C-section pre op...?

Angelmarie

Mum to 3 ❤️
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of you girls had had the pre-op appointment before a C-section... what exactly does it entail? Bloodwork? Internal exam?

hey, i had the c-section pre-op appointment, its with the anaesthatistly basical they talk you through the procedure, give you some anti sickness tablets to take the night before and on the day of your c-section, they do blood test for your full blood count and blood type in case you need a transfusion and a nose swab for MRSA, they give you some leaflets and ask if you have any questions, its literally a 15 minute appointment :) xx

I had my height, weight, blood pressure, urine, blood samples and a check of my bump. Also was given the tablets to take on the evening before c section. This was 3 days before my section,

Good luck x

Thats confused me then lol. When I stayed in hospital last week I had all that done before I left. I was given the tablets, given a blood thing so I have to go on monday to give blood.
I received a letter yesterday saying I have to go in on tuesday for pre op, c section is on wednesday. I will just turn up anyway but sounds as though I have already had it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->