C-section question

alparen

Mommy to a Princess
Reaction score
I don't know where else to post this. Any ladies that have had a c-section how much pain and swelling did you have a week later? I am still really sore and have a lot of selling. It went down a bit but I also have a swollen bulgy incision area. It's not red or anything. I also slipped and fell down the stairs 2 days ago so I guess that didn't help anything. I am just itching to get more mobile and not feel so terrible.

Congrats on the LO. I felt a lot better after 2 weeks, and fine after about 4 or 5 xx

I was definelty still sore after 1 week and now at 5 weeks I feel back to normal. Rest plenty and you should be back to normal in no time. Are you taking anything for the pain?

A few days after I left the hospital, I was in soooo much pain! We had to take LO back to the hospital a few times to get his levels checked for jaundice, so when I went in there, I mentioned the pain to my doctor. She ended up giving me some pain killers which REALLY helped! She was also shocked that the hospital discharged me without giving me any pain killers at all. Thank goodness for those pain killers! I was able to move without much pain at all, and after I hit the 3 week mark, I had no pain at all.

My incision is still a little on the bulgy side in some parts. I think that will go down once the scar tissue starts to heal a bit better.

Mine was 9 years ago, so i may have forgotten about swelling, but i really dont remember mine being particularly swollen at all. Id maybe ask the HV/MW to have a look when they come round. Mine did get infected, but it wasnt swollen, just slightly red and sore.

Hope your feeling better soon x

My incision was also swollen, I felt better at 2 weeks and by 4/5 weeks back to myself. But the swelling was alot less noticable by 8 weeks x

Ok thanks so much! I just want to feel more like myself. My daughter I at the nicu 2 hours away and I don't have a car to go see her and have to take the bus. I know I'm not well enough to go on the bus alone to see her right now so it's stressing me out bug time.

I didn't have any c-section pain at all - well only if I tried to sit up too fast in bed. I refused the morphine at hospital and they got shitty at me about it!

I hope your pain goes away soon.

Mine didn't swell at all but was quite sore for the first week. Falling definitely wont have helped though :hugs: Hope you feel better soon xx

i dont think mine was to swollen but i was in a hell of alot of pain it was still hurting but felt abit better on day 5 then day 6 was alot alot more worse to the point i couldnt walk and was crying. had to call an ambulance and turned out i had an infection and was put on iv antibiotics n was in hospital for week. but after that first night of antibiotics i could walk ( still with pain) but could feel the difference.....id say 2 weeks hun you will start to feel normal again although not completly xxx

I was sore for several weeks after. probably more like 6 weeks or so with real pain and then a few more with soreness and i had a well healed incision.

I still get real itchy moments and shooting pains now 24 weeks on.

Ok thanks so much! I just want to feel more like myself. My daughter I at the nicu 2 hours away and I don't have a car to go see her and have to take the bus. I know I'm not well enough to go on the bus alone to see her right now so it's stressing me out bug time.

Oh love that's really rough, I feel like driving you there myself! I hope you feel much better soon.

I was up and about for walks and things about 9 days after but was definitely what could be called 'mobile' about 5 days afterwards.

I had lots of painkillers prescribed and no swelling at all that I can remember.

My incision was definitely swollen for a couple of weeks after. It's totally normal. My mums also a midwife so she also said it was normal when I showed her!

After 3 or 4 weeks I was much much better and perfectly normal at 6 weeks, although I do remember thinking at a week or 2 after my section that i could never imagine feeling well again!! X

My incision was red and really swollen for about 3 weeks then it finally went down. I was really sore for about 2 weeks but i was doing too much aswell so just try to rest and im sure you'll be feeling better in no time. I still get occasional soreness now but its only 10 weeks on x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->