c section numbness

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by Bellylicious, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Bellylicious

Bellylicious Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Is it normal for my stomach to feel numb 7 months after the c section? I thought it would be better by now.

What are your experiences with that?

Thanks

2. TTC2Long

TTC2Long Active Member

I had a C with my first and it wasn't until I was about 7-8 months PP that I even STARTED feeling normal, and it was more than 2 years before I regained feeling in some areas. I still have some areas that are more sensitive but overall no more numbness. Just give it time. A C is major abdominal surgery and they cut alot of nerves in the process and they can take a good while to heal (((HUGS))) HTH.

3. Bellylicious

Bellylicious Well-Known Member

Thanks! Your post sounds really encouraging.:happydance:

4. krissie1234uk

I still have this, numbness in some areas. My sister has had 3 (her youngest is 5) and she has very small areas that are numb still, but she's had the surgery 3 times so I'm hoping it will go away for me!

5. TTC2Long

TTC2Long Active Member

yw :)

6. momandpeanut

momandpeanut Well-Known Member

I still have a huge numb patch to , i went and saw my HV and she said it may never go away altogether but it should decrease with time !

7. channy3232

channy3232 Well-Known Member

My mom had a hysterectomy 20 some years ago and said her incision STILL gets numb and itches sometimes. I think at my 6 week checkup my doctor said it could take 9 months to get feeling back. He said it could be numbness or increased feeling.

8. dannigizmo

dannigizmo mummy to a wee superstar

had my c section nearly 11 months ago and still have numbness in areas so dont worry hun. Bit ny bit its getting better. A woman told me she still got numb after 20 odd years!!! xx

9. beancounter

beancounter Well-Known Member

Still have loss of sensation here... not bothersome numbness like at first though. I hated that! but not quite right.

10. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

I'm nearly 6 months down the road and I still have the numb/weird feeling if I touch that area, I avoid it all together TBH :(

11. NoSpringChick

NoSpringChick Well-Known Member

I'm like Tasha, I have areas I don't like being touched or touching - it's like i know something is touching there but I don't know if I am feeling it just with my finger or my skin, hard to describe.
    The nerves must come back though as when my m/w gave me my injections in my tummy she said she prefered to give them there as no feeling but the second one I felt it and definitly have more feeling now than back then.

12. katycam

katycam Mummy to Austin

mine is still a bit numb, my mum said hers is still numb 20years after her op!