C-Section Mommies

Mango

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone on here has had a c-section and what your experiences were during your c-section, how it was done, how it felt after. I'm just curious about them and figured why not just ask people who have been through it before.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!:headspin:

I have had two sections, one emergancy, with my first and one planned, with my second. I had really good recoveries with both sections. The first time I was in hospital for four days and the second just 48 hours. My scars are fine and unnoticeable unless I am naked, they are below the bikini line. The hardest thing was not being able to drive, but I got clearance from the doctor after 4 weeks each time.

I had an elective section with Charlie due to acute SPD, and much preferred the recovery of it to the 'natural' birth with Kayleigh.

I was home within 48 hours and hoovering that night!!!:rofl:

Unfortunately, I did do too much and got an infection inside the wound and therefore have a very visible lump above the scar. The doc has said that it is lumpy scar tissue inside and I should hopefully be able to get it removed with my next section. The op itself was fine, even though they couldn't get Charlie out for a while, and then the aneasthetic wore off while they were stitching me up!:wacko: Don't want to alarm you with this, it's just one of those rare things that happened. But like I said, I still preferred it to over 25 hours labour with Kayleigh, then stitches due to an episiotomy.

My sister had a C-section with her little one due to fact she is asthmatic and allergic to the hormone released by the body during pregnancy. The only person I know that this could happen to!!!!!! Anyway she was fine after and left hospital after about 3 days. The only thing she found wierd was knowing when you going to have the baby.
I told her the real reason was that she was too posh to push!!!!!

Sinead

Thanks for your stories ladies! I have been thinking of opting for a c-section, as oppose to pushing. In addition, my placenta is lying low at the moment which may mean I'll have to have a c-section anyway. I'm going to talk with my doc about my options at my next visit and see if he will let me opt for one. A friend of mine is a doula and wants me to desperately have a natural birth but in all honesty I'm not comfortable with that route and I think it's best that I pick what I feel most comfortable with.

WOW you get to choose???

I had my section as an emergency. I did waaaaay too much like Amanda and ended up with infections, and therefore the scarring isnt fab. Im not sure yet if Ill need another one this time round.

A little known fact Hels is that even in the UK, every woman has the right to choose a c section if she wants one. Even though they may try to put you off, if you insist, you get one. And in the States, I think I'm right in saying that they do more sections than vaginal births. (although I may be wrong on that, it just comes across that way on the tv)

i would avoid a c section at all costs, i had one last time, never ever again! they said i may have to have one this time if i dont labour naturally by 41 weeks, :wacko: just praying i labour ok.

they cocked up my epi, and did it twice :wacko: then they gave me too much meds for the spinal block and i stopped breathing as i had no control of my lungs,

Also dont remmeber much of the birth now as it was all rushed as alana was snatched away to have her tummy pumped.

Then i got an infection, and my would re-opened, which was very gory. i spent the first 2 months of my babies life in bed not being able to do much for her and found it sooo hard to bond with her after which i think it had some thing to do with me developing severe PND.

i would rather have tearing or an episotomy and 1 week labour :rofl:

My c-section was fantastic. It's all so quick and painless (at the time) and I was stunned at how quickly you recover. Every hour brings an improvement. We were in hospital for 4 days but that was partly because Charlotte and Tommy were premature.

I found it incredibly exciting and emotional as it was so quick. It feels a bit odd as you do have sensation and can feel tugging. Someone described it to me as washing up inside you and that's about right! :lol: At one point I said to DH "They're putting something back in!".

I'm pretty sure that the c-section contributed to me getting my figure back so quickly too as they stich your muscles back together when they're putting you back together (or so I've been told).

Top tips - don't look up into the reflective light above you and the screen they put up over you is not as high as you think! My DH had to duck down to avoid seeing too much!

I had a c-section and it was pretty painful afterwards. The recovery process wasn't too bad. I could still do normal things, I just had to make sure I took my time when moving around. I couldn't even laugh, because the slightest pressure on my abdomen was extremely painful. It was definitely worth it though...

I stayed in the hospital for 2 days. Had my son on Friday afternoon and got released Sunday morning. I too felt a lot of tugging. It wasn't painful, just uncomfortable.... especially whenever they were stuffing everything back inside. That was very uncomfortable!

Hmmmmmm Think they forgot to stitch my tummy muscles Helen!!

Did anyone not get the little 'apron' of skin I may ask for a section, with complete tummy overhaul, and to be sterilised at the same time.........think they go for it??!!

They forgot to stitch mine too Hels! Mine is horrid, but I would still opt for another section over vaginal any time.

I guess everyone has their own experiences and opinions.

I had a c-section and I want to go that way again! Only I got my section after 23 hours of induced labor. I was only too happy to have them numb me from the neck down! There was one point during the surgery where I caught a glimpse of a reflection of ME wide open in a light on the ceiling. I almost threw up. But other than that It wasn't bad at all. I was up and walking that night. I was lucky though. I got to spend 5 days in the hospital! I couldn't imagine having to go home after 2 or 3 days!!!!!!! My recovery was fine. The pain meds made me sick so I just took Advil. I did too much and popped a few stiches and got a slight infection but nothing too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->