c section infection?

kayla93

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
I had a c section 8 almost 9 weeks ago due to baby being breech. I noticed at around 4 weeks that the incision had little pockets of pus, so I went into the doctor and he said that it looked like it was just dry and to put lotion on it. I didnt really agree with him but let it go anyway. It continued so I talked to my regular doctor at my 6 week checkup and he said it looked like maybe one of the stitches was irritated, so I let it go again. Now 8 almost 9 weeks postpartum it still gets pockets of pus. There also is a small hole right on the incision. parts of it look like they healed well but other parts look red and there is the one hole. I was just wondering if any of you ladies have had this happen and know what it could be? Ive included a picture so maybe that will help. Thanks in advance ladies

Attachments

• DSCN0241 (600x450).jpg
    DSCN0241 (600x450).jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCN0242 (600x450).jpg
    DSCN0242 (600x450).jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 42
Mine went like this you need to keep the area clean and dry use cotton balls wipe and fling away id advise to get another opinion and ask for swaps to be done i ended up back in hospital 4-5 weeks after my section with a staph infection and cellulitus due to ongoing problems with the wound xx

I'd try using sterile salt water too, clean it like that for a few days and see if it gets any better. If not then defo go back to the doctors. x

That's how mine looked when it was infected, it also had some pus and a small hole. It was infected twice, at 2 weeks pp and 6 weeks pp (think original infection didn't fully clear). Both times I had to take a course of antibiotics and get the wound dressed. I really think you should get a second opinion as my health visitor told me that by six weeks the wound should be completely closed and healed, which mine now is. I was also told to just make sure I rinsed it in the shower and dried it fully.

Yours just looks too red and open for so far pp in my opinion, vases on my own experience of what mine looked like when infected. Good luck, it shouldn't Take much to sort it, mine cleared in days x

I had an infection on mine 10 days pp and went straight to the hospital where they admitted me to the gynae ward. They put me on IV antibiotics to get rid of the infection and I stayed in 3 nights. I do think it looks infected as I don't think it would heal like that. Good luck

i have a small hole like yours in the last part of my incision - i've had a little bit of blood and pus from the hole - i've been to the doctors 3 times and they've taken 2 swabs and they keep saying there is no infection...

i sometimes feel i am bothering the doctors as i keep going back with the exact same complaint but i don't want to miss any infection so they will have to keep taking swabs to keep my mind at ease!

Looks like it might be infected (probably not too bad right now if it gets treated).

I had an infection 2 weeks pp and was given a week long course of antibiotics. Since then I've been making sure to clean the area carefully and dry it, and for the week after the abx I kept a gauze pad in the area to keep it dry.
Went to the doctor on Monday and he said he thinks it's still a little infected, so he gave me some antibacterial cream to put on up to 4 times a day, which also seems to be helping.

Definitely get a second opinion if your doc is saying it's fine.

I started to get the pus at 4 weeks PP (had antibiotics at 2 weeks, for 2 weeks because it started getting red around it). I called the OB and she said just to clean it with hydrogen peroxide several times a day. It does look like the skin is starting to separate now though, so I may have to go in and have her look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->