C Section pre-op

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by MrsN, Nov 14, 2011.

1. MrsN

MrsN Well-Known Member

Hi lovely ladies,

I'm due to have my baby by c section on Monday :happydance: and have my pre-op tomorrow.

Although this will be my 3rd I've never made it to the pre-op appointment before so this will be my first.

Just wondering if anyone could share their experiences of what to expect? My letter says to expect to be there at least 2 hours :dohh:

Whats likely to happen?

Cheers :flower:

2. Belle25

Belle25 Guest

Sorry, I don't know, but wanted to wish you good luck for Monday!
    xx

3. MrsN

MrsN Well-Known Member

Thanks hun xx

4. TiffanyF

TiffanyF Well-Known Member

I'm curious too... I'm gonna call my dr office today and find out. Cause I have my csec next tuesday and they told me to come in on monday for post op but i don't recall them telling me whats gonna happen that day.

5. NickyNack

NickyNack Mum of 3 girls, soon 4!!

just jumped over from 1st tri....I've had 3 c-sections (2 elective) and your pre-op is where they take your pre-op bloods (ow) and get all your forms signed, answer any questions you have etc.....its basically everything that needs done so that when you go into hospital they have everything they need to just whip you down to theatre and do your op :)

6. charlie1510

charlie1510 Well-Known Member

My c-sec is on Wednesday and my pre-op was last Wednesday. I was there about 15 minutes, they just gave me info on what will happen and what time to turn up etc, and gave me some tablets to take at 6am on the day. I go back tomorrow for my bloodtests as they have to be done within 3 days of the c-sec.

Maybe yours will be different, but mine was very short.

7. MrsN

MrsN Well-Known Member

Thanks girls, and hope your sections all go well xx