C Section Birth Story with pics

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by lilbeanfolk, Nov 15, 2011.

1. lilbeanfolk

lilbeanfolk Well-Known Member

Well, it's been a week since I finally got to meet my little princess. We were schedule for a c section Nov 7th because LO decided she wanted to come into the world breech. I was very nervous about it, but really there was no other choice, she had not changed positions in weeks! So got lots done the Saturday before, got a pedicure so my toes would look good, hair colored, house cleaned etc. About 1 am on Sunday Nov 6th I kept getting woken up by abdominal cramps, tried to go back to sleep because I thought I just had indigestion from the taco's we'd had at lunch. Got up to use the bathroom about 5 times in three hours wishing I would get sick and be done with the cramps. About 4 am couldn't stay still and got up. Noticed these "cramps" were coming and going very regularly now that I was totally awake and aware. So started timing them, they were every 5-8 min lasting 50-90 sec, then went to the bathroom and noticed bloody discharge. That was when I woke my husband and called the hospital, they told me to come in but take my time. Now planner that I am, I had not packed my bag!!! So took a shower and slowly packed between contractions. I thought for sure they were going to tell me I was just having gas and send me home :) Got to the hospital and they checked me, I was 3cm dilated!!! Was so proud!! BUT she's breech so, they called my doc at 7:10 am and that was when chaos erupted. The nurse promptly came back and said, "you're going for a section, docs on her way" to which I asked when?? The nurse said 8:30... YIKES an hour!! So then in 30 min I was prepped with an IV, ultrasound to make sure she was still breech, consents, a spinal block, catheter and on the table!! The section was not as bad as I thought it would be especially since I didn't have time to think or dwell on the "what if's" or what was going to happen, I was a little scared, it was my first surgery but all went well and my precious beautiful baby was born Nov 6th, at 9:24 am weighing 7lbs 14oz and 19 1/2 inches long. I didn't think I'd cry when I saw her, but couldn't contain my wonder or joy that she was okay, and the fact that we'd made it. I've never ever felt such love and the shear sight of anything in my life, but it was love at first sight. She's doing well, doesn't want to latch to breastfeed for anything, so we're pumping and feeding as she was loosing way too much weight. I am healing from the section, thank goodness for pain medication and a husband who is the best ever, don't know what I would do without him. So all in all a positive experience, and I got the best gift ever, my Brianne Elizabeth. Good luck to all you ladies, enjoy the miracle.
    https://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/bookaholicca/201.jpghttps://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/bookaholicca/IMG_3043.jpghttps://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/bookaholicca/IMG_3005.jpghttps://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/bookaholicca/IMG_3065.jpghttps://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/bookaholicca/IMG_3091-2.jpg

2. firstpreg

firstpreg Well-Known Member

Congratulations! great photos!

3. Fruitymeli

Fruitymeli Mum of 3

aww congrats :)

4. young_n_proud

young_n_proud Mommy to four boys

5. Natalie1a

Natalie1a Well-Known Member

She is beautiful! Thank you for your story we were told yesterday that we might be looking at a section delivery on medical grounds so appreciate your story.

Your pics are wonderful too, Nx

6. tink30

tink30 Well-Known Member

shed a tear when i read this and saw the pic...shes beautifull!! :)

7. ashlee23

ashlee23 Well-Known Member

wow shes so so beautiful!!! u must be so proud. congratulations, n thanks for the c-section story. im scheduled for an elective n was scared what wud happen if i went in to labour early xxx

8. lilbeanfolk

If you want more info or have questions I am happy to answer. There were some things I was unprepared for but overall not as bad as I feared plus just holding her makes anything and everything worth it.

9. lilbeanfolk

I was too and had asked the doc 5 days before and she said go to the hospital, but was scared to go and get laughed at if it was just gas. Told the nurses this and they said when in doubt come in as it happens all the time and better to keep the baby safe. Good luck too, you will be fine.

10. Autumntx

Autumntx Well-Known Member

shes gorgeous! great pics! congrats

11. scaredmmy2b

scaredmmy2b Mommy to a perfect son!

Shes beautiful! Thank you for your story!

12. xdxxtx

xdxxtx NTNP

Aww, your baby is so beautiful. Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I'm glad your story is so positive. :)

13. Kristin52

Kristin52 Well-Known Member

awww she's adorable! congrats!

14. BrittneyMom

BrittneyMom Happy Mom of 2

Wow, such beautiful photos... Congrats!!

15. robinator

robinator Guest

Congratulations!!

16. booboo42

booboo42 mummy to twin girls

What a cutie - congrats! X

17. Tantan

Tantan Nathan, Brandon & Bump

Congrats, she is beautiful

18. Emzy1

Emzy1 Well-Known Member

Great photos she is beautiful congratulations :)

19. babyhopes2010

babyhopes2010 one boy one girl.perfect!

Beautiful :cloud9: xxxxxxxx

20. mum2b2009

mum2b2009 mummy of two boys!

shes a beaut..congrats