c section numbness

Bellylicious

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Is it normal for my stomach to feel numb 7 months after the c section? I thought it would be better by now.

What are your experiences with that?

Thanks

I had a C with my first and it wasn't until I was about 7-8 months PP that I even STARTED feeling normal, and it was more than 2 years before I regained feeling in some areas. I still have some areas that are more sensitive but overall no more numbness. Just give it time. A C is major abdominal surgery and they cut alot of nerves in the process and they can take a good while to heal (((HUGS))) HTH.

I had a C with my first and it wasn't until I was about 7-8 months PP that I even STARTED feeling normal, and it was more than 2 years before I regained feeling in some areas. I still have some areas that are more sensitive but overall no more numbness. Just give it time. A C is major abdominal surgery and they cut alot of nerves in the process and they can take a good while to heal (((HUGS))) HTH.

Thanks! Your post sounds really encouraging.:happydance:

I still have this, numbness in some areas. My sister has had 3 (her youngest is 5) and she has very small areas that are numb still, but she's had the surgery 3 times so I'm hoping it will go away for me!

Thanks! Your post sounds really encouraging.:happydance:

yw :)

I still have a huge numb patch to , i went and saw my HV and she said it may never go away altogether but it should decrease with time !

My mom had a hysterectomy 20 some years ago and said her incision STILL gets numb and itches sometimes. I think at my 6 week checkup my doctor said it could take 9 months to get feeling back. He said it could be numbness or increased feeling.

had my c section nearly 11 months ago and still have numbness in areas so dont worry hun. Bit ny bit its getting better. A woman told me she still got numb after 20 odd years!!! xx

Still have loss of sensation here... not bothersome numbness like at first though. I hated that! but not quite right.

I'm nearly 6 months down the road and I still have the numb/weird feeling if I touch that area, I avoid it all together TBH :(

I'm like Tasha, I have areas I don't like being touched or touching - it's like i know something is touching there but I don't know if I am feeling it just with my finger or my skin, hard to describe.
The nerves must come back though as when my m/w gave me my injections in my tummy she said she prefered to give them there as no feeling but the second one I felt it and definitly have more feeling now than back then.

mine is still a bit numb, my mum said hers is still numb 20years after her op!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->