c section or natural ? pro's & con's ?

nicolascott13

Mother of 2
Reaction score
hi i know i am think way ahead of myself but just wanted to see what other peoples opinions / experiences are ?

my 1st baby due date 7th may 2006 arrived on april 19th 2006 .
pregnancy was through IUI and was full of morning sickness ect .
i had some slight discomfort at 33 weeks and went to get checked they put me on the monitor and i was having some slight contractions . they gave me an examination and found i was 7cm dillated . they took me into labour ward and gave me a drip and steriod injections , contractions keeped on the whole night by morning i went for a shower and they stopped . i was sent home then at 35 weeks i went back in with suspected water leakage to find i was 8 cm dillated . they then kept me in hospital and i wasnt even allowed to go to the loo on my own incase baby came out very quickly .
finally at 37.5 weeks i begged the dr to break my waters and the did at 9am , by 12pm i was 10cm but wasnt fully streached and ready , as pain was unbearable i got a pain injection relife which delayed my labour , at 3pm i was pushing and nothing then at 4.30 they called the dr in by this point i had tore . he cave me a cup ontop of my tear and used the vontouse cup with no luck and then tried the forcepes with no luck . he then took off his glooves stood back and said section to me as he walked away and looked again he said wait a minute took the forcepts again and finally my baby boy was born weighing 7lbs 1.5ozs . my recovery was very slow and it took me a year to go to the dr about my uncomforablness to be told a stitch i got haddend dissolved but skin grew ontop of it , it is still very uncomfortable and i have been offered surgery but they cannot garentee it to get better or not get worse . so i left it .

i am now pregnant again , but i am not sure what labour option i would go for ? , i am so scared that my downstairs would be worse than now if i decide natural , and on the other hand i am scared of the section as its a longer recovery and i live 30miles away from any family or freinds that could help and they do not drive .

i also thought it was a good topic of descusion in genral .

any thoughts or advice ?

Tbh hun I would call your last birth vaginal rather than natural, you had a lot of intervention which can cause as many problems as a c-section. If you decide you want to have a natural birth I would really advise looking into active births and water births, even home births.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->