C-Section Q

faille

Mummy & WTT
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone is actually going to know the answer but I'm interested to hear your experiences =P

I have an app on Tues to try and turn the baby because she's still breech, and if they can't turn her then they'll be booking me in for a section.

As I'll be 37 1/2wks at this time, how soon do you reckon they'll do the section as I assume they won't want to let me get to 40wks in case I go into labour naturally, because then it'll be an emergency section...?

So, to those who had/have a section pre-booked, was you booked in earlier than your due date?

39 weeks is the general rule of thumb for a breech related c-section....I had this with my second child

i reckon they would do it around ur 39th week x

I had an elective c section due to LO being breech, they do them at 39 weeks x

Have you tried scrubbing floors etc? to get s/he to turn? My 2nd and 3rd were breech until 34 + 37 weeks and I managed to turn them using varous techniques.

I was supposed to have my c-section for breech at 38 weeks. However the hospital didn't agree with my doctor's dates (they differed by 4 weeks :shock:) so they decided not to make the appointment just in case it ended up being too early, and waited till the baby started to tell us she was ready. The docs never agreed and even after she was born my doc said she was 4 days late and the hospital said she was 3 weeks early!

I was booked in at 38+5 but they usually like to wait until at least 39. Apparently it's because c-section babies are more likely to have breathing difficulties so they like to leave them in as long as possible to give them the best chance. Even at 38+5 the consultants were arguing amongst themselves about if it was too early...

Good luck with it all.

Im having a C section on doctors orders :cry:, not for breech though and they are booking me in for 38 weeks, hope your LO turns take care :hugs: XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->