c-section mommies

Mom 2B

Mom of 2 soon to be 3!
Reaction score
Ok so i must admit this was my second c-section and I dont really remember some of the healing process from my first (2 years ago)

I know that you lose feeling around the incission for a while but I can't remember for how long? Its been 3 weeks and now i have the horrible almost pins and needles feeling. Like I have some feeling but not full feeling. Its a weird feeling but can't really describe it. it doesn't hurt like pins and needles but feels like your foot fell asleep and is just starting to wake up....like beofre the pain of pins and needles. Any idea how long this lasts? Or when i will have total feeling back?

Also i dont think i had this last time but my bladder never feels full. I never feel like I need to pee. I just go to the bathroom regularly because i know i should need to go by then. Anyone have this? How long does this last?

I know with my daughter i had it the day i got out of the hospital. I went to get my pain meds and while waiting i got the feeling i needed to pee adn started walking to the bathroom and pee'd my pants on the short walk. Very embarassing. But it never happened again and i dont think i felt like this last time. Is it normal?

hey,

i'm at 4 months and i'd say the feeling came back about a month ago!

i get the 'need to pee feeling' but when i go there's no pressure, if that makes sense - it just dribbles out (sorry if TMI) if that makes sense?

its getting better now though!

Can't answer the other two questions as I haven't had any of it. But the numbness in my tummy is still there! 8 months on and I still can't feel some of my belly!

I've heard it can take up to 12 months for normal feeling to return :flower:

I'm 5 weeks gone and I still have the numbness and I also never 'feel' the need to go pee. Some days i'll think about it and I haven't gone all day 8+ hours. Not sure when that goes away but i'm sure its cause of the catheter.

Almost six months here and my incision is still numb. I've always had a bladder that could go forever without needing emptying so I can't comment on the peeing part.

My lower belly is completely numb. My mums is too from having me 28 years ago!

My son will be 8 months in a few days an i still have numbness by the scar but the feeling has mostly come back.

My body felt out of whack for the first 4 weeks and slowly started returning to normal

Athena is 3 months- still numb. My bladder gets a weird pain and I find it hard to empty sometimes....

i'm 8mth plus and still numb
but cant comment on the peeing

I'm ok with peeing and the numbness went after about 2 months but I still get occasional tingly or itchyness in the scar area! I'm 12 weeks on btw

13 months...still numb. My bladder doesn't seem as strong as it used to be. Where I used to be able to bypass the urge to go in the middle of the night, now it's as if I'm back in pregnancy and I'm up 2-3 times a night to go. Although I blame the bladder issues on pregnancy, not the section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->