C-section or natural birth? pro's & con's ! ?

nicolascott13

Mother of 2
Reaction score
hi i know i am think way ahead of myself but just wanted to see what other peoples opinions / experiences are ?

my 1st baby due date 7th may 2006 arrived on april 19th 2006 .
pregnancy was through IUI and was full of morning sickness ect .
i had some slight discomfort at 33 weeks and went to get checked they put me on the monitor and i was having some slight contractions . they gave me an examination and found i was 7cm dillated :shock: . they took me into labour ward and gave me a drip and steriod injections , contractions keeped on the whole night by morning i went for a shower and they stopped . i was sent home then at 35 weeks i went back in with suspected water leakage to find i was 8 cm dillated . they then kept me in hospital and i wasnt even allowed to go to the loo on my own incase baby came out very quickly .
finally at 37.5 weeks i begged the dr to break my waters and the did at 9am , by 12pm i was 10cm but wasnt fully streached and ready , as pain was unbearable i got a pain injection relife which delayed my labour , at 3pm i was pushing and nothing then at 4.30 they called the dr in by this point i had tore . he cave me a cup ontop of my tear and used the vontouse cup with no luck and then tried the forcepes with no luck . he then took off his glooves stood back and said section to me as he walked away and looked again he said wait a minute took the forcepts again and finally my baby boy was born weighing 7lbs 1.5ozs . my recovery was very slow and it took me a year to go to the dr about my uncomforablness to be told a stitch i got haddend dissolved but skin grew ontop of it , it is still very uncomfortable and i have been offered surgery but they cannot garentee it to get better or not get worse . so i left it .

i am now pregnant again , but i am not sure what labour option i would go for ? , i am so scared that my downstairs would be worse than now if i decide natural , and on the other hand i am scared of the section as its a longer recovery and i live 30miles away from any family or freinds that could help and they do not drive .

i also thought it was a good topic of descusion in genral .

any thoughts or advice ?

x x x

If i was you, id personally give labour a go again.
I dont want to have a major op if i dont have to.
I really enjoyed being able to give birth to Amber, probably took me 6 weeks until i felt 'Ok' again, but it do it all over again.
Section to me would be very very last option.

My experience is 1st labour 13 hrs ventous suction, then forceps and then 3RD degree tear :(... which wasnt repaired or noticed at the time, so i have horendous scarring, 2nd baby 55 mins... had to go for vag delivery again due to staff shortages, and tear went from 3rd to 4th degree... which is now inunfixable , so i have total bowel incontinece:blush:

This time i HAVE to have a section due to past history, and i wish to god i had it last time, but there just wasnt an option as there was no-one to do the section and my labour was so fast.

Wow I thought mine was bad, but you beat me hands down!!

Vag delivery, she came out with one arm in the air and got wedged, emergency forceps, no pain relief, stitching inside for an hour afterwards due to tearing and heamorraging, again no pain relief only gas and air.

Felt fine a few weeks afterwards though.
I will defo go for a vag delivery again.

My experience is 1st labour 13 hrs ventous suction, then forceps and then 3RD degree tear :(... which wasnt repaired or noticed at the time, so i have horendous scarring, 2nd baby 55 mins... had to go for vag delivery again due to staff shortages, and tear went from 3rd to 4th degree... which is now inunfixable , so i have total bowel incontinece:blush:

This time i HAVE to have a section due to past history, and i wish to god i had it last time, but there just wasnt an option as there was no-one to do the section and my labour was so fast.

So with my first child I had a 4th degree tear, they had to use forceps to get him out. My son was 10lbs when he was born and I am sure this one will be just as big.

I also had tons of problems with bowel incontinence and had surgery to repair the problem with my son was 1 year old. Now I have to take fiber supplements and sometime need stool softeners.

I was told that if I delivered naturally again then it would retare and more extensive surgery would be necesssary. I also HAVE to have a c-section and I am okay with that. The alternative is much less pleasant, in my opinion.

my total recovery after natural birth was about 5 months. Then we had to address the problems with incontinence. I had surgery to repair 1 year after giving birth (only because I had to travel 13 hours to the specialiast. I went to one of the best doctors in the USA!!) Recovery after that really hard!! Took me about 3 more months to feel somewhat normal again. I will forever have to take medication but at least I will not have the incontinence problem.

My personal opinion is if possible try natural labour! I had an emergency C section with failure to progress and the recovery for me was awful. I was so lucky to have my family around me to help as i ended up back in hospital the same night i came out of hospital. I could hardly get out of bed, it took me forever to walk from one place to another in the house and was sore for weeks afterwards.

I am really hoping to be able to give the natural way (despite my OH objections against it!! Dont ask!) it would be really nice to feel 'well' after having the baby and not have my mum do all the things i should be doing!! but as we all know not everything pans out the way you want it! xxx

Im worried as heck about this as i have always been extremely tight like im 27 you would think things would loosen up but no its like im a virgin (tmi) lol but its freaking me right out that im going to tear and how much labor is gonna kill. I know its all worth it bla bla bla but honestly im horrible and handelling pain haha

Due to 2 previous C-Sections i imagine it will be another 1 for me. However i am seeing a consultant on the 27th and seeing what the chances of a VBAC are.

I only had the 1st as my DD nearly died when i was in labour, this is very rare though and down to pure neglect from hospital staff who didnt realise she was stuck! so 32hrs of agony followed by and emergency section :(

Lets hope i can have a natural birth this time, but the chances of anyone letting me are slim :cry:

My consultant wont let me even go into labour :cry::cry:
i wanted a vbac :cry::cry:

Im worried as heck about this as i have always been extremely tight like im 27 you would think things would loosen up but no its like im a virgin (tmi) lol but its freaking me right out that im going to tear and how much labor is gonna kill. I know its all worth it bla bla bla but honestly im horrible and handelling pain haha

I was thinking of writing this but i did think TMI! I am the same and maybe this is why i had to get a section? no one actually said! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->