my husband dreadfully tho! :( xx

I was admitted after antenatal appointment on the Tuesday due to high blood pressure - induced on Wednesday. Hannah was born Thursday evening by emergency C section. We were discharged on Monday afternoon. We had to wait for Hannah's blood results, and her baby check before we could go, and the longer the day went on my blood pressure started going up so that had to be monitored too! Eventually the consultant came to see me and she thought I'd been discharged the day before!!!

lily was born friday at 15.03 and i left monday tea time... mine was an emergency c section and because of the steroids they gave me thursday lunch and night time i went into a diabetic ketoneacidosis (my blood went acidic) which ive had before and its horrible! (hence the c section at 36+4). i left on day 4 as i was trying to breastfeed but they gave up on me and discharged me.... im glad cuz i wanted to go home..but they wouldnt let me take a midwife! lol
also lily had to have trips to neonatal for antibiotics over a 48 hour period and then had to wait for her blood results to show that there was no culture growth....thats when they said we could go home... i think they were making sure she was ok and because she wasnt admitted to neonatal that we would both go home together

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->